force a stronger class

Force must be a stronger class to worth straight vs rangers and hunters, cause it's unfair to play as nurse or only ep4 (sometimes not so easy).

For this reason I decided to create this topic where you can say your opinion about the mental strength of this class.

I'll give you some examples below:

1.This could be a unit "ultima magic potion" wich will combined with hylian to give a stronger shield, to be named for example "hylian kingdom shield" which overboost to + 50% to all simple normal hard tech also +100% in rabarta and 150% to gibarta tech.

2.Could be a new weapon that will pierce and boost megid +40%

3.a unit combine to Siren Glass Hammer that boost the power of gibarta to 150% also pierce and boost megid +30%

This weapon could be change color to deep blue of purple and be renamed for example to "Ice glass Hammer"

4.boost x3 the heal power to Marina's bag

You can give your opinion on this issue so the server can have a point of view and be given a new interest in this game

Ps: Some tests from ultima developers to the new items (units,shields,armors or weapons) considerinγ force mental strength

will produce the desired effect.

Edited by cyane
  • Like 3

What I like the most here, is something to boost the actual megid success rate. It is funny to see a force using a hell weapon, because in reality it is much more effective, as well as faster.

I've also mentioned before as to why we don't have a cent/battle type unit for casting. I hear that is doesn't work though unfortunately.

Does matching tech animations to the boosted tech for increased speed ever get taken into consideration?

• Like 2

What would be desired would be to increase the max material cap on fonewm/fonwearl so they can max their stats like all classes without the use of 2 mags.

Techs, i feel like rabarta needs that kind of loving.

Also gi-techs need some love, glide v00 brought some attention to the power of si-techs would like to see what we can do with gi-techs too.

edit

Forces won't do much on ep2 with techs because of the high resists, so treating them with that mat boost will allow them to use good gear for there.

merged topics also

Edited by cyane
  • Like 7

I absolutely agree with everything Cyane said. I think she's expressing the biggest concerns as far as changes go.

Other than that, I think some resistances could be adjusted slightly.

And I'd love an armor or unit that helps with combat forces (like godrics cloak).

The main thing by far is increasing the material limit for newm/wearl. The struggle is real with 150 mats :"L

• Like 2

I agree both of you also forgot to mentioned about forces speed, an idea is a new item let's name it V802 that can boosts force spells speed respectively to cent battle and I thought this will make the first big step for a stronger class.

Sometimes I think about what it would take to make gibarta worth using. It'd take a HUGE (over 3x what it is now) damage increase or a guaranteed freeze effect or something severe.

Yes but as it has been said before, v802 is actually not possible to be made.

However, I heard that Soly was rewriting the server code, so it is very likely after that that such a thing as v802 will be possible.

I also feel that Gi tech could have some love. Gibarta by example could be boost by 250-300 % (via a certain item ofc) to make it worth it. Gifoie and Gizonde are much more useful so a smallest boost is alright on them, but still I feel like it is needed.

What could be "good" if not very good... would be that zalure also reduces magical resistance along with defense. So that Force could have a use on it when soloing. Not something crazy, but even a - 15~20 % would be nice (with limitation such as : it cannot goes below 25 % by example). But once again, I doubt this is doable as the server code is right now, so this would have to wait anyway (not even to mention that it will probably never see the light of the day).

I'd say that megid should not get stronger, but instead apply a devil/demon effect when not killing (lv 1 megid would cut 10 % HP and lv 30 megid would cut 50 % by example, dunno). This way you will always have a use for megid. I guess that to be balanced it should be countered by ESP or something so that it doesn't become OP.

Just a few floating ideas in my silly brain.

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 2

Gibarta is much more useful on PSO2 since it hits more than once for each enemy in range . . . would like to see some increase in hits for this icy shotgun blast.

Just thinking bout this weren't monsters resistances raised on this server? I'm an old school player but can't remember what effect original techs had on vanilla monsters also why did sega make so many weapons with tech specials like burning and such if they wouldn't work on the enemies? I'm sure they might have done some damage back in the day but they seem redundant here , I'm sure some one will correct me if the stats for resistances are the same as vanilla but so many cool weapons with no use specials and to tie in with thread forces needing server custom items to do any good damage maybe resistances could be lowered slightly ?

• Like 1

Yeah resistances are higher on this server on ultimate for many enemies. I want to add when a gi boosting wep gets released it would make sense for it to have a fast casting animation for male FOs since they already get gi boosts. Bare handed is quick (so it could be a knuckle type wep). I'll try to collect frame data to see which other ones are fast.

Just thinking bout this weren't monsters resistances raised on this server? I'm an old school player but can't remember what effect original techs had on vanilla monsters also why did sega make so many weapons with tech specials like burning and such if they wouldn't work on the enemies? I'm sure they might have done some damage back in the day but they seem redundant here , I'm sure some one will correct me if the stats for resistances are the same as vanilla but so many cool weapons with no use specials and to tie in with thread forces needing server custom items to do any good damage maybe resistances could be lowered slightly ?

Yeah those elemental specials are mostly useless. The only one I really use is burning and that's only if i'm fighting Dark Falz when it goes impervious to physical damage and i'm not on a proficient tech user. Tempest . . . lol. Besides its crappy damage even on enemies weak to elec , the chance to shock mechs is still not that high. Same for the zonde techs even.

Some things to note here:
-Weapons/Shields/Armors can only have a maximum of 3 tech boosts.
-Gibarta will never ever be good no matter how much you boost it. The slow cast time, super long recovery, the range, and how it hits enemy are really bad and I don't think these are things that are possible to change. It sucks by design, not the damage numbers.

-Additionally, Gizonde and Gifoie can't be boosted too much, as their inherent design is incredibly strong and would be very broken if they were buffed a lot.

-While it's possible to do the kinds of boosts that already exist in the server, changing the way things function is very very difficult. It may not be possible to make new functions, such as weapons that boost the innate techpower of resta or megid, or things like v802. Even combining existing effects is sometimes not possible (e.g. the proposed v503, which is v502+smartlink, was cancelled because it's not possible).

-I don't think the resists were changed nearly as much as just all of the monsters' hp are higher, making it take longer to kill them. Some resist changes would be nice (like certain bosses), but many enemies are resistant to techs by design. Things like Pouifully Slimes and Gi Gues will completely ignore all tech boosts, and enemies like ep 2 Sinows, chaos bringers, etc., are not very weak to any tech in all versions of pso.

-Magic being too strong can be a very real problem. If the force's rafoie will just kill everything in the room in 3-4 hits before anyone else can even run up to it, then that's not very fun for everyone else now. Magic is just one tool that can be useful sometimes, but if it is too strong, then with the extreme targeting range, aoe spread, inability to miss, ability to stunlock enemies, etc. it just becomes the dominant strategy that everyone devolves to using.

I'm very hesitant on making too much overpowered gear for forces also, because forces are so highly gear dependent right now. I think *some* resist tweaks will help lower level undergeared forces some and lessen the gap between them and maxed out forces. I wouldn't do tweaks like this for all enemies, and it wouldn't be to make everything easy to kill with magic, especially things that are resistant to magic naturally, it would be mostly for bosses, and maybe a little bit in seabed/mines/ruins.

Edit: What I'd really like to see is a buff to Ignition Cloak / Congeal Cloak / Tempest Cloak so that they are actually decent. Right now they are 10% to their respective element techs only, which is just not worth using, 30% boost would be something kinda cool.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2

we could also show the hunters some love cause lets be honest, force and ranger are already pretty useful. the average HU is rocking a demo comet and stuck on the floor the whole time

• Like 1

Some things to note here:

-Weapons/Shields/Armors can only have a maximum of 3 tech boosts.

-Gibarta will never ever be good no matter how much you boost it. The slow cast time, super long recovery, the range, and how it hits enemy are really bad and I don't think these are things that are possible to change. It sucks by design, not the damage numbers.

-Additionally, Gizonde and Gifoie can't be boosted too much, as their inherent design is incredibly strong and would be very broken if they were buffed a lot.

-While it's possible to do the kinds of boosts that already exist in the server, changing the way things function is very very difficult. It may not be possible to make new functions, such as weapons that boost the innate techpower of resta or megid, or things like v802. Even combining existing effects is sometimes not possible (e.g. the proposed v503, which is v502+smartlink, was cancelled because it's not possible).

-I don't think the resists were changed nearly as much as just all of the monsters' hp are higher, making it take longer to kill them. Some resist changes would be nice (like certain bosses), but many enemies are resistant to techs by design. Things like Pouifully Slimes and Gi Gues will completely ignore all tech boosts, and enemies like ep 2 Sinows, chaos bringers, etc., are not very weak to any tech in all versions of pso.

-Magic being too strong can be a very real problem. If the force's rafoie will just kill everything in the room in 3-4 hits before anyone else can even run up to it, then that's not very fun for everyone else now. Magic is just one tool that can be useful sometimes, but if it is too strong, then with the extreme targeting range, aoe spread, inability to miss, ability to stunlock enemies, etc. it just becomes the dominant strategy that everyone devolves to using.

I'm very hesitant on making too much overpowered gear for forces also, because forces are so highly gear dependent right now. I think *some* resist tweaks will help lower level undergeared forces some and lessen the gap between them and maxed out forces. I wouldn't do tweaks like this for all enemies, and it wouldn't be to make everything easy to kill with magic, especially things that are resistant to magic naturally, it would be mostly for bosses, and maybe a little bit in seabed/mines/ruins.

Edit: What I'd really like to see is a buff to Ignition Cloak / Congeal Cloak / Tempest Cloak so that they are actually decent. Right now they are 10% to their respective element techs only, which is just not worth using, 30% boost would be something kinda cool.

ignition cloak on scht was the bomb.com with a merge and some simple gear, but I guess that was years ago where buffed enemies weren't something to worry about. I like the idea of having some oldschool gear buffed up to match the big boys on this server

• Like 1