Screenshots may be bugged (Updated launcher)

Hoi Ultima staff!

I haven't really had any issues yet with the new launcher, most of the experience has been very smooth, until today when I got on and took some screens for later usage and I found out that the images were not being read by my preview program. It's weird because my preview program is up-to-date and working just fine with all of the other screen shots in the folder, I click preview for the others and they work just fine, but these specific screens no longer want to work or upload. They can't even upload to imgur anymore, it's not like they won't preview but upload, no, they won't even upload. I took some pictures to help clear up the confusion perhaps?

I'm using a 16:9 resolution, which is a wide screen resolution but is not HD. Other pictures I have taken in the 16:9 format work fine, but certain ones today don't.

Here's a picture of a 16:9 picture from the other day working fine:

oZa8hJdl.jpg

Here's a picture of the same resolution pictures not working:

ojKRwXnl.jpg

And here's a photo of the client I use to start the game, just in case you're not quite convinced I use the right one:

u4APdGdl.jpg

Again, all of my other photos work just fine and show up nicely, I'll show you a screen to prove these few specific ones are bugged:

IR5BelXl.jpg

As you may be able to see the other pictures can be previewed just fine while those specific 2 cannot (I have more than 2 that cant be viewed, I have about 10-12 that cant be atm). I'd appreciate any help on this, thanks.

Edited by Auroboro

You said "here a picture of the same resolution not working" which is 3.00 MB but above it there is a 1600x900 that is 4.11 MB

So I assume the ones corrupted are 1366x768 which somehow corrupts screenshots.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

You said "here a picture of the same resolution not working" which is 3.00 MB but above it there is a 1600x900 that is 4.11 MB

So I assume the ones corrupted are 1366x768 which somehow corrupts screenshots.

I think Soly is right. When I activated my game at 1600x900 previously I remember my launcher being big and easy to play on, but then when I got on today I saw that 1366x768 had the "16:9" ratio which I thought was a better version of 1600x900. But, turns out, that this specfici ratio, 1366x768 turns out to be a broken ratio and thanks to Saith I now know that having it have 16:9 doesn't mean it is actually 1600x900. I think I was being dumb in one sense, but in another, it seems like that specific ratio is buggered out, which is strange. Thanks for the reply Soly and Saith, you both helped out. My screens work just fine on 1600x900.

Just to make it clear, aspect ratio doesn't mean resolution.

1280x720, 1366x768, 1600x900, 1920x1080, 2560x1440 and 3840x2160 are all 16:9 aspect ratio.

Something I just noticed, if you divide the first number by the second number you get the ratio which is 16/9 ~= 1.7777....8

But 1366/768 gives 1.77864583333.....

I guess this is the cause of why the screenshots corrupt in that resolution. I'll have to look at it.