PRICE CHECK THREAD featuring how to Price Items Properly

One thing that needs to stop is the random variants of prices on items particularly weapons. I know some of us be joking around and what not about the prices but we can't allow those jokes to ruin the value of all weapons. After I'm done putting my two cents into this feel free to add to the thread.

First lets break down the unit price of a DT to a PD

simply divide 99PDS into 15DTS your result.... 6.6 well hmmm how does that figure :onion113:

1 DT = 6.6PDS :onion109:

you shouldn't be going around charging 20DTS for 99pds nor should you go around breaking the "ULTIMA Market" doing 15DTS for 60pds. it just creates confusion and reduces the market stability. SO...

Were gonna go off the basic 15DTS. here is a basic no stat weapon 0/0/0/0

15DTS will give it 35% on one attribute so do the math 45DTS will give you 100/5/0/0 so put another 45DTS into it and you will have 100/100/10/0 right so leme just stop right there. The item is already worth 90dts right?

So lets start with a basic no HIT weapon 0/0/0/0/0 put in mind that not all weapons are as effective as others and do not have the same status. Some are of course easier to farm than others making their value drop enough to not be in the same league. So if you find a 40 hit Frozen Shooter it would not be worth 20DTS because it isn't a hard farm. Now if you just so happen to find a Rianov-5 with 40 hit its already worth those 40 DTS

Okay so now it takes 15DTS to add 20% on weapon HIT. so lets use the whole 60DTS that it takes to make a weapon go from no HIT to 80 HIT. 0/0/0/0/80. This weapon is officially on the league of 60 DTS. Once again a Frozen Shooter with 80 HIT would not be worth 60DTS it would likely be around 20-25DTS n some change (pds) depending on stats that it has with it.

So let's go to something like a Master Raven or a Last Swan which has no stats and will always be blank to start because you can only get them from a black paper deal quest that will give them with no stats at all. now master ravens and last swans are very useful to hunters because you all know hunters do not have much luck with ranged weapons right. So a MAX stat Master Raven or a Last Swan would be around 135-145DTS so there is no way that a Psycho Raven with MAX stats should be worth any lower than that amount already on top of the fact that it takes a Psycho Black Crystal which is worth like 70pds outside the event to make it and to even make it you have to grind your MASTER RAVEN to 9 and then use the crystal and after that you have to have done the labor of obtaining the MASTER RAVEN in the black paper deal. then you have to grind the PSYCHO RAVEN up to 80 so it can be considered MAXED. So it can't be worth under 150DTS . So a Dual Bird which is MAXED shouldn't be any lower than 150DTS because the items needed to make it will never come with stats unless you donated for it to have stats. And we all no the effectiveness those few weapons that I just compared.

Let's take apart an EXCALIBUR and the HUNDRED SOULS

LAMES definitely do not drop like candy as to that of pow mats and you know, the frozen shooters but it is still possible to find it with hit it just takes a little luck n some dedicated happy hours. so like 20 hit on a Lame doesn't necessary make it worth 15DTS as it is very obtainable. YOU CAN HUNT A DECENT LAME it is "hunteable" year round. with that said so you find a lame with some hit on it. the labor of unsealing it to make it an excal is about5-10pds. Lames are normally around 12-15pds because of the hunt. So add the labor of unsealing it and you find yourself with an excal at around 22-25pds. it has lets say 20 hit. this excal can go for around 40pds because the hit is naturally obtainable. a 20 HITTER and some stats let's say around 0/35/25/0/20 can shoot the prices up to about 10-15 more pds making it around 50ishpds. now to make this thing a HUNDRED SOULS you would need the SOUL BOOSTER which outside the event is worth about 30-40pds it is definitely an easy hunt during events but of course it doesnt drop like candy and it is an event only item so it gets that value. It is definitely not worth more than 7DTS so careful on overpricing things like that. So you get the HUNDRED SOULS now with the stats of 0/35/35/0/20 so its around 90pds right? it hasn't even touched 15 DTS yet. now you make it 80 HIT which is about 45DTS from that 20 HITTER. 30DTS to bring it up to 0/100/40/0/80 n then about two photon spheres so 30DTS again.

