New Auction Rules

Cyane

Since there has been issues with auctions in the past, this are the new rules for auctions:

Auction Rules

• You must set a starting bid that you feel it is ok to let your item go.

Do:

I am auctioning this PGF, starting bid is 100 dts

Do not:

I am auctioning this PGF for 1 meseta, if i don't like the bids i'll keep the item.

• You must set a limit date for the biddings to stop.

Do:

This auction will end on the X day of Y month

Do not:

This auction will end when i feel like

Hope this helps ending with the auction issues, asked Larva for permission on this rules. This will be added to the forum/game rules topic after taking any doubts about them here.

Español

Como han habido problemas con licitaciones, estas son las nuevas reglas para ellas:

Reglas de Subastas

• Debes establecer un precio que te sientas bien para dejar el item con su licitador.

Hace asi:

Estoy subastando este PGF, puja incial es de 100dts

No hagas:

Estoy subastando este pgf por 1 meseta, si no me gustan las ofertas voy a mantener-la.

• Debes establecer la fecha límite para dejar de recibir ofertas.

Hace así:

Esta subasta terminará en el día X en el mes Y.

No hagas:

Esta subasta terminará cuando yo quiera. 

Espero que esto termine con los problemas de las subastas, pedí permiso a Larva  para estas reglas. Esto va a ser añadido al tópico de reglas del foro/juego después de acertar algunas dudas.

Edited by Protoss
  • Like 16

• 9 months later...

can we add a rule for placed bid is placed and you cant back out? saw it a few times now.. and its pretty sure annoying for the auctionist.

its just if you place a bid youll be forced to buy it then. 

that might let people think first before they place any bids... ^^

• Like 2

Not many people read these rules in this topic anyway. 

4 hours ago, Night said:

can we add a rule for placed bid is placed and you cant back out? saw it a few times now.. and its pretty sure annoying for the auctionist.

its just if you place a bid youll be forced to buy it then. 

that might let people think first before they place any bids... ^^

joke lol? 

4 minutes ago, MadOrNah said:

Not many people read these rules in this topic anyway. 

joke lol? 

you are a joke! no i love you hehe

na it was meant for real

9 minutes ago, Night said:

you are a joke! no i love you hehe

na it was meant for real

Seems like this happens because people bid before they have the dts/pds on them... Not me though. Or they find said item for cheaper lol I did that once.

Pretty sure that idea would cause problems. I'd just not allow the person from bidding in my future auction topics lol.

Edited by MadOrNah
Do I really need a reason?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MadOrNah said:

Seems like this happens because people bid before they have the dts/pds on them... Not me though. Or they find said item for cheaper lol I did that once.

Pretty sure that idea would cause problems. I'd just the person from bidding in my topics lol.

yeah but thats not fair ^^ there should be rules and the thing is since noone acts (which i mean are GMs/Mod who warn peeps) so that they think before they bid ;)

I was opposed from the beginning to the whole auctions topic.
Y'all can do whatever you want, I don't want to police childish auctions ¯\_ツ_/¯.

Rudeness aside, I bet if we were to actually enforce any rules on auctions, most people would be banned or whatever sanctions we were to use.
So I'd rather have them as friendly suggestions and you can just ignore certain people who you know do not take the auctions seriously.

The only way to 'enforce' auction rules would be through an ingame system (like they do in some other MMORPGs).

• You put an item in the 'auction house' with a 'starting bid' and a 'buy now' price. (with 3 monetary values : meseta, PDs and dts)
  • You select a time period in hours (max a few days)
  • You submit your auction item and it remains in the system until it's either sold or withdrawn within the first 10 minutes (e.g. you made a mistake with the pricing)
  • People who want to bid on it, select a certain amount and place the bid. You can't take the money out until someone overbids you.

But as Soly said, auctions are something you need to have your own responsibility in. It's a system where the buyer wants the most value out of an item and thus should cope with a certain level of uncertainty when an offer is too good to be true. If people constantly withdraw their offers or break other rules, they'll pretty much ruin their trading reputation and will have a harder time buying something. Implementing a system like I mentioned above takes quite some work and has to be completely safe/exploit-free. Afaik there were no real item auctions in the forum several years ago.

That would be a neat idea! But seems like alot of work D:

But yeah.. what i thinks is shitty is that everyone do what they wanna do.. but that are real life problems too..

• Like 1