Do you care about finding items in PSO?

Do you care about finding items in PSO?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about finding items in PSO?

• Yes. I care about finding items.
    • No. I don't care about finding items.

This is just a simple poll to see what percentage of the community cares about finding items in PSO. Please answer honestly.

• Like 1

i do care about finding items in this game , but due to the nature of this server with the best items being event only (time and date based) i find myself buying more often then hunting and also my luck in this game below average so i usually end a hunt before i get what i want : (

• Like 2

It would actually be kind dishonest and kind hypocrite to say no ^^

Am not saying there is nothing more but to find items in this game, but that's a part you cannot ignore and you will eventually find yourself longing for it at a point.

So my question will be the following, what is the true purpose of this poll ?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Midori said:

This is just a simple poll to see what percentage of the community cares about finding items in PSO. Please answer honestly.

Of course I care about finding items.  Thats what makes PSO fun.   Once PSO2 drops get put in, this server gonna rock!

Edited by dmoney1969

2 minutes ago, Misombre said:

So my question will be the following, what is the true purpose of this poll ?

This may be hard to believe but try to follow me on this. I asked someone if solo or multiplayer would be better for finding items, and they acted like just the mere thought of a player caring about items is absurd. I couldn't manage to talk any sense into them so I thought maybe this poll would help get them to realize that this type of player does exist.

we all know some people here just buy items, plain and simple. there are players that are well geared and don't even know the basics of what this game is about , the grind. so i assume midori was just asking to see if some people will say no i don't want to find items i will buy things. at least i fail at the hunt before i go to the trade section ; /

It depends to what extend ...

Yes it's always cool to find something you were looking for but no it's not worth playing ONLY for that, setting your friends apart only because you are hunting ...

The main purpose of the game is to have fun, so if you start to only farm H24 D7, you get bored, feel bad when you don't find your stuff and say you've wasted your time hunting for days, then you had better quit this game.

I know some respectable players on Ultima who do not even care about what drops, they just play, make challenges and help their friends all the time.

Thus I can't answer to your Yes/No pool.

• Like 2

@r-78

I agree. It sounds like you are like me, in that you care about items but you also care about fun, and it sucks having to choose between the two because the item balance for solo and multiplayer is terrible. Ideally, we could have both at the same time. That's why as a community it's important that we keep pushing the GMs to improve the item balance between solo and multiplayer.

I have the same opinion of r-78. Yeah, finding items is cool, making your own set of weapons is awesome and all. But the game doesn't have only the purpose of finding items. There's much more than that: Challenge Mode, Battle Mode, talking on Lobby, etc.

I never donated a single penny to the server, because I don't have condictions to do that. Also, If I ever donate, it would be just some bucks. I'm still building a Hunter and a Force gear, so I hunt for stuff, but the game isn't only that. I like to help team mates and my friends on Ultima.

All I wish now is to find a good team for Challenge Mode. I care about items, but I'm happy with the things I already have, so I help friends to find the good drops. But yeah, as I said, PSO is much more than only hunting items.

Edited by yanvbraz

It’s funny when I make a random room to play a random quest and the first comment I get from someone is "Are you hunting something special?" It is like if for most of the people the game were only about hunting, gearing your all your chars up and then quick the game.

At this point of my "PSO Career" XD I have reached a stage in my mind that I mainly  play for fun. It’s true that sometimes, I log to hunt a certain item, or to gain exp to prepare a character for a certain event, but this is just like 5% of the time. This is why I don’t really care helping a strange to hunt down stuff when they ask for help. I just play for fun.

Anyways, due to my working schedule, I lose hh in most of the times. And when I log in, I always get a message from someone else asking for help to hunt a certain item or gain exp. How could I refuse? Anyways, I love killing stuff and don’t care helping people.

To answer your question, I don’t really care about finding items in PSO. I used to take this really serious when I was younger, but now, I just want to have fun and that’s it.

Edited by MrHucast

I had a feeling this somehow had something to do with your argument for solo vs multiplayer.

Regardless, yes, I do care about items I commit myself to finding for a period of time. Otherwise, if it's just an item we're casually hunting, then I'm not as anal over it.

This question is kind of a false dichotomy, everyone cares about items to some extent. In any hack n slash grind n loot game, the loot is important of course, but the game has to be carried by the core gameplay mechanics first and foremost. If one only cares about finding items and ignores the core gameplay mechanics, then there is no good 'game' there to play. If loot alone is expected to carry the game, then everyone just ends up playing stock market simulators like the old Diablo3 Auction House. Loot is nice and cool, and everyone does care about it, but its not so simple as a yes/no thing. It's a spectrum ranging from 'don't care at all' to 'items are nice but don't really affect my ability to get enjoyment out of the game' to 'I need to be find some benchmark of cool loot amounts to keep me interested in this old game' to 'I'm only here to have dick-measuring contests over virtual items on the internet' (and everything else in between). Everybody likes shiny things (that is human nature), but games are about having fun and how important items are to someone's ability to get enjoyment out of the game is an entirely subjective matter.

• Like 3

Whether it's buying items or hunting them, yea, I care about them. My main goal for this game is to have every class properly geared. 

2 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

This question is kind of a false dichotomy, everyone cares about items to some extent. In any hack n slash grind n loot game, the loot is important of course, but the game has to be carried by the core gameplay mechanics first and foremost. If one only cares about finding items and ignores the core gameplay mechanics, then there is no good 'game' there to play. If loot alone is expected to carry the game, then everyone just ends up playing stock market simulators like the old Diablo3 Auction House. Loot is nice and cool, and everyone does care about it, but its not so simple as a yes/no thing. It's a spectrum ranging from 'don't care at all' to 'items are nice but don't really affect my ability to get enjoyment out of the game' to 'I need to be find some benchmark of cool loot amounts to keep me interested in this old game' to 'I'm only here to have dick-measuring contests over virtual items on the internet' (and everything else in between). Everybody likes shiny things (that is human nature), but games are about having fun and how important items are to someone's ability to get enjoyment out of the game is an entirely subjective matter.

Sure. Some people care or don't care more than others. There are all types of opinions and preferences out there on everything. So that also means that some people play PSO with their main drive being items. To them, finding items is very important and it's the main reason they play. They have fun by improving and becoming good at something. This kind of player exists.

You can judge them and say they are playing the game wrong or try to convince them that they would have more fun another way, but this kind of player does exist. That's all I'm trying to say.

And even if I was the only player on the server who felt this way, I would still exist. I have the opinion that PSO is a good game, even when I just play to improve my character. This isn't a popularity contest or a majority vote. People like me exist, and you should at least be able to understand that much. There is a difference between facts and opinions.