PRICE CHECK THREAD featuring how to Price Items Properly

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/forum-0/announcement-13-item-list-donations/

15 DTs = 35 % (attribut on weapon)

http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/photon_drops/

1 Photon Sphere (which is 99 Photon Drops) = 30 % (still talking about attribut)

20 Photon Drops = 5 %

Considering those, 15 DTs should be equivalent to 119 PDs.

However, we should take in consideration that :

1. PD can also have other uses such as events and Gallon's Shop
  2. PD are only obtainable in game. Playing (in a game...) should reward more than paying, even if it's only a tiny bit more.
  3. If the market was 15:119, we would only trade PD for DT if we need to add HIT. That's quite limited for a donation system and that would be a hell expansive to add hit...

I think that 15 DTs for 99 PDs is fair enough (when there isn't a special event ongoing saying that 40 PDs give 30 Hit of course).

I also believe that 15 DTs for 95~105 PDs is good too, because I believe that prices are not fixed, and that you can always bargain, haggle with a seller and make a good deal out of it.

Edited by Misombre

Yea, most of the more desirable uses of dts are things like adding hit, adding specials, spicing up trades for event items, getting items you don't stand much of a chance of otherwise (handgun:guld, 30 attack techs, etc), other services like id changes or mat resets. Basically all things other than adding attributes that you would be giving up using the dts for are much sweeter, whereas sphereing is the major use of pds (alongside the many minievents that use them, but that's secondary since those are too random, inconsistent, short, and often one-time only; pds do get some really good value in them sometimes though).

In the old PRO event we gave out 1200 pds to participants (800pds and 4 ps), and dumping that many pds on the economy had no effect on the value of pds vs dts, because the ratio of those two is not based on supply/demand. I used the dimes and dollars analogy before because I thought it would be really easy for people to grasp, even if the value of currency goes up or down relative to the goods and services they could purchase, the ratio between the currency stays the same. Even if there was a mistake and 10Billion extra dimes were minted, the value ratio of dimes : dollars is still 10 : 1.

• Like 1

Of course the PD to DT ratio is based on supply and demand. The dimes and dollars analogy doesn't work because unlike dimes and dollars, PDs and DTs are used for different things.

If suddenly many players donated and they all wanted to trade their DTs for PDs around the same time, there may not be enough people willing to trade their PDs for them all, so the donators might be forced to adjust their rate from 1:6 to 1:5. That's supply and demand in action.

And it works the other way too. If many players wanted to trade their PDs for DTs but not many players were donating around that time, there wouldn't be enough DTs for them so they would have to adjust their rate accordingly.

• Like 1

Of course the PD to DT ratio is based on supply and demand. The dimes and dollars analogy doesn't work because unlike dimes and dollars, PDs and DTs are used for different things.

If suddenly many players donated and they all wanted to trade their DTs for PDs around the same time, there may not be enough people willing to trade their PDs for them all, so the donators might be forced to adjust their rate from 1:6 to 1:5. That's supply and demand in action.

And it works the other way too. If many players wanted to trade their PDs for DTs but not many players were donating around that time, there wouldn't be enough DTs for them so they would have to adjust their rate accordingly.

That is just circular logic.

You seem to have missed the point. PDs and DTs are the units of measure from which value is derived. It doesn't matter how many there are around in relation to each other; just like dimes and dollars, the ratio between them stays the same.

Let me try another analogy. It's like a candy manufacturer notices their King Size bars (350Calories) sell more than their regular size bars (250Calories), so they increase production and put many more King Size bars on the market. However, while the supply of King Size bars has gone up and regular size bars has not, the ratio of the calories (how much 'value' is in each bar) has not changed at all. The consumer still gets the same use out of the bars (getting to eat 250 or 350 calories worth of candy) as they did before. And then around a holiday the company temporarily changes their regular size candy to a special holiday shape, increases the size (and calories), and adds a big shiny '20% More Free' label on it (i.e. just like a temporary minievent that adds a noteworthy extra use for pds).

