Boss Rares Not Dropping with Individual Drop Style

I've been doing a lot of multiplayer TTF runs lately, using Individual drop style, on both Viridia and Whitill section IDs. In all of the 100 or so runs I've done over the past week or two, the rare drops from both Vol Opt and Dark Falz have never dropped a single time for any member of the party. The rare drops for the Dragon and De Rol Le bosses, on the other hand, have dropped many times. Either we all have really terrible luck or there is a bug preventing these items from dropping.

At least two times when Falz died, I heard the rare drop chime, but no one in the party actually got the item. And I've never heard the rare drop chime for Vol Opt, period.

*edit*

Actually now that I think more about it, I'm not sure if the Dragon boss was actually dropping his rare or not. I heard the rare drop chime several times for it and assumed it was dropping but I was teleporting to the Caves asap so I can't actually confirm. The Del Rol Le boss was definitely dropping his rare because I picked it up myself a few times.

Edited by Midori
  • Like 2

Doing some rough math, about 15 5 Ruby Bullets should have dropped overall for the whole party across the 100 or so runs, assuming 3 players on average. But 0 actually dropped, so something is probably wrong.

Edited by Midori
My math was wrong
  • Like 1

Probably just a blessing from RNJesus, but Creampie and I were hunting RR for the entire HH yesterday and nobody got a boss drop on individual except off of De Rol Le. Later that day on the other HH we only ran it once with shared and it dropped first try. Not wanting to stir the pot or anything, but it does kinda line up with what midori said.

1 hour ago, Midori said:

Doing some rough math, about 15 Ruby Bullets should have dropped overall for the whole party across the 100 or so runs, assuming 3 players on average. But 0 actually dropped, so something is probably wrong.

Your math is seriously off, it's not even remotely close. 15 ruby bullet average would need nearly 550 item rolls.

6 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Your math is seriously off, it's not even remotely close. 15 ruby bullet average would need nearly 550 item rolls.

You're right. I went over the math more carefully and it should be 5 Ruby Bullets in total on average for all 3 players doing 100 runs. And applying the same math for Red Ring would mean that 3 Red Rings should have dropped on average.

So instead of 5 Ruby Bullets and 3 Red Rings, we got 0 for both.

It should, but since we have been getting some pretty weird things, like the 65535 meseta and currently block 2 bugged out its player count and its showing the max value for an uint, I can't say for sure. (now are 2 things that go to their max value).

But then, if this weird pattern is affecting your drops, you should get max rare drop an dar? lol idk.

Just did multiplayer Ultimate Whitill TTF runs using Individual drop style the whole HH, about 15 runs. The Dragon should have dropped his rare 2 times, but no one ever got it. Same for Vol Opt; should have dropped 2 times but 0 actually dropped. Falz should have dropped Red Ring 1 time but it never dropped.

Are you convinced that it's bugged yet?

• Like 2

A "should have dropped" when it "could not drop anything ever" won't convince me, the fact that someone got the drop actually should convince you that is not broken.

I have done tons of HH runs without individual drops without RRs, so not getting it in 1 HH doesn't mean anything.
I'll check it out, but I can't do anything if its just luck.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

I did 4 enitre happy hours plus hunting outside of HH to get one about a week ago.This doesn't sound really unusual because I've known a lot of people to go through this, red ring seems like a very hard drop to get given it's actual rate.

If you want better luck you need to listen to 80s music. Always works for me

Edited by Justin Noble

On 8/25/2016 at 10:00 PM, Midori said:

You are sure it's working properly? We just had very bad luck? I hope so.

Code/CPU instructions always work the way the author intends them to assuming it's all been competently streamlined for said purpose and debugged for common failures, so you're probably unlucky or someone changed something somewhere. I'm also curious if the drops on PSO are influenced or by some kind of calculation purely related to time which does not take into considerations your kill count.  I was really lucky few days ago when a relatively unimpressive item with a  1/8130 rate dropped on the first ten kills of an enemy.

Edited by 20B_Goodies