Game starts up widescreen and in Japanese

So I'm pretty sure this was answered in another topic not too long ago, but I've looked all over the forums and can't find it so I made my own.

Every time I start up PSO, as stated in the title, it starts up in widescreen and Japanese even with the language set to English and the resolution to normal in the settings. Also, whenever I go to actually start the game up for the first time, it always redownloads the .pat file (I forget the exact name of it). I end up having to load the game back up a second time immediately afterwards to get it back to normal.

Pretty sure it's a simple fix but I'm a bit lost to what the solution is.

So I'm pretty sure this was answered in another topic not too long ago, but I've looked all over the forums and can't find it so I made my own.

I think it was here

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/26580-game-keeps-starting-in-japanese/

• 2 weeks later...

All of you GMs are amazing. But the title to this topic is false. My question wasn't anwered, and i still can't play the game. Sorry for getting back so late, but I had some real life issures that made me forget.

It isn't answered. Please do mark it so.

Edited by Derpy DitzyDo

Hmm.. but the question in this topic was of Master Debaytes and I don't think the title is false, since his game was starting as he said there.

Edited by Soly