HUNDRED SOULS MAXED sits at around 105-115DTS. it should not be any higher than that because it simply should not be. If you took a HUNDRED SOULS from all 0's and you brought it to MAX using your DTS which would be around 140-150DTS that's your own problem. Other players should not have to pay the same amount you paid to MAX it just saying. So don't create over priced situation just because you paid for more on something. A really good LAME is obtainable n it most likely would not take you that many DTS to even get it to MAX if you hunted a good stat lame.

• Like 5

there will always be overpayers like 700 dt for dw and others will follow there price after it sadly

I agree with this, but I think his guide more so applies to the items that aren't 'Name your price and somebody will still buy it regardless.' His example with FS and what not was pretty spot on, but could be updated for DW and what not.

there will always be overpayers like 700 dt for dw and others will follow there price after it sadly

I agree with this, but I think his guide more so applies to the items that aren't 'Name your price and somebody will still buy it regardless.' His example with FS and what not was pretty spot on, but could be updated for DW and what not.

when people dw but mean it as dark weps and not the REAL dw hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

So what you're saying is YOU determine the price of a PD not the market and the demand? Give me a break. People pay what people want to. As for items that's a different story.

I don't care if an item is common or impossible to find. If it's useful and I want it, i'll pay what I like.

Why do you spend so much effort trying to police everyone and force the market to your prices? If people ask too much, someone won't buy, if people still buy, that IS the price. Get over it.

P.S. I forgot, if this is for the "new" people. Well then this is something that needs to be discussed with Larva. Drop rates or something need to be altered. We need to solve the problem, not the symptoms.

First lets break down the unit price of a DT to a PD

simply divide 99PDS into 15DTS your result.... 6.6 well hmmm how does that figure :onion113:

1 DT = 6.6PDS :onion109:

you shouldn't be going around charging 20DTS for 99pds nor should you go around breaking the "ULTIMA Market" doing 15DTS for 60pds. it just creates confusion and reduces the market stability. SO...

Were gonna go off the basic 15DTS. here is a basic no stat weapon 0/0/0/0

Edited by NicholasW
  • Like 1

So what you're saying is YOU determine the price of a PD not the market and the demand? Give me a break. People pay what people want to. As for items that's a different story.

I don't care if an item is common or impossible to find. If it's useful and I want it, i'll pay what I like.

Why do you spend so much effort trying to police everyone and force the market to your prices? If people ask too much, someone won't buy, if people still buy, that IS the price. Get over it.

That is not what i was saying at all, in fact none of that came out of my mouth or my fingers from typing. It is not I who determines the value of items if you want to follow the market prices and make the game fair to all there has to be boundaries. Dark Weapons or "DW" have little to no boundaries "STA" does not either those are what you would say whatever goes, goes. But as far as smaller items we as the ultima community aren't to be randomly breaking prices and causing confusion amongst each other all the time. this is why someone can price something like a Psycho Raven at say 25DTS which is like basically saying a Psycho Raven has an equivalent value to that of a Rico's Parasol which is absurd. Especially considering how good a something like a Psycho Raven is and how much goes into making a really good one. No one is policing around anything and if an item is uncommon of course its value would be more than something that drops like candy. you just don't ignore base values of items before you price them which is what people seem to do and create more confusion. Your idea on this matter is not what i was aiming for. If something is useful and you want you buy it yes but the seller has to have a bases to the price of the item they sell so that they don't off the rip over price you, a common goer. how would you know what your paying for going in at it blind because some player tells you oh this is the price of MG+ at say 70 pds when really someone who understand its value makes sense of it at 35pds? wouldn't you rather the chance of spending those other 35pds on other items to your wanting rather than not knowing what you just used all your 70pds on just because you want it. if that is your offer on the item and it had no set price to begin with then that makes sense for you to spend as you please. its better to understand what your paying for as usual you don't just go to a common flee market and not ask how much for an object you've never seen before

how would you know what your paying for going in at it blind because some player tells you oh this is the price of MG+ at say 70 pds when really someone who understand its value makes sense of it at 35pds?

