anyone got a Tool to convert .obj or any format to .nj files

Shiva

any tool out there except the dreamcast sdk conversion tools?

topic says everything.

would appreciate it since im trying to do that: example

i allready resized the model with blender to make it fit, but i still need to add it as a .nj file.

later i would put a skeleton in the model so it will move.

i think it would be nice to Play as a booma or Even Olga Flow 

(that enemy is just an example)

Edited by Shiva

I don't think so... 
The problem with NJ format is that it is proprietary (from SEGA) and would be hard to find something to support it.

It can be reverse engineered but the only one I know that was working on that kinda stopped or something.

I Know it is possible with the dreamcast sdk conversion tool, but i don't have the Hardware/requirements for it.

there is also a Video where someone changed the Model and mentioned that tool

3 hours ago, Soly said:

That person who changed the model, did he really create another model or just swapped existing ones?

he swapped it, but only used the head of the model from the sinow zele. all other parts like the body, he deleted.

1 hour ago, cyane said:

Looks like swap of hair model D:

for now its a swap of the hair model. the head and body aren't possible. but if i make the whole character invisible and change the hight of the new model and also add a skeleton which is moving synchron with the main character u r original moving, it would work

i like where you're going with this : ) i tried a while ago to make a hucast into olga flow by copying the textures from the boss into the relevant parts of the hucast costume but without a clear what was what and a lack of access to original olga file( i used a mecha olga skin ) i got stuck. i really hope you can achieve actual model replacements as the one thing i've learned  is although no new things can be put into the game existing things can be changed and models can be swapped and still be stable. Good luck to you : )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, solo guy said:

i like where you're going with this : ) i tried a while ago to make a hucast into olga flow by copying the textures from the boss into the relevant parts of the hucast costume but without a clear what was what and a lack of access to original olga file( i used a mecha olga skin ) i got stuck. i really hope you can achieve actual model replacements as the one thing i've learned  is although no new things can be put into the game existing things can be changed and models can be swapped and still be stable. Good luck to you : )

yea, i saw ur post some time ago. i also tested olga flow and it worked. just need to resize him since he is all over the place above my head

• Like 1

well dude you got me excited now as to what your gonna come up with : ) hoping you get the time and the info needed to get these mods off the ground and bring something that's not been available to the main stream player ever before : ) 

• Like 1

yea, i hope so too. and the only thing i need now is that tool

To convert .OBJ to .NJ (NJCM or NJTL) you can use segas official conversion tool. You just need an old OS, an old version of 3DS MAX and njaconv.exe from the sega devkit r9.

imsosorry.png

For example this is not a model from PSOBB.

It's in the guide I made. >>> 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, /VUX/* said:

To convert .OBJ to .NJ (NJCM or NJTL) you can use segas official conversion tool. You just need an old OS, an old version of 3DS MAX and njaconv.exe from the sega devkit r9.

imsosorry.png

For example this is not a model from PSOBB.

It's in the guide I made. >>> 

thanks for the info again... btw it was me who commented on ur video

Edited by Shiva