Common Bank Fixed

Choko

• 5 months later...

Hi, im currently level 116 on my character Kinishi. I recently found a problem with the common bank myself. The first thing that happened was that I saw were two items named "????". Ive heard that that type of item is a glitched item as it does not have a name beside it and it just has 4 question marks. I tried taking them out of the bank and dropping them from my inventory. The problem was, when i took them, they disappeared completely. I thought nothing of it then i saw that one of my items- the Red Scorpio I had left in my common bank for my ranger class had multiplied to 878632. I only had one of those when i put it in there. Someone told me I should put a dimate in the common bank to prevent the "????" from ahppening again, so i tried that and everything seemed to work fine. I left the bank alone for a while. The next time I looked at my common bank (to take out a weapon for my ranger class) it disconnected me completely from the game. When i hit /bank to turn it into common bank, then she asks if i want to take out meseta or item, and whenever i choose "item" it disconnects me. I tried to access my common bank that way for all 4 of my characters, but it would disconnect me each time. I have no way to recover the items that i had left in my common bank and i have to ask others to help me transfer items for me. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this. I really hope that i do not have to start over.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I know this maybe a little late, and I'm not sure if the common bank has been fixed but has anyone every tried to look at what other private servers are doing? schthack the last PSOBB private server I was playing on before I came here, and I remember using their common bank a lot. I don't remember it nearly having the same amount as issues as I've seen here. Maybe someone can look at the code from their PSO client files and see if any modifications can be made to the current server code?

Edited by seanbob91
direct link ot other server

But the common bank is fully server sided, I don't see what info you would get from other PSO client files? Also, I don't the common bank still bugs that often for users lately.

But the common bank is fully server sided, I don't see what info you would get from other PSO client files? Also, I don't the common bank still bugs that often for users lately.

It bug's like mosquitoes after a rainy summer day. XD

• 3 months later...

Well if you were to schmooze someone over at SCHT hack to get some server code. Hell, I don't even think their servers are up anymore, so it may be work investigating.

Edit: It looks like their hard drive in the server hosting PSOBB went down, and they never took a backup as of 7/30/2015. I think they're still trying to figure out what they're going to do although the community is overwhelmingly saying they would like to have a fresh start.

Edited by seanbob91