I have a good way to get "desfreeze" or breaking the ice, in the gamecube i make circles whit the stick, that break the ice fast, in keyborad, i tap w a s d the fast i can and the effect is the same, i break the ice. Sorry for mi english. I hope this help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cross said:

I have a good way to get "desfreeze" or breaking the ice, in the gamecube i make circles whit the stick, that break the ice fast, in keyborad, i tap w a s d the fast i can and the effect is the same, i break the ice. Sorry for mi english. I hope this help.

That's what the OP showed in the video.
The reason that works is because you hit left and right with that kind of movement.

Wow guys. Thanks for ALL the feedback again!

If I can get me mitts on a controller, I will make an updated version of the video and cover turbo keybinds, performing the trick multiple times with the keyboard and the controller, and setting up the turbos. I would BET you can do the same thing for the keyboard... Back at my apartment, I have a Corsair K90 mechanical keyboard with 18 macro keys and repeating functionality. (What I have found though is that some games seem to be intelligent enough to limit turbo keypressing..)

I looked back at the last video I made. I don't know about you guys... but we killed 2nd stage Falz on ultimate in LITERALLY 20 seconds... We only had to deal with the spinners once.
https://youtu.be/89-gixSHZ2Y?t=1493   <-------------------

All in all, did this video help any of you guys? I am aware that many of the people more prone to respond are avid players of the game and would know this already...
ALSO, suggestions for future videos? :D

On 7/13/2016 at 1:53 AM, Midori said:

First off, you should really be using a controller because it's vastly superior to keyboard. I suggest using PC software like JoyToKey and setting up a few toggles so you can fit in more buttons than normal. It's a bit complicated but if you put in some time to properly set up the controls, you will understand that keyboard is shit in comparison. Keyboard is best for actually chatting, and you will still need to use it for that, but for pretty much everything else, you can do it better and faster on controller.

As for breaking out of ice, the best way would be to configure a dedicated button for it. I set my PS3 Dual Shock's L3 button to do WASD turbo when held down. So when I'm frozen, I just push down on the left analog stick and hold until the ice breaks, which happens as soon as possible. To find the best rate of turbo, use the button mashing mini game in Gallon's Shop quest. Good luck.

Midori always seems to have to correct people on every little detail about themselves even if she has either no place doing so or is in the complete wrong doing so. It astounds me how she can claim to be so open minded yet still time and time again bitch and moan about the smallest things and only accept her answers and ideals to be the correct way of doing things; much like a very close minded and ignorant child would.

I'll say this, I use a Keyboard because it is what's easiest for me. Regardless of whether you believe it to be true or not Midori, whether you use a controller or a keyboard is completely nothing but personal preference; there is no evidence to support that controller is better or that keyboard is better because everything about how you personally chose to control your characters in this game is strictly based off of what you and you alone like to use. If you like controller, then use a controller; if you like keyboards, use a fracking keyboard. Not everything has to be corrected upon and made into an argument.

You wanna know who makes everything into stupid arguments over personal preference Midori: Petulant children with nothing better to do than needlessly argue over stupid shit.

• Like 1

The tried and tested way to break out of ice is to hit left then right (or vice versa) exactly 4 times each, so performing A D A D A D A D will always work perfectly. Doing the same motions also used to work for me on the Gamecube version but for some reason the same does not hold true for either the Gamecube or Xbox 360 controller (analog stick) on PSOBB.

• Like 3

I use keyboard because I own one.

As for the ice, It is super useful thing to know as a Force versing Falz.  Both the ice and the spinners do ~70% of my max hp as Fomarl.  70+70=140% and you die.  So you need to break ice and resta real fast.

Alright here we go.
In this video, I try 3 things (in order)

AD like mad (before I get frozen)
Menu and hold S key (before I get frozen)
Menu and hold WASD keys (before I get frozen, i;m not alternating them or anything fancy, just hold, I suspect it will work the same with just 2 keys)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Soly said:

Alright here we go.
In this video, I try 3 things (in order)

AD like mad (before I get frozen)
Menu and hold S key (before I get frozen)
Menu and hold WASD keys (before I get frozen, i;m not alternating them or anything fancy, just hold, I suspect it will work the same with just 2 keys)

Wow. Nice work. Very transparent! :)

24 minutes ago, blueman189 said:

Wow. Nice work. Very transparent! :)

Lol, my video editing skills are not good at all xD

From that "data".
Alternating AD and opening a menu and holding several keys seems to be the fastest.
I personally prefer the menu method since that allows me to run away without being slowed down by the targeting of the spinners.