• Like 1

Saith, you have no idea what you are talking about and your analogies don't work. I explained why you are wrong in my previous post so I won't repeat myself. You are very good at PSO and overall very knowledgeable, but it seems you are also close minded. Even you can be wrong at times. Please watch some Youtube videos on open minded vs close minded and do your best to understand them. Thanks.

• Like 2

Supply and demand dictate all economic fluxuations. Nothing else. Value of all currencies inflate and deflate based entirely on the current need/want of said currency. Midori is entirely correct.

Edited by ZenReborn
  • Like 2

So uhh... we all agree

T> 99pds for 20 dts

PM or reply

nope.. we dont agree man. :S PDs are used only for a few scenarios that DTs cant be used.. So it is not like everyone trading DTs for PDs at the same time, and the entire server totally running out of pds. Tendency says, that there are only like 1 (2 players at its peak) doing this kind of trades in a weekly basis.

This is like the mastercard's advertising campaign.. "There are some things PDs can't buy. For everything else, there are DTs."

Anyways, this is just my humble opinion.. I barely use pds since I barely buy stuff from Gallons

Edited by MrHucast

Honestly, why are DTs even tradable to other players? There shouldn't be a way to trade reward currency for donating to anyone.

I agree. Since dts are tradeable you can pretty much buy any item in the game with any stats you want. If you're willing to pay that much. Dts shouldn't be infinitely powerful like that.

I think it would be better if they weren't tradable, and the donation list was adjusted so the prices made since and maybe they could add a few more things on there for people who are too lazy to hunt for certain things. Then let us add hit with pds. But I doubt that'll happen. It doesn't make much of a difference to me.

This game is pay to win like most modern games but at least it's possible to do everything without spending any money. So while there is definitely room for improvement as far as the business model is concerned, it could be much worse. One of my biggest complaints about PSO2 was the fact that many things required you to spend money.

If spending real money was required for certain things here, I would quit this game too. The only exception would be if there was a cheap monthly fee that was required to play the game, but gave you access to everything. Then the game would be truly fair for everyone. Having a monthly fee also helps considerably for filtering out the worst kind of players. Unfortunately, when it comes to a private server for a game owned by Sega, you can't be too direct with charging money for it or else it would increase the chance of Sega shutting it down.

• Like 1

This game is pay to win like most modern games but at least it's possible to do everything without spending any money. So while there is definitely room for improvement as far as the business model is concerned, it could be much worse. One of my biggest complaints about PSO2 was the fact that many things required you to spend money.

If spending real money was required for certain things here, I would quit this game too. The only exception would be if there was a cheap monthly fee that was required to play the game, but gave you access to everything. Then the game would be truly fair for everyone. Having a monthly fee also helps considerably for filtering out the worst kind of players. Unfortunately, when it comes to a private server for a game owned by Sega, you can't be too direct with charging money for it or else it would increase the chance of Sega shutting it down.

I don't think a monthly charge would be good for this server because there's a lot of people who occasionally become inactive for a month or so. I've done that before, then I wouldn't feel like I'm getting anything for the monthly service. I would cancel and then I wouldn't have the incentive to start paying again. What got me back into the game was trying it out again after a month. I didn't know if I was gonna enjoy it after a month break or not, but I did. In addition, there are people who have been on this server for 3+ years who just log in occasionally and they surely wouldn't continue paying for 3 years straight. In additon, there are other servers who don't charge nor give donation incentives. I do see what you're saying though.

Having a monthly fee also helps considerably for filtering out the worst kind of players.

I know what you were trying to say... but this is wrong. Having money and being willing to spend it on a game doesn't make you a good person (or, to say it differently, paying doesn't exclude you from the "worst kind of players").

Even not a tiny bit.

It does filter kiddos from adults though, if that's what you were trying to say. But even so, kiddos sometime can pay thanks to the parents credit card (would be a different story if it was a X game lol, but obviously it's not so...).

Now what's a kid ? Does having a credit card make you adult ? I mean... in France you can have your own credit card at 18, well am sorry but most 18+ are still kids. There is barely a change in their mind between 17 and 18... and 19... and 20...

Maturity is pretty random anyway. I've seen 10 year old making more sense than 50 + sometime e_e

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1