What is this suppose to mean? If the man is willing to pay 70 pds for an item WITHOUT shopping around, then obviously it is worth 70 pds to them. I don't see how the seller is 'ripping' anyone off. Yes you might consider the price outrageous, but why does your opinion, that of a 3rd party, play any role in the exchange between these two players?

Go look at how economies work before you start complaining. Here's a useful video : https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/microeconomics/supply-demand-equilibrium/market-equilibrium-tutorial/v/market-equilibrium

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

wow and this is one of the reasons why i don't try an help people out anymore first of all i am not complaining about anything for one i am trying to help you all out by helping you understand that if we were to maybe successfully create a price check system to have a base foundation for how much things are worth then at least quote on quote "new" players or just us in general will have something to look at before making a irrational offer. sellers wont have the opportunity to be upset about not getting the most out of their items if there is already a set price on the behalf anyways . n i am not saying that if someone feels like paying more for something than they can just pay for it right then and there thats basically like an 'offer'. what i'm saying is to mainly protect players from overpaying i could give a rats behind about the details of an economy. i just want us to have a good place to look at on stuff. tsk i might even be the one to make a item price chart with the help of gms, saith, etc, input from players like you got it all wrong on what i mean by any of this.

There is only an infinite supply in theory. At any given moment there is a set number of existing photon drops.

• Like 1

All price check threads are pointless.

Why do people even try? If some can't afford an item don't whine about it just wait till that item is available and hunt it yourself. The accessibility of dts are making people lazy as shit. This game used to be about countless hours of fun looking for a crappy weapon (god like in GameCube) like a dragon slayer. Now people don't want to hunt, yet they love to bitch about prices. I promise you if all people that complaint about prices spent as much time hunting as they do crying over prices they would be fully geared in all three classes.

Hope everyone had a happy cinco de mayo.

Lol once again you guys that are saying that this is me complaining n this is pointless your not looking at the fact that this is not for a player like me . I have been around on the server for longer than you all and I've seen it all on top of the fact I have about every weapon in the game lol so me making this to complain about prices is not for me n for one I am not complaining I am stating the obvious for those of you who do not see it as that . that's fine obviously the topic is not for you. There are those who actually like the fact that I actually said something on the matter.

@Trefleex

Well, there's been people with money to burn for years on this server, but it's only been the past few months that everyone has gotten crazy with prices trying to crash the economy.

P.S. I forgot, if this is for the "new" people. Well then this is something that needs to be discussed with Larva. Drop rates or something need to be altered. We need to solve the problem, not the symptoms.

The value of the PD in relation to the DT is not determined by things like supply/demand. Relative values of items deal with how things compare to each other. The exchange rate of pds to dts has been 15dts to 99 pds because what each one is capable of doing relative to the other, the same way 10 dimes equals 1 dollar bill. PDs drop at a set rate, and are usable to do something everyone wants to do (sphereing gear), so it makes a perfect thing to use as a unit of measurement to gauge relative values of items, but the pd's value doesn't just randomly change. The only thing that can change the value ratio between pds to dts is extremely rare special minievents that give a new use pds at a better rate compared to how dts would fare with said use, and even then it's an extremely temporary thing that only lasts until the minievent is over (the minievents that do make any drastic changes are far to infrequent, often one-time only, and also too short to be a reliable thing to wait on).

What is this suppose to mean? If the man is willing to pay 70 pds for an item WITHOUT shopping around, then obviously it is worth 70 pds to them. I don't see how the seller is 'ripping' anyone off. Yes you might consider the price outrageous, but why does your opinion, that of a 3rd party, play any role in the exchange between these two players?

Go look at how economies work before you start complaining. Here's a useful video : https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/microeconomics/supply-demand-equilibrium/market-equilibrium-tutorial/v/market-equilibrium

Yea and when the prices of things are consistently being set at higher than their actual value, then you get a market bubble. When people try to oversell things by multiple times the value constantly, it's only setting everyone up to fail. There's a lot more to economics than a basic supply/demand curve you learn about in micro/macro econ 101. Overselling things may give one a tiny short-term benefit of having squeezed some victim dry, but it's stagnating the economy and setting up for a crash that devalues everything on top of that. I don't want to see everything devolve to the prices some other servers have had (about 10x as many pds for everything).

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1