Here's a quick way to break out of ice. Many people seem to get frustrated or are unaware of this trick so I thought I would make a video demoing and explaining it.

Let me know what you think! :)

I have another fun video idea planned in the future ;)

-CM/Phenom/Yusuke/Sophie

• Like 2

First off, you should really be using a controller because it's vastly superior to keyboard. I suggest using PC software like JoyToKey and setting up a few toggles so you can fit in more buttons than normal. It's a bit complicated but if you put in some time to properly set up the controls, you will understand that keyboard is shit in comparison. Keyboard is best for actually chatting, and you will still need to use it for that, but for pretty much everything else, you can do it better and faster on controller.

As for breaking out of ice, the best way would be to configure a dedicated button for it. I set my PS3 Dual Shock's L3 button to do WASD turbo when held down. So when I'm frozen, I just push down on the left analog stick and hold until the ice breaks, which happens as soon as possible. To find the best rate of turbo, use the button mashing mini game in Gallon's Shop quest. Good luck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Midori said:

First off, you should really be using a controller because it's vastly superior to keyboard. I suggest using PC software like JoyToKey and setting up a few toggles so you can fit in more buttons than normal. It's a bit complicated but if you put in some time to properly set up the controls, you will understand that keyboard is shit in comparison. Keyboard is best for actually chatting, and you will still need to use it for that, but for pretty much everything else, you can do it better and faster on controller.

As for breaking out of ice, the best way would be to configure a dedicated button for it. I set my PS3 Dual Shock's L3 button to do WASD turbo when held down. So when I'm frozen, I just push down on the left analog stick and hold until the ice breaks, which happens as soon as possible. To find the best rate of turbo, use the button mashing mini game in Gallon's Shop quest. Good luck.

I use the keyboard and controller. It's personal preference.

Edited by Colorado Wilson

@Colorado Wilson

Sure. You can have any preference that you want. But if you care about having really good controls, you would properly configure a controller like I did. It's like how some people prefer to use the wiimote only for Smash 4, where others who care about winning use the Gamecube controller or something similar to it. Preferences aside, a properly configured controller is just flat out superior to keyboard. You have more control over the movement of your character, you can press buttons faster and get access to turbo, so it's objectively better. Turbo isn't just for breaking out of ice. You can also use it for consumable items like Trimates, techs on your hotbar and skipping NPC dialogue.

It's your opinion that taking your hand off your controller all the time to do stuff from the keyboard is fun, but it's a fact that it would be faster and better to just do it from the controller.

Controller is not necessarily "the best".
The best is what you feel more comfortable with. I can't play with controller even if I wanted to.

I guess the movement yeah but 
I can press keys fast, just as I would press buttons fast in a controller and also have access to turbo (ahk).
So I don't know, its the same for me.

Anyway, I don't think this kind of discussion belongs to this topic.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 2

Controller is the best to avoid your little hands (nerf, hamstring, etc.) to be too tired. The keyboard tend to make you tired very easily (bad position, inconfort) over time.

That being said, controller is nowhere near superior to keyboard. It really depend on the user (also on the keyboard, I used to have a keyboard with more than ten keys malfunctioning... that's awful).

As for me, am way better with keyboard than with controller. Actually, I am so good with the keyboard that I can write complete sentence blindfolded and with a speed probably higher than the average Joe. Buuut... this is because I almost never use controller, and when I do, I die all the time ^^

i also prefer controller over keyboard cause i always played with controller and never used key xD

2 hours ago, Midori said:

faster on controller.

and midori not everything is faster on controller.. switching weps is slower than key for one reason

check it out in a 100+ items bank. scroll down with controller & then try it with key

(i dont know why it is that way but key scrolls faster than controller xD)

and im a big controller lover but in some situations i use key cause its faster sometimes :P

(if you've learned it you re faster in wep switchin with key)

i havent tested it on key but i think also cast have a pro with key (set trap + gun) like in sylphs videos you can imediatly activate it

with controller im struggling a bit to dont move and activate the trap xD

but everyone can play like he want c:

• Like 1

even with controller set up using joy to key or xpadder for full kb controls on controller (i do this because controller is more comfortable for my hands) it depends on that lag time of the controller if wired or wireless but eve with a controller with little to no lag they are roughly the same speed no one is superior to the other its just preference if you want to use only index fingers and thumbs or your whole hands

another variable on this is if you actually type to people in game or use a volp option like teamspeak or discord because if you type to people keyboard is going to be faster because you hands are already on it and you don't need time to set a controller down this way while using a volp option to voice chat effectively makes them both the same speed

it also depends if like midori said and you use turbo on controller (i honestly find this a bit rude to do as other players typically don't use turbo and is unfair to them giving you advantages) otherwise i find mashing a and d fast is usually faster than moving a control stick back and forth super fast (also wearing out the control stick) as a way to break out of ice

another variable i can think of (in xpadders case because i haven't used joy2key) is if you set up a back page for your controller or not for access to more buttons for things such as chat shortcuts for commands like /lobby or /bank or even /killcount or /hh but even if you do that at least in my case anyway you will probably still want to be able to move your character and be able to scroll in menus so this option limits how many you can use unless you set up a 3rd page

so in short in my opinion keyboard has more accessibility to all the games functions while gamepad is more comfort  but in the end its all user preference

392430e214.jpg

I like how this devolved into shitposting about a meaningless preference no one cares about. 

OT: just buy an STA for 800 dts and never get frozen you skr00b (from falz anyway, traps still get ya randomly somehow)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, rayblasterx said:

I like how this devolved into shitposting about a meaningless preference no one cares about. 

OT: just buy an STA for 800 dts and never get frozen you skr00b (from falz anyway, traps still get ya randomly somehow)

you can get frozen even with sta, only thing what change is the dmg to 0

4 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

you can get frozen even with sta, only thing what change is the dmg to 0

Even on falz? Its never happened to me :"L

or can't remember it ever happening anyway

Edited by rayblasterx

1 minute ago, cyane said:

Ice isn't the problem, the problem are the spinners in ultimate.

They come right after ;o; and rekt time happens.

ya we know but we also need to know if falz rabartas lvl is high enough to freeze when we have sta equiped & 100 in ice rez?