ReShade for PSOBB (Optional Screen Space Ray Traced Global Illumination)

1 minute ago, rakescar said:

I'm aware of the d3d8tod9, I have a basic idea of how it works, in theory. I'll try it on a fresh installation when I have the chance, I fiddle at lot with my current one, so maybe I screwed up something. Thanks =)

No problem, hope you can figure out what's causing your issue.

1 hour ago, O9B066 said:

Well sob... I didn't ever see this post. I was actually working on a shader myself after using one for gta v and impressed. None the less ty I'll give this a try. 

You should still make one if you aren't happy with mine, more choices are good!  I set out to make something different from the first one and it turned out more or less the same lol.

Solved. So, it worked on a fresh installation.

Comparing side by side with a new installation I stripped down all diferences in files till they got identical. But the game still wouldn't launch on the old install. Same amount of bytes, dates, everything. The only thing left was that my old psobb.exe was set to compatibility mode for wxp sp2, turning it off solved the problem. So whoever wants to try this, remember to turn of compatibility mode on your .exe, including any launcher, cause child programs will follow parents rules, or smthg, idk, I'm nor a coder.

It feels silly that compatibility mode was the cause for it not working, I guess checking the basics is always a good start?

And OMG this stuff is amazing, it's SO MUCH BETTER than the first version, MXAO looks so much better. Thanks again Zaba for putting this out for the community! Idk how many cares about this, but I love this s!ht!

Edited by rakescar
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So I was playing around with ReShade and made a new preset while going for something "cinematic" and dumb.  Lens flare, film grain, depth of field, some very muted tonemapping (a primarily teal look to capture a sci fi feel), chromatic aberration, etc.  It's basically unplayable because of what it does to the UI and, like I said, it's really dumb, but here are some screenshots.  If anybody wants me to package it and post it, let me know, but I'm not anticipating any demand for it.  Still though, it looks kinda neat, so maybe somebody wants it for screenshots or something.  It wouldn't involve uninstalling the other preset, it would be easily swappable in-game.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ZabaZu said:

So I was playing around with ReShade and made a new preset while going for something "cinematic" and dumb.  Lens flare, film grain, depth of field, some very muted tonemapping (a primarily teal look to capture a sci fi feel), chromatic aberration, etc.  It's basically unplayable because of what it does to the UI and, like I said, it's really dumb, but here are some screenshots.  If anybody wants me to package it and post it, let me know, but I'm not anticipating any demand for it.  Still though, it looks kinda neat, so maybe somebody wants it for screenshots or something.  It wouldn't involve uninstalling the other preset, it would be easily swappable in-game.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Woaw, I defienetly like this depth of field, it's a really nice touch.
About the contrast it's a bit too high and we loose some details in the dark areas

but overall the cinematic feeling is real and legit, good good job sir, cheers!

On 5/18/2018 at 7:42 PM, Lipelis said:

Woaw, I defienetly like this depth of field, it's a really nice touch.
About the contrast it's a bit too high and we loose some details in the dark areas

but overall the cinematic feeling is real and legit, good good job sir, cheers!

I "finalized" the preset and reduced the contrast.  It's in the OP.  I took it in a slightly different direction, what I was doing only looked good in a few areas.

• 11 months later...

Hello, I am new here.

I was wondering why the reflections in my image seem to apply incorrectly, They look like curtains of lights just hovering over stuff and characters and the floors are also not reflected if that makes sense.
I have not moved any shaders around from their positions, Only turned off mxao in the (no blur) preset.

I have reinstalled everything multiple times.

resolution is 1920x1080

hapu.jpg

shader.jpg

po.png

Edited by Relmitos
  • Like 1

You probably have an incorrect depth buffer setting in the global pre-processor settings.  Check and make sure:

RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE = 1000

RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN = 0

RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED = 0

RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC = 0

Also, I just wanna show off some screenshots of the new preset I'm working on.  I updated to the latest version of reshade (should be an easier install process) and am making use of some new shaders, one of which is an alpha release for "ray traced" global illumination (only in screen space though, so keep expectations tempered).  I've tweaked colors and bloom as well, I think it's turning out quite good.  That said, I can't upload that shader and preset because the global illumination shader isn't public yet.  Once it is, I'll make sure to post it here!  If you guys want an updated version of the mod minus the GI shader though, lemme know and I'll upload that.

2.0.1 "Pretty" preset: 

psobb2019-05-1201-13-cqjpv.png

New work in progress:

psobb2019-05-1201-13-u5j29.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZabaZu said:

You probably have an incorrect depth buffer setting in the global pre-processor settings.  Check and make sure:

RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE = 1000

RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN = 0

RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED = 0

RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC = 0

Also, I just wanna show off some screenshots of the new preset I'm working on.  I updated to the latest version of reshade (should be an easier install process) and am making use of some new shaders, one of which is an alpha release for "ray traced" global illumination (only in screen space though, so keep expectations tempered).  I've tweaked colors and bloom as well, I think it's turning out quite good.  That said, I can't upload that shader and preset because the global illumination shader isn't public yet.  Once it is, I'll make sure to post it here!  If you guys want an updated version of the mod minus the GI shader though, lemme know and I'll upload that.

Excellent...that did wonders, I thank you for your help, It all works now.

I would love to see the new stuff you've worked on when the time comes.

Edited by Relmitos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...