Intelligence Defense Systems

R-78

NPCs would be a nice touch for sure. One thing that did disappoint me was that there was no hidden message in the quest description, I had tried translating all that binary (which ended on a half-byte oddly enough) and came up with nothing for it.

oki... i tried a run alone with my hucaseal earlier and i managed to finish it ( had to be very tricky sometimes in last room :x ), R78 you are deceiftful but i still found a very easy way to deal with this last huge baranz spawns :P and it is when playing this last room and those infamous spawns that i've realized how twisted and sadistic you are xD

Anyway, i think i've found all the secrets of this quest ( excepted maybe the easter egg, unless you can't get it alone ) and i must say that you had very good ideas here and there ;) your quest overally is very good ( even though it's totally not designed for solo ), here what i've found :

- 1 Photon Drops by shooting a flying box in air ( i won't say more to not spoil )

- 2 Photon Crystal by killing some specific monsters in a certain little room..

- A secret warp in mine 2 ( a bit glitchy to enter but well.. )

- A boss warp to fight Vol Opt ( phase 2 has no lightning like the gryphon in gal da val darkness and that's actually a good idea ;) )

- An extra HP mat in an intermediate area after you defeated Vol Opt ( not sure if this one is fixed or randomly generated )

- 2 Luck materials and 1 TP material in very last room

Here's some screenshot :

922363pso1467094902.png

131708pso1467094831.png

898517pso1467093471.png

I find it nice that you was able to use this room that i hadn't seen since many years ( if i recall correctly, last time was on GC solo when you have to unlock/activate the 3 pillars in forest/cave/mine and warp in this small area that give you access to ruins )

Thank you for your work R-78

Edited by Sylph777
  • Like 3

On 27/06/2016 at 6:04 PM, Fyrewolf5 said:

I may have been able to get stuck because my character is fairly short, it's not at minimum height but it is quite low, perhaps your testing characters were larger.

Mh ok, I didn't know the size of characters could affect where they can pass.

I didn't really do much easter egg hunting(I was just playing on normal so I can observe all the spawns; how many canadines are fliers vs melee, sinow red/gold ratios, spawn layouts and speculating possible positionings for them, etc.)

I like when players pay attention to things like that. (I'm used to "KILL KILL KILL, who cares if this is a zonding canadine ?" xD)

but since you say you don't mind us posting about what we found, I did really like that challenge room you put towards the end of mines, where there is a spawning machine which spawns a dubchich with no switch, and after the player goes through the effort to kill it 5 times it triggers the challenge room to start, locking the door and making a lot of tough close spawns appear (including 2 baranz in that tiny room haha). At the end, two brown boxes appeared which each contained a photon crystal.

Nice one, usually people are not patient enough to see this ;)

On 27/06/2016 at 7:43 PM, Fyrewolf5 said:

One thing that did disappoint me was that there was no hidden message in the quest description, I had tried translating all that binary (which ended on a half-byte oddly enough) and came up with nothing for it.

Ahah you went that far ... indeed I randomly typed that binary in order to fulfill the description blank.

The max characters allowed didn't make it a multiple of 8 though.

On 27/06/2016 at 6:48 PM, cyane said:

Really liked some innovations on that quest, psycho suicide needs to be something here now too!

Why psycho suicide when Baranz can have you painlessly die ?

Only downside is the ammount of baranz and those floaty guys.

There are actually fewer "floaty guys" than gillchichs :P as for Baranz, check the enemy count, this is a lie there were not that many.

Suggestion would be to include some pioneer npcs with a bit of funny speech so it becomes more memorable.

I'm open to that suggestion so if you have any script idea, feel free to send me and I may implement it.

overall was fun, enjoyed those spawn capsules, really wanted to walk inside one and get teleported somewhere secret ya know!

Unfortunately can't do that, the capsule is path blocking.

But if you are a Gillchich you can go inside.

By the way I cleaned my inbox as you asked but where is my new PM ? D:

On 28/06/2016 at 8:49 AM, Sylph777 said:

oki... i tried a run alone with my hucaseal earlier and i managed to finish it ( had to be very tricky sometimes in last room :x ), R78 you are deceiftful but i still found a very easy way to deal with this last huge baranz spawns :P

See guys ? Sylph can solo it, I need to add more Baranz.

and it is when playing this last room and those infamous spawns that i've realized how twisted and sadistic you are xD

Ahah I thought you already knew how sadistic I am. (remember the one who made Sylph RQ Ultima !)

Anyway, i think i've found all the secrets of this quest and i must say that you had very good ideas here and there ;) your quest overally is very good, here what i've found :

- 1 Photon Drops by shooting a flying box in air ( i won't say more to not spoil )

- 2 Photon Crystal by killing some specific monsters in a certain little room..

- A secret warp in mine 2 ( a bit glitchy to enter but well.. )

- A boss warp to fight Vol Opt ( phase 2 has no lightning like the gryphon in gal da val darkness and that's actually a good idea ;) )

- An extra HP mat in an intermediate area after you defeated Vol Opt ( not sure if this one is fixed or randomly generated )

- 2 Luck materials and 1 TP material in very last room

Amazing ! But you actually missed one last hidden little thing in Mine 2 ;)

Yes, the HP is fixed. (There is a fixed Scape doll as well in the 4 cryotubes room but this is not a secret)

Also I have to correct you, in the very last room there are 2 luck and 2 TP but sometimes boxes won't drop anything.

( excepted maybe the easter egg, unless you can't get it alone )

The name refers to an organization from Advance Wars - Days of Ruin, nothing hidden in the quest itself.

( even though it's totally not designed for solo )

You have to mention "Classic Solo" or "Solo with Sylph included".

I find it nice that you was able to use this room that i hadn't seen since many years ( if i recall correctly, last time was on GC solo when you have to unlock/activate the 3 pillars in forest/cave/mine and warp in this small area that give you access to ruins )

Thank you for your work R-78

Exact. And here you can activate 6 of the 3 pillars. (joke)

Thank you for the post and you're welcome :]

Anyway :

Congratulations to Saith for finding the secret challenge room.

Congratulations to Sylph for soloing the quest (on Ultima) and finding almost all of the secrets.

Enemy count added thanks to Lemon's Counting Tool.

Edited by r-78
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well took me almost 3 hours to complete, only by myself, only 100 + deaths (lol)

but a have so much fun i reely like to see a second part, maybe in epi 2? 

btw awesome quest 

pso131195065451694442.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ryufear said:

Well took me almost 3 hours to complete, only by myself, only 100 + deaths (lol)

I guess that's what happens when one doesn't follow the quest recommendations xD

but a have so much fun i reely like to see a second part, maybe in epi 2?

I'm currently working on it, but not episode II, not yet ;)

btw awesome quest 

Thank you, I appreciate ^^

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, R-78 said:

I'm currently working on it, but not episode II, not yet ;)

You have me interested!

• Like 2

Isn't the whole point of them being secrets that they are difficult to find?  Would ruin the fun of searching and finding them for everyone in the future if someone posted directions wouldn't it?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, R-78 said:

Thanks for letting me know! It's a bit of a shame, I was able to gear up quite a fair bit whilst the PD drop was consistent. Very much looking forwards to the next quests you publish, if ya decide to continue.

• Like 1