New Server - Test

Soly

Probably some of you have noticed I have been online even less time these past days, and that has a reason.

I have been rewriting the server code to make it cleaner and easier to work with.

This of course means nothing if we don't make use of it, so, we'll be testing a new login server, but this requires to restart the ship, you all know what this means.

This time I'm making a topic because is a lot of code that I re-wrote and although I haven't had any issues with the tests I have done, you never know what you can find.

So that's it, hopefully we won't have any issues.

I'll announce later on when this test will take place.

• Like 6

Thanks for the heads up Soly. Any word on the pso2 drop system be implemented in the near future? :D

The next project I have besides trying to fix the texture issues that happen sometimes, is rewrite the ship server.

I'll try to get it worked up with Larva before I rewrite the ship (because the ship will take way more time).

Maybe could put it up with the login test, who knows.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 2

Will this help/allow you to help the stability issues that the server has(i.e. people crashing while entering rooms/as soon as they join rooms, bank crashes, etc.)?

Will this help/allow you to help the stability issues that the server has(i.e. people crashing while entering rooms/as soon as they join rooms, bank crashes, etc.)?

No, that's part of the ship code.

• Like 1

But I don't know what this means. Should I take pictures of my items? Should I just stay away from PSO until the ship is back up again?

• Like 1

Hanya it's all good, of course backups are always a good thing to do (pics of your items) but supposedly your items will be safe

Sent from my time machine using Tapatalk

I'm confident the new code will be stable enough and wont cause inventory lost. Probably we will run in to some minor bugs. But thats why we need to launch it, to know what's wrong.

Thanks soly for all the hard work you been doing !!! Big kudos.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ohh thank goodness! But better safe than sorry, yeah.

Indeed... that's why we have backups of all the player's data.

We won't perform this test until I'm satisfied with the code I have written, also we need the most players possible for this test...

I want to put this login under heavy load and see how it performs in such a case.

• Like 1

Heavy load? Say pgf drops (even if it doesnt) and you'll have lots of load ^,.,^

• Like 2