Boss Rares Not Dropping with Individual Drop Style

Oh, well this reminds me, night I believe that's happened on olga when we played before. And I've had it happen with others, where the rare chime goes off for saber, I have also picked up said saber, and seen the RRR has found rare weapon message appear.... for a saber. Seen it on other boss items as well.

19 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

bur i havent even get a drop on all said 3 chars? xD its 1/2 x 3/1 x 1/3x, or something like that.. so it ends up at 1/2 - 1/2 so im not sure if its bugged or not x-x

Basically, we should have found 18 total boss rares (on average) from the Dragon, Vol Opt and Dark Falz, but we actually found 0. So that's why I'm thinking there may be a bug or something, because that's incredibly bad luck.

wait night, were you triple logged?

Also midori, I am not sure how many runs you've actually done, but I know sophia has got up over 100 with no red ring, I am pretty sure mine also took over 100 kills

R3, it would be like killing Dark Falz 1000 times and never getting Red Ring. Between the Dragon, Vol Opt and Falz, we should have found 18 rares, but ended up with no rares whatsoever.

I gave up on TTF since non-Caves bosses can't drop their rares and started hunting Mother Garb+ with multiplayer Individual drop style. Mother Garb+ drops just fine. I've done a dozen or two runs and 2 dropped. The other enemies drop their rares fine as well, so I'm thinking this bug is limited to some bosses only. I hope the Gal Gryphon isn't bugged, because I'm looking forward to hunting Hylian Shield with other players.

~100 runs is not much data for boss rare drop rates, especially for each individual boss. Assuming that the dragon was actually dropping its rare, between it and DRL, the most likely reality is that between all 4 bosses, you have probably received close to the amount of items that you would be expected to receive in this sample size, you just ignored the majority of them and left them on the ground because they were undesirable results for you. If you had picked up 10 RR/ADR and 0-1 of any of the other drops in this sample, this topic wouldn't exist and you would just think to yourself "boy that sure was lucky". The reality is that if each drop's value to the player was equal, the result of 10 RR/ADR and only 0-1 of each other drop would still be below expectation, but since the only thing that really mattered to you as a player was RR/ADR, it would feel like a favorable outcome.

If the rare chime goes off when the game actually should have dropped a rare and it doesn't, that is a completely different story and a real issue, but the result you have experienced is very typical for a small sample, especially when considering all the undesirable drops that were ignored.

39 minutes ago, Justin Noble said:

wait night, were you triple logged?

Also midori, I am not sure how many runs you've actually done, but I know sophia has got up over 100 with no red ring, I am pretty sure mine also took over 100 kills

yep i was tripple logged :P

3 Hylian Shields should have dropped on average in my multiplayer Individual parties so far, but 0 dropped. Also I remember before I did all the TTF runs, a friend and I killed 3 Kondoryuus for the 1/2 Redria Limiter drop, but 0 Limiters dropped, even though we should have found 2 on average. This has been bugged for a while, but either no one else noticed or didn't care enough to report it.

Soly, please fix it as soon as you can. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Midori said:

3 Hylian Shields should have dropped on average in my multiplayer Individual parties so far, but 0 dropped. Also I remember before I did all the TTF runs, a friend and I killed 3 Kondoryuus for the 1/2 Redria Limiter drop, but 0 Limiters dropped, even though we should have found 2 on average. This has been bugged for a while, but either no one else noticed or didn't care enough to report it.

Soly, please fix it as soon as you can. Thanks.

Just did a test.

This is the data I got, here I'm taking Dark Falz in Ultimate Whitill
For both tests did 10000 tries

Shared drops
Dar Wins: 10000 (Expected 10000 * 1 == 10000)
Rare Wins: 180 (Expected 10000 * 1/57 == 175.4)
DAR: 100.000000

Individual drops 4 players
Dar Wins: 4384 (Expected 10000 * 0.43 == 4300) [Comparing to shared drops]
Rare Wins: 75 (Expected 175.4 * 0.43 == 75.4) [Comparing to shared drops]
DAR: 43.000000

So, the rare drops, and seems to be correct in its numbers, here a few more runs I did

Min means the least amount of runs for another item to drop after one dropped
Max means the highest amount of runs for another item to drop after one dropped

Dar Wins: 10000 Rare Wins: 159 DAR: 100.000000
Min: 2 Max: 383
Dar Wins: 10000 Rare Wins: 164 DAR: 100.000000
Min: 2 Max: 307
Dar Wins: 10000 Rare Wins: 174 DAR: 100.000000
Min: 1 Max: 452
Dar Wins: 10000 Rare Wins: 190 DAR: 100.000000
Min: 1 Max: 270
Dar Wins: 10000 Rare Wins: 177 DAR: 100.000000
Min: 1 Max: 282
Dar Wins: 4291 Rare Wins: 96 DAR: 43.000000
Min: 2 Max: 505
Dar Wins: 4324 Rare Wins: 80 DAR: 43.000000
Min: 5 Max: 656
Dar Wins: 4320 Rare Wins: 81 DAR: 43.000000
Min: 4 Max: 537
Dar Wins: 4287 Rare Wins: 71 DAR: 43.000000
Min: 1 Max: 624
Dar Wins: 4345 Rare Wins: 82 DAR: 43.000000
Min: 1 Max: 661

Edited by Soly
  • Like 2

soly try it on your own D: ive did triple log during HH (green names too) as i reached boss i noticed it was kondrieu.. normal chance + hh + dar should be nearly 100% drop.. but no drops on each char :c so i think this cant be bad luck if this happens like 4 times..

1 minute ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

soly try it on your own D: ive did triple log during HH (green names too) as i reached boss i noticed it was kondrieu.. normal chance + hh + dar should be nearly 100% drop.. but no drops on each char :c so i think this cant be bad luck if this happens like 4 times..

You shouldn't be soloing with multiple accounts in the same party to take advantage of the Individual drop style. There is a countermeasure in place to prevent it from working. Soly can explain it better than me. The Individual drop style exists to punish players less than before for playing multiplayer. Of course, the game still punishes for you playing multiplayer but at least now the item penalty is around 50% less items compared to 75% less items like before, and you don't have to fight over items anymore.

All of the times I played multiplayer Individual lately were the proper way, meaning I used a single account and played with others in the same party.

Anyway, I am tired of wasting my time not getting anything with the Individual drop style, so I will be soloing until it's fixed.

13 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

Remember DAR us reduced when you play with more than 1 player, so it being "nearly 100% drop" is not correct.
HH doesn't affect DAR

Edited by Soly
7 minutes ago, Soly said:

Remember DAR us reduced when you play with more than 1 player, so it being "nearly 100% drop" is not correct.
HH doesn't affect DAR

tell me if im wrong but isnt it like:

d scale 1/2 (droprate) * 3/1 (HH) * 1/4,8 (dar)

?

if it doesnt work that way, how does it work then?