Forum notifications broken

The forum notifications are not working lately for me, ( anyone else?) 

I did get the notification with 38 minutes left in HH, even though Ryukin posted exactly when it started, it was  150 minutes late :onion118:  And the HH before that, The notification came 7 hours late.  Please help brehs we don't want to miss out:onion-head41:

Thanks for your time, GMs & Larva

• Like 2

Yes, and I know it has occured for other players like Nightmare02. The delays you mentioned also are pretty much spot on.

For me it is especially frustrating because after helping plenty of people getting C/Battles, now that I want to get some of my own the HHs just don't come at a convenient time and in the rare case they actually do, I seem to miss them because of this issue. Sad panda.

Edit: Just as I was posting this, I got the notification mail for the last post by radezz, exactly 1 hour and 1 minute after the previous one for the post by ryukin. Also note, no mail at all for the post by cyane in-between those guys.

Edited by El Socko
additional text
  • Like 1

If it is that late, my best guess is that we're depending on a cron (scheduled tasks) and this sucks because a cron is all but accurate (not even to mention that this one seems to run every one or two hours...)

Am curious to know what's going on with this time laps... normally this kind of system should not depend on a cron. A post is made, every user who subscribed should be automatically alerted. In the minute !

Are you supposed to receive an email (not on the forum hum, I mean on your email address) ? Because emails can take a bit more time, especially if there is a lot of users to alert.

• Like 1

This is strange. I just got the mail for cyane's post at 9:35 local time, more than 2 hours after the mail (received 7:20) for radezz' post, despite cyane posting before radezz on the HH topic.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Misombre said:

Are you supposed to receive an email (not on the forum hum, I mean on your email address) ? Because emails can take a bit more time, especially if there is a lot of users to alert.

That's what the post is all about.
When I have to get a notification (chrome desktop notifications that this forum uses) I get it almost instantly.

I don't have any actual email notification for anything tho, cuz I don't want to get my mail spammed :P

• Like 1

I assume most of us who use the mail notification also have the forum notification activated.

Currently about 200 users have subscribed to the HH topic, when I started following it over a year ago it wasn't much less, maybe 150-170. The mail notification used to work perfectly without any substantial delivery delays, so the fact it suddenly doesn't do so anymore is an issue.

Guess I'll re-activate desktop notifications now despite not liking them too much.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Misombre said:

I guess it coincides with the forum big update...

If so, it is very possible that there is nothing to do about it.

It was working perfectly from June 20 to July 20, not sure what changed.

1 hour ago, Justin Noble said:

Does that tapatalk thing work for giving notifications to your phone? I don't use it but maybe it'd help?

Haven't tried it, almost not enough time left in the event  to figure it out tho

Would disabling the forum notification and only leaving the email checked help? They're both late anyways. oh well