... ] ~ Delsaber Gauntlet ~ [ ...

Misombre

@Starlord Basically when you're ready for the run, you're a naked level 23. Then I give you some stuff that you can buy with your 10 000 WP. But you don't have to buy anything. It's your choice. And yes you can pick up items during the run =)

• I level a character up to lv 23 (with my big stuff from other characters by example)
  • I remove all the stuff from the character, except the mag lv 5
  • I join the event room with my teammates and Necromant. At this stage I have only the said mag in my inventory.
  • I can buy stuff before the run begin to Necromant, using the Will Points.
  • The run start. I can pick up items on the way if I want.

The only exception concerns Scape Dolls and Moon Atomiser. While you're allowed to pick them and use them, I will still count them (so I will remove 2500 Will Points from your leftover pool). Basically, deaths make you lose points no matter if you ask to Necromant to reverse you or if you take care of it yourself.

That actually sounds pretty fun. I'm guessing quest are at random? I would participate but I only have time really late at night due to work. Life sucks I know XD

such a creative event, I like it.

Perhaps you guys could team together. Here is a list of available players :

You guys can make two teams : one of 2 players and one of 3 players. Or if you wait for one more person you can make either 3 teams of 2 players or 2 teams of 3 players.

@Starlord If you manage to find just one person available at the same time than you, it will be fine =) On my side I will try to be as available as possible so it just depends on you guys. Also, as additional information, there's only one run to do for this Gauntlet, and the run takes maximum one hour to complete (unless of course you're so bad that it looks like you're doing it on purpose =D) and I believe can be done in 30 minutes.

• Like 2

Questions:

If a team member dies and he choses to come all the way from the infirmary, or via telepipe if we have found one on the field, will we lose points anyways? Even of no moons were used? (Are telepipes banned?) 

So the point is to finish the quest using minimum Will points as posible right? But is it time sensitive too? Will we be rated on the time it takes us even if doesnt have to do with will points?

Is there somewhere we can see the results from other teams so I can do some math and decide if I have an actual shot at beating them? 

Is the quest doable without using a single Will Point?

Oh yes sorry, I totally forgot this point. Telepipes are indeed banned. If you were to die and come back from the infirmary, two things happen :

1. You have to make all the way back by yourself, to ryuker/telepipe
  2. You loose 2500 WP like any other death.

Also, it is possible to get negative Will Points. When you die, even if you don't have any Will Point left, I can bring you back from the death, and I keep removing Will Points. Having, say, - 10000 Will Point doesn't mean that you cannot win the event. It means you have a malus on your final score.

• The less you use your Will Points, the more you will have bonus added to your final score.
  • Time is important ! But "style" also is :P (though, if you do 1'30" it is unlikely that your style will save you xD)
  • The quest is absolutely not doable without using a single Will Point. You can do the quest without buying stuff at all, but at the end, someone has to kill the monsters ^^ be it Necromant or your team.

I cannot give you the final score of other teams now. That would not be very fair. What I can do however, is tell you what kind of score you need to do in order to beat them for sure :

• Do not die at all and do less than 40 minutes.
  • Have more than 15 000 WP lefts and do less than 50-55 minutes
  • Do whatever score you can, but do not get hurt during the whole run.
  • Play with level 1 character, do not spend any WP in stuff and make it through in less than 35-40 min (meaning that Necromant will do all the job, meaning you have good knowledge of PSO and are fast to take the right decisions)

Take in account that every team that did the challenge before got a bonus because they had a team composed of at least : one human, one cast, one new human and one hunter, one ranger and one force. It is a small bonus though, but it can make all the difference if you guys have close score or equality.

Let the maths aside. You can do it. The only downside which makes it "hard" is that you only have one try (but well, like everyone else), so it's quite easy to screw up.

Edited by Misombre

Any team yet ? Do you guys need help to gather or something ?

Would be nice it this event was over before the end of September, so I guess one or two more teams and we're done here =)

Alright, do you have a team ? When can you be on to do the run ? I got two teams at the moment who are potentially looking for a third member, I can introduce you to them (if it's not already done) if you matches their timezone.

Also, do you already have a lv 23 clean character ready for the event ? (not that it takes a lot of time to build, but still ^^)

8 hours ago, Misombre said:

Alright, do you have a team ? When can you be on to do the run ? I got two teams at the moment who are potentially looking for a third member, I can introduce you to them (if it's not already done) if you matches their timezone.

Also, do you already have a lv 23 clean character ready for the event ? (not that it takes a lot of time to build, but still ^^)

I don't have a team, I'll be on most of the day tomorrow, my time zone is UCT -6 (CDT). I don't have a level 23 yet, but I can get one by the time I go to bed tonight. (I'll make a RAcast if there are no objections)

September is coming to an end, and so will this event do.

End of Delsaber Gauntlet is fixed to 30 september. I will be available as much as possible during this time if some teams want to participate.

I apologize to Donpepe99, Scout Pso, Felipe Celis and anthonyplays, Justin Noble, Shiva for the waiting. I hope you're not too mad at me for hosting a two months event O_o

Man, time sure flies fast. I promise next time (if there is) I will set a limit right away (and avoid requiring to team up, schedule is a terrible thing).

• Like 1

Third team to finish successfully the challenge. A big thanks to them.

• Team : Biza, Yskialuw
  • Death : 0
  • WP left : 2750
  • Time : 56 minutes
  • Strategy : careful
  • Necromant feeling : Wizard/Resist
  • Note to myself : Biza was level 21 | Only two players
  • Final score : pending...
  • Like 1