I don't remeber Vol Opt 1 being THAT hard

I just soloed him on normal for the first time in a long time and I don't remember him being anywhere near that big of a pain before. He didn't hurt that much, and I could deal plenty of damage (when I had the chance), but the problem was his Gizonde. The near constant shock status (sometimes chained 2 or 3 times in a row with no break) seemed like a bit much. I burned through 10 monomate and 7 dimate as I helplessly got zapped over and over and over. This was on my lvl 36 RAmar using Autogun +5 and a Shot +3.

Am I missing something or is he supposed to be that unforgiving?

you may need to looks at your setup a little bit.

armor/shield, are they close to being the same level as you?

what is your ETH at? that will make a bit difference with vol opt

buying sols will help with the shock

finding a resta you can use will save you on burning through all your mates

also try finding a thunder shot, you'll be glad you did.

Don't let you being chock down by that evil machine e_e if you have a Ramar you can use Razonde with your biggest weapon equipped (the one with the most ATP) and you will bring him down to second phase very quickly.

You can also buy a cure/shock for 1 pd to Midori (I believe...) or some other random player could give it to you for free out of compassion.

Cure/shock will literally make you insensitive to the shock status. So no need of sol atomiser.

Also, if Gizonde make you suffer so much, you can use a resist/thunder or one of the kind which grant ELT resistance.

Think about razonde, don't let you be shocked, shock him to death instead !

I have plenty of extra cure/shocks I could give out as well.

You can knock down the thing on the ceiling (in normal-vhard) to prevent him from chaining his gizonde/gibarta, he will still cast it once but he will not be able to do anything else for some time after while he regenerates that thing. Those attacks come out of the red pillar that comes from the ground, and if you are quick you can often hurt the red pillar enough to not attack you.

I just soloed him on normal for the first time in a long time and I don't remember him being anywhere near that big of a pain before. He didn't hurt that much, and I could deal plenty of damage (when I had the chance), but the problem was his Gizonde. The near constant shock status (sometimes chained 2 or 3 times in a row with no break) seemed like a bit much. I burned through 10 monomate and 7 dimate as I helplessly got zapped over and over and over. This was on my lvl 36 RAmar using Autogun +5 and a Shot +3.

Am I missing something or is he supposed to be that unforgiving?

Was that a standard run or the new TTF mode seems everything in the new mode and quests zapping more than normal

It was the normal Government quest, not a TTF. At the time I was using lvl 31 armor and a lvl 25ish shield. My ELT resistance was pretty decent for normal difficulty 20 from the armor and like 15 from the shield, nothing from slots though. I wasn't having trouble killing him when I was able to shoot and I could take hits just fine, the problem was simply getting locked down repeatedly due to near-constant shocks, and being whittled down while under the effect.

I'd get one good chance to hit the red pillar, if I was too slow or missed (or my guy decided something else was more important to shoot) I would get hit with gizonde and very likely get shocked. I would then have to eat every other gizonde until the shock wore off, sometimes those hits would refresh the shock and I would be helpless for even longer. I would heal with my lvl 3 Resta when I could, but considering 90% of the damage done to me was when I was shocked and unable to cast I had to rely on my mono and dimates to heal. Out of the 5 times I took out the ceiling thing, I got shocked by his follow-up attack 3 of those times. I'd say i got shocked close to 20 times throughout the fight, it was pretty absurd. Also, my mag ate all my sol atomizers, so I didn't have any left for the fight.

It might have just been bad luck that led to so many shock statuses (seriously, my luck with that sort of thing is abysmal) but I'd love to have a cure/shock in order to prevent future aggrivation. My character's name is Jascal, and I am currently online if someone has an extra one. I normally prefer to find/get things myself, but that fight was just... *shudders*... incredibly frustrating, just having to stand there like a lump and get zapped over and over was humbling to say the least.

Edited by Silvus Sol

If you wanna got one by yourself, you need to be able to stand very hard difficulty at least and farm :

Hildeblue if your ID is Redria

Pouilly Slim if your ID is Yellowbose

If you don't have any of those ID or are too low level, just know that cure/shock is a very easy item (7/8 for those two IDs) to get, so don't feel bad asking for it. People will not even think twice for letting go such an item.