PRICE CHECK THREAD featuring how to Price Items Properly

I once sold someone a blank Vjaya for 3 pds. Does that make me a bad person? :v

It is half your fault for selling it that high, and half the fault of the person buying it for not looking around first. You don't buy something at store A for 50$ when you can buy it at store B for 40$ do you?

Both parties have to take part and do their research before buying and selling.

It is half your fault for selling it that high, and half the fault of the person buying it for not looking around first. You don't buy something at store A for 50$ when you can buy it at store B for 40$ do you?

Both parties have to take part and do their research before buying and selling.

:( Forgive me Father for I have sinned :c I am ready to accept my penance

• Like 2

So what you're saying is YOU determine the price of a PD not the market and the demand? Give me a break. People pay what people want to. As for items that's a different story.

I don't care if an item is common or impossible to find. If it's useful and I want it, i'll pay what I like.

Why do you spend so much effort trying to police everyone and force the market to your prices? If people ask too much, someone won't buy, if people still buy, that IS the price. Get over it.

P.S. I forgot, if this is for the "new" people. Well then this is something that needs to be discussed with Larva. Drop rates or something need to be altered. We need to solve the problem, not the symptoms.

From the perspective of someone who just got to this server a month ago. With your logic/way of thinking, this game is now pay to win. Since when has PSO been pay to win?

Great because I'm new to the server I will have to spend a year farming just to have enough PD (through selling items i have farmed and fining them in the wild) to obtain items that would normally be not to far out of my reach.

Is that the kind of system you want? Do you want to scare away new members t the server or fill it with paytowin players who don't even know how to play the game?

I have seen that occur with private servers and it is not pretty.

Just my opinion.

• Like 3

The exchange rate of pds to dts has been 15 pds to 99 dts

15 pds to 99 dts wow jesus saith i didnt know the economy was that broken

• Like 1

15 pds to 99 dts wow jesus saith i didnt know the economy was that broken

You beat me to the punch on this... Staying on topic, though... I think that the first post is actually useful for explaining how pricing of certain things work... I've seen a lot of complaints about over- or under-pricing of items being sold. I've been trying to hunt items more for myself than I have before, but I have fallen into the laziness trap that Starlord mentioned... But at the same time, I do make an effort to buy and sell at a fair rate because I think that it's important to be fair in everything you do.

Yea and when the prices of things are consistently being set at higher than their actual value, then you get a market bubble. When people try to oversell things by multiple times the value constantly, it's only setting everyone up to fail. There's a lot more to economics than a basic supply/demand curve you learn about in micro/macro econ 101. Overselling things may give one a tiny short-term benefit of having squeezed some victim dry, but it's stagnating the economy and setting up for a crash that devalues everything on top of that. I don't want to see everything devolve to the prices some other servers have had (about 10x as many pds for everything).

I guess my response to this is "so what?" If everyone suddenly decides that things cost 10x as much, people stop buying and god forbid we have to play the game to find stuff.

From the perspective of someone who just got to this server a month ago. With your logic/way of thinking, this game is now pay to win. Since when has PSO been pay to win?

Great because I'm new to the server I will have to spend a year farming just to have enough PD (through selling items i have farmed and fining them in the wild) to obtain items that would normally be not to far out of my reach.

Is that the kind of system you want? Do you want to scare away new members t the server or fill it with paytowin players who don't even know how to play the game?

I have seen that occur with private servers and it is not pretty.

Just my opinion.

That's a risk that any server makes when they decide to implement rewards for donations. It could happen anyway even if people don't raise the prices of things. I fail to see how this has any bearing. Even so, the value of the donation ticket has gone down (use to be 1dts : 6.6 pd, now is as low as 1:5), so this would have the opposite effect as the one you are mentioning.

@Fyrewolf

In regard to your analogy with the dime and dollar and donation tickets and photon drops, I don't see how this actually applies. They are two totally separate entities. Especially when you consider that they both get different things. If the server actually wanted this to be so, you would be able to get things on the donation list with photon drops. Just as you can buy a candy bar with dimes. However this is not the case, so your analogy doesn't hold up. Because they both give different benefits (photon spheres give % attribute other than hit, donation tickets can give any % attribute as well as a whole slew of items) it would be obvious that to trade in your photon drops for donation tickets is the better way to store your value. This is because it is more use-able. Keeping this in mind, you also have to consider how the number of USD to DTS transactions there are, and how many new DTS are being added to the market. This is much like international currencies, which have variable exchange rates. I believe that we are seeing that now, as the number of incoming DTS are not regulated like the number of PD are.

