Ultima Summer Event 2016!

Cyane

@griffeni, I had no intention to make fun of people who haven't found their Soul Boosters yet. You said I could hunt for days and never find it, along with telling us about how many Soul Boosters and Cent/Battles you've found, so I did the same as you and shared my own experience. I don't know your method for hunting Soul Booster, but I can tell you what I did.

I did the first room of PW4, using the wall trick to help me kill the enemies faster and I would cancel at the end of the room. Each run took around 2 to 3 minutes. I did it solo, but that should be obvious.

@midori yeah thats the same run i was doing except when i actually found the first soulbooster last night when it was getting boring so i started dropping my red id so the room would be skyly so i could try for sjs with gi gue then it dropped like 3 games after that

I hate you both : / lol joking I'm sick of the sight of bloody pw4 1st room it's practically the only place I've been during the event barring a couple of max s runs in which sb dropped but it wasn't my turn . : ( gonna keep trying though 

It seems to me that each event the same IDs get the drops. (mainly skyly is what I've noticed).  Not that this is a bad thing, but I would like to see different IDs from last year, to keep us guessing.

Also, thanks for the great event.

Has the official drop rate info for this event been posted yet? I heard that it was planned to. If not, consider this a friendly reminder. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

Soly said he was going to ask permission to Larva to publish the drop table 2 days ago. I guess Larva still didn't answered or maybe Soly is busy right now. :unsure:

"Not yet" 

Said the big man

On 6/26/2016 at 1:40 PM, Lemon said:

That's kind of the point.  If they told everyone exactly where everything dropped then people would only play those IDs for the duration of the event.   Though in my opinion drop tables killed the game so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

would u care to explain how droptables killed the game?  plus isnt that the point of the event is to hunt those items? if they wanted to be fair(which they should have done) then woudnt every id would get something?  plus arent people already been doing that, like way before ultima became a server? and isnt the point of the droptabe is to help figure out what to hunt for their character class and to organize information? none of what you said made any sense.....at all. to clarify what i am saying is, that  why have an event where specific items for that event exist, but not notify nor tell anyone, especially newer players, like myself, any sort of information?  that defeats the whole point of the event if nobody knows what to or even able to hunt sir. especially when someone is hunting an item only to find out at the last minute that the drop changed for that specific monster and all that time was wasted. i say this is really irritating when the only source of information comes from veteran players that nobody knows EXCEPT VETERAN PLAYERS. If the gms are the one who made the event then it should be the gms to organize and expain exact information FOR ALL PLAYERS OF PSO. RELYING ON PLAYERS THAT NOT MANY KNOW AND WHO ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN FINDING EVENT ITEMS FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FRIENDS IS A VERY BAD WAY OF HANDLING A SIMPLE TASK.  this kind of thing ends up being extremely biased  against a group of people who are too new to know how utima works. you leave them out of the equation entirely.  thats not fair to them nor is that fair to me. there are more than just payers who been here for years. you guys need to think of them too. this kinds of event could be a perfect reason to make the new guys feel welcome and at home not discriminate against them.  support the ignorant and inexperienced as much as you support the knowledgeable and experienced.  be fair to everyone. you guys can do better than this. ive seen it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ragtag26 said:

would u care to explain how droptables killed the game?  plus isnt that the point of the event is to hunt those items? if they wanted to be fair(which they should have done) then woudnt every id would get something?  plus arent people already been doing that, like way before ultima became a server? and isnt the point of the droptabe is to help figure out what to hunt for their character class and to organize information? none of what you said made any sense.....at all. to clarify what i am saying is, that  why have an event where specific items for that event exist, but not notify nor tell anyone, especially newer players, like myself, any sort of information?  that defeats the whole point of the event if nobody knows what to or even able to hunt sir. especially when someone is hunting an item only to find out at the last minute that the drop changed for that specific monster and all that time was wasted. i say this is really irritating when the only source of information comes from veteran players that nobody knows EXCEPT VETERAN PLAYERS. If the gms are the one who made the event then it should be the gms to organize and expain exact information FOR ALL PLAYERS OF PSO. RELYING ON PLAYERS THAT NOT MANY KNOW AND WHO ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN FINDING EVENT ITEMS FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FRIENDS IS A VERY BAD WAY OF HANDLING A SIMPLE TASK.  this kind of thing ends up being extremely biased  against a group of people who are too new to know how utima works. you leave them out of the equation entirely.  thats not fair to them nor is that fair to me. there are more than just payers who been here for years. you guys need to think of them too. this kinds of event could be a perfect reason to make the new guys feel welcome and at home not discriminate against them.  support the ignorant and inexperienced as much as you support the knowledgeable and experienced.  be fair to everyone. you guys can do better than this. ive seen it. 

So this is only my opinion but.. I am also new to the game and I feel the event is made clear enough. drop tables were made a long time ago by dedicated hunters. and once they were discovered people used them so that they could hunt with ease. We owe EVERYTHING to the people who do all the hard grindy work to get these drops and this information. If it wasnt for these experienced players we wouldn't have dropcharts. Yes with a private server this info is available to admins because its coded and they can know the rates. even so. events happen 4 times a year and each season a handful or different IDs get drops. It cycles. So maybe you get summer and winter drops and can trade those for spring and autumn drops. It works out. I am too under geared because I am too new to farm even items.  But I don't mind waiting for a year. Because PSO has never been a pick up play get to 200 drop it game, EVER. Ill pend a year getting ready. then the next year farming late game and I see nothing wrong with that. Yes the event items taking up other drops changes the drop table, but thats why there's a forum. You read the event list to see, oh hey, a new item drops instead. People are finding X-item from Y-enemy. It's not so difficult, If you have half a brain and a bit of patience and dedicate a drop of time you wouldn't be complaining. Modern game which spoonfeed the player are terrible and bring comments like yours in to existence.  I get where you're coming from, but this is PSO. that is all. 

brotha u flew right over my entire issue. non of what u said had anything to do with what im saying lol. im not complaining about the event itself. im complaining about how they handle events. im complaining of a lack of information regarding these events. im complaining about bias towards newer less geared people who want to participate but they cant cause everything is out of their reach  for really no reason. if your going to hold an event at least have it in a way where everyone can participate not just the ultimate only players. way too many events do that. im complaining that the gms should think about everyone not just a certain group all the time. if they can make a meseta room for everyone and anyone to join, then they can make an event where everyone and anyone can join. yanbraz i dont know if ur new but they already do that. in fact they are doing what u are saying right now in this event lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragtag26 said:

brotha u flew right over my entire issue. non of what u said had anything to do with what im saying lol. im not complaining about the event itself. im complaining about how they handle events. im complaining of a lack of information regarding these events. im complaining about bias towards newer less geared people who want to participate but they cant cause everything is out of their reach  for really no reason. if your going to hold an event at least have it in a way where everyone can participate not just the ultimate only players. way too many events do that. im complaining that the gms should think about everyone not just a certain group all the time. if they can make a meseta room for everyone and anyone to join, then they can make an event where everyone and anyone can join. yanbraz i dont know if ur new but they already do that. in fact they are doing what u are saying right now in this event lol. 

When i started on ultima the event got thrown, the event post would have some hints where stuffs were (very very basic) and players would sort of build a droptable as they found out stuff. Was a community effort to take the most profit of the events/ events would sort of change every time they were launched. I sort of liked that we all worked hard to get a table up. As for gms not revealing drops, that is only what the admin wishes.

I don't think is totally bad, if you guys can get united to make something happen, you will surely will make anything possible as long as you bums desire!