Should Larva implement PSO2 style drops along with classic style?

Should Larva Add PSO2 style drops along with Classic?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ultima server implement PSO2 style drops?

• Oh hell ya!! After all would be optional!!!
    • No Just keep it classic style drops only
    • I'm undecided
    • Vote This for the hell of it (Now just Soly)
    • Vote Doge!

This is just a poll to see how the community feels? Iv'e been seeing alot of the numbers of people logging on dropping lately. This poll is for PSO2 style drops which mean that every person in party gets there own separate drops. (A monster is killed-one player may get a trimate,next player maybe a armor and so on) Also I would like to mention this is for the option when you create a game to make your game classic style or pso2 style drops. So people will still have option on what they want to play.

Added Midori's poll on this as well to show that people want a game that favors Multiplayer. http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25927-should-pso-ultima-favor-solo-or-multiplayer/

Edited by Soly
  • Like 3

lol i only feel voting to pols if larva feels something about to do it most pols were useless in the past

So larva plz post here ifya feel ur fingers again

Edited by Trefleex

Considering they already have this on Ephinea and people that feature there. It's likely a good idea to implement however since we have dual logging here I don't think it should be done exactly the same way. For me it would depend on how it was implemented. I would still solo most of the time I'm sure.

• Like 2

It honestly should be one or the other. I'm more in favor of the PSO2 style drops as it benefits players who like to hunt together with parties. I really don't understand why people would prefer to only have shared drops when individual drops benefits them much more when hunting.

• Like 1

This is the most important thing that Ultima needs. If we could get individual drops, then we could convince new players to join this server instead of one that is currently superior.

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25927-should-pso-ultima-favor-solo-or-multiplayer/

We already know that most players prefer that the game favors multiplayer over solo, so having individual drops would help with that. I'm really tired of soloing most of the time. I want to play multiplayer and not have the game punish me for it.

I'm not sure this is accurate but I heard that the reason Larva is against having individual drops is because he doesn't want to change PSO from how Sega did it. Ignoring all of the other changes that have been made on this server, if you look at PSU and PSO2, we know that Sega thinks that PSO's default drop system is inferior. It's safe to assume that Sega themselves would have eventually implemented a better drop system if they stuck with PSO for longer.

• Like 4

It depends how it is implemented if I want it added or not.

(This is assuming you will alter the drop