Psobb.exe encounered an error (frequent)

Guildcard: N/A

Character N/A

Date/Time: N/A

Description: Psobb.exe encountered an error and needs to close is happening frequently.

Comments: I am Unsure if it is a PSO, latest Firefox update, or win10 Anniversary update issue. (Or if there is a conflict between 2 of them)

Notes: Event Viewer shows "C:\Ultima PSOBB\PsoBB.exe" to be the faulting application and module path in some of the Application Error logs(1000), But in the rest "C:\Ultima PSOBB\PsoBB.exe" is the application path and "C:\Windows\System32\USER32.dll" is the module path.

EDIT: And this is not the same as before either when I posted about the game crashing if i run firefox, sometimes when I refresh the forum (or other webpages, but not conistently EVERY time) it crashes. Something is really wonky :o

Edited by Carsomyr

I heard of Firefox causing problems lately.
I can not test it since I use Chrome, you could try to use another browser for a while?

I haven't played a single bit besides testing in the server rewrite I have been doing but so far I haven't experienced anything with the windows AU.

carsomyr, i can confirm that firefox causes problems with pso x: even if its a nice browser..

actualy im watchin one peace on burning series and i noticed that during active streams more client crashes happen

but if you use other browser its possible that it wont happen

i never had a crash cause of reloading/loading a page.. only if i watchin videos.. (i'll try to deinstall my flash player and install silverlight and will tell you if chrashes still happen or not)

No Nvidia plugins here....

Tr9a6yK.png

And I really don't want to use another browser. IE is.. well that is self explanatory :P Edge is marginally better, and chrome is bloated as hell. It also runs wonky especially where flash is concerned...

Edited by Carsomyr

So umm. A few weeks (or even months now?) ago I told you Soly that using adobe flash in firefox would crash the game... Turns out this IS the same problem. Before I installed AU I had Adobe set to "ask to activate" because it loads a metric butt ton of ads on different forums and whatnot i browse, but afterwards I never set it back to "ask to activate"... And now that it is set that way again, it only crashes PSO when I activate it. Just FYI :P

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Carsomyr said:

So umm. A few weeks (or even months now?) ago I told you Soly that using adobe flash in firefox would crash the game... Turns out this IS the same problem. Before I installed AU I had Adobe set to "ask to activate" because it loads a metric butt ton of ads on different forums and whatnot i browse, but afterwards I never set it back to "ask to activate"... And now that it is set that way again, it only crashes PSO when I activate it. Just FYI :P

i totaly deinstalled flash player (heard also a lot of problems with it -> viruses) its like 1 or 2 weeks now and i never had any crashes anymore

i also noticed that everytime when i was watching series on burning series (only whatch there if you have an addblock ^^) when flash or whatever tried to load a site in background the client crashed even if addblock blocked it x-x you see a milisec loading something - client crashed - but nothing opened cause addblock blocked it

so in my experience it has to be Flash player (im really 99% sure)

game actually work just fine with silverlight, thats what ive tried after flash. and only got random dcs and no more crashes c:

11 hours ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

i totaly deinstalled flash player (heard also a lot of problems with it -> viruses) its like 1 or 2 weeks now and i never had any crashes anymore

i also noticed that everytime when i was watching series on burning series (only whatch there if you have an addblock ^^) when flash or whatever tried to load a site in background the client crashed even if addblock blocked it x-x you see a milisec loading something - client crashed - but nothing opened cause addblock blocked it

so in my experience it has to be Flash player (im really 99% sure)

game actually work just fine with silverlight, thats what ive tried after flash. and only got random dcs and no more crashes c:

Silverlight is no longer being developed, it's in the "end of life" phase. I'd rather not use it :P

EDIT: Although I guess it wouldn't hurt to use it for a while until HTML5 really takes off? :D

Edited by Carsomyr