In regard to your comment about economics being larger than micro\macro i whole heartedly agree.

• Like 2

The price of donation tickets has gone down based on what? Can someone please tell me a valid reason of why 1 DT is now 5 pds and not 6.6 pds as it used to be 1 or 2 months ago? As far as I know, in some cases, DTs are way better than pds at its use, but in some others PDs are.

Edited by MrHucast

The price of donation tickets has gone down based on what? Can someone please tell me a valid reason of why 1 DT is now 5 pds and not 6.6 pds as it used to be 1 or 2 months ago? As far as I know, in some cases, DTs are way better than pds at its use, but in some others PDs are.

There are alot more dts in circulation. There's around the same amount of pds in circulation. People like using pds to buy items that are worth less than 1 dt. That's the main reason. Lemon is the only one making sense on this thread >.>

I have to remind all. that the donation system is the "easy way" and since it's a donation system, shouldn't be abused, it's like "i've been playing so long here, let me give a hand to the server, not let me gear up from head to toes with all the money i can", the game is about hunting (you're on the hunters guild for something).

The pd/dt rate seems fine 99:15, since in several events you can get great things with them, like specials or hit at a very low price, pds also are easier to trade, i can never see myself with more than 20, i always pick up something random to buy, i find it harder to buy the small things i like with dts. (v101, limiter, pwands,red rings etc)

PSO always has been a grindy game, takes time to get something done, go ahead and pick up the gc/dc version in an emulator and get to lv 200 that quick with the best gear you can find, you'll be probably rocking a 20 hit laser and some cheap rare at the end of your journey and prob not lv 200. Ultima surely allows things to be rushed a bit, we are all too old for this game by now and grinded enough in the past versions, still the nature of it, hunting, teaming up with others to get what you want, helping each other gear up should play here.

If you wanted some online play before you would have to get a hunters license, pretty much pay to play the game online...

I understand we all want to be using diamond armors and swords by the end of a month playing(wrong game), but that would kill it wouldn't it? If i had it all i wouldn't have a reason to play anymore, just to show off and then what.. i would get tired without an objective.

Hope the discussion on this thread can proceed in a polite way ya bums!

Edited by cyane
  • Like 5

is this just rage or actual usefull information

its suppose to be useful information to go off from I was not trying to create World War Ultima with this post.

If people didn't like what I said just look at what Cy said and go off of that

• Like 2

There are alot more dts in circulation. There's around the same amount of pds in circulation. People like using pds to buy items that are worth less than 1 dt. That's the main reason. Lemon is the only one making sense on this thread >.>

uhh..... what? There aren't any "more" dts now than there used to be. We've always had big spenders show up on the server. Before Wobble we had Ganon, and before Ganon we had Armando and Wilson, and many other lesser known big spenders. Even then, supply/demand is NOT what affects the exchange rate between dts and pds. It's what pds and dts CAN DO relative to each other that sets that rate. There could be 0 pds or 0 dts in the economy and it wouldn't change the rate, because it doesn't change what the pds / dts can do. There will always be some newbie with money to burn that will come dump a lot on donation tickets, and there will always be pds dropping from anything monster/box at a set rate for everyone, unless something drastically alters what dts or pds can do, then the relative value between them (not between each of them and other items, just between those two), is 15dt to 99 pd.

• Like 3

uhh..... what? There aren't any "more" dts now than there used to be. We've always had big spenders show up on the server. Before Wobble we had Ganon, and before Ganon we had Armando and Wilson, and many other lesser known big spenders. Even then, supply/demand is NOT what affects the exchange rate between dts and pds. It's what pds and dts CAN DO relative to each other that sets that rate. There could be 0 pds or 0 dts in the economy and it wouldn't change the rate, because it doesn't change what the pds / dts can do. There will always be some newbie with money to burn that will come dump a lot on donation tickets, and there will always be pds dropping from anything monster/box at a set rate for everyone, unless something drastically alters what dts or pds can do, then the relative value between them (not between each of them and other items, just between those two), is 15dt to 99 pd.

Can I ask where that number is coming from?