Theme setups for PSO

Frethia Runo

Ok, as you all likely saw with my status I am working on a little side thought with the new mods.ini and skinning. This is a work in progress plan HOWEVER. I'll say right now I am not exactly that good of a skinner (as in ART isn't my forte but recoloring things and customizing things out of multiple is what I do). with what the new mods.ini shows and allows I am thinking I might work on making sets of themed packs for downloads.. HOWEVER as the mods.ini gets better and more files get spared from the replaceing of them I'm going to give one warning as I start with these little projects. BACK UP THE FILES!! The only ones my packs I put up on the web that will be needed as a copy will be noted tell the time they are spared then it will just be drag and drop. NOTE I only plan to work on packs that include the HUD, the title/start screen, The char selection screen, and the sounds for the HUD files. This don't mean I wont likely make add-ons for them to use skins based off those (like reskin the classes with the hud to match a game or fit a theme) but again those are likely going to be optional. and I will NEVER touch the effects as those are to random for me to deal with in every pack I compile together.

• Like 2

Can you do a hud where the top part of the action buttons(opens chat) is hidden? I've been using the pso2 one by echelon for ages and could do with a fresh new looking hud, there is another hud that does this can't remember author but it dosnt scale well into hd and all the rest have that top part showing : / looking forward to see what you come up with : ) only kamui has done something like this recently and his turned out really well (horror mod for ep 1) 

Edited by solo guy

On 7/4/2016 at 5:12 PM, magictrick said:

Can you make a HUD that's completely invisible?

Enable custom hotkeys and press Ctrl + H.
That will hide the HUD (and the mini map, which is not part of the HUD files itself)

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I couldn't even if the custom hotkeys werent around make a totally invisible hud. as for the one with the want for a hud whos top icon is gone. I can do so but I'd have to work with huds I get my hands on as is. if you can tell me the kind of style you wish for it to have as a base I can look into making one. I been very busy with work and the packs as the site where I get my base files to make these packs is issuing me some hassles. However most of the skins I run I take that top button off as it distracts me a fair bit.. Tho I might take a while as I have a goal one I am working on but art isn't my strong suit so I'm having to ask a friend to help me.. when its done I will show and it wont have the upper one again (my perfered style is without it, but making an icon of a light to go off when you can use the button to donate to it). Tho I do often work with what I can and color match them as best I can given my tools I have (I am NOT gonna shell out for photoshop when I can use something that is free).. add to that my goal will take me far longer then I want yet as I litterally with one the files I plan to use need to edit litterally every sound file I can to compress the sounds size into the .pac file. heck might even work on a title and all the full on ui elements as I can (the minimap is gonna be the largest pain for it)... I'll leave a little spoiler here.. oh and with HD systems seeing I can't test such things I'd have to try to see if it scales right prior to saying if it can or not as I don't use the hud in HD mode

Spoiler

I heard theres this guy named Kirito whos a badass in another sort of game... well I want to rip off his UI...and the sound effects from said "Game" if you can call it that

Edited by Frethia Runo
Not multiposting.
  • Like 1