GFX issues

So returned to PSO after a month away at work to find using the old Launcher all my GFX settings don't work , so updated to the new launcher V4

Must say looks nice now i have a Big GFX card and should run even the highest HD res but all settings even the lowest i get a kind of stammering to the graphics

like the frame rate is wrong and this is really putting me off it's thrown my game play off .

Anyone having this issue or know what to change in the settings ?

is it an nvidia card that you have?
Graphics card settings

I will edit this once you reply :)

pso settings

General

sleep 0

Display

(pick whatever hd res you want)

color Depth 32 bit

window mode Virtual full screen

Graphics

frame skip 0

shadows 0 (can try this on 1 maybe)

advanced effect (checked)

enemies 1

clip distance 2

pixel fog

low res texture (unchecked)

now save those settings

i have an AMD Radeon R9 390X i installed the new loader into the old folder and i re launched the old loader and set it up as before now everything works smooth that way

but with the new loader still getting this i can only describe as frame skip but i left all setting as standard .

i will try a couple more setting to see .

I'll check it out to see if it saves correctly...

Do the settings change between the old and new launcher, I mean the checked and selected options in the video tab?

If you have any way to check PSO's FPS like steam overlay, fraps, etc. You could check them out they should be

Frameskip

0 = 30

1 = 20

2 = 15

0 = 30

1 = 15

2 = 10

Not sure.. but the max you'll get is 30

Edited by Soly

Seems to have fixed itself haha i updated with the new loader then reset the old loader settings to what i ran before then when i launched the new loader again, everything worked

so i upped the rez and it runs super smooth now .

Not sure if it was my card playing up as the PC has been off for a month but it's all good now thanks

Edited by acidman

i did adjust settings like you had on the previous post to , but all in all i think yeah bad day lol

tho i am having other issues with it ,at max rez my screen goes a funny color as if the monitor can't handle it

but i'm pretty sure max rez is 1920x1080 but i can't go above 1920x1050 before the screen goes weird

What about virtual fullscreen?

That actually runs the game windowed, so it shouldn't affect in any form the monitor (like when you go fullscreen in a lower resolution and the monitor's resolution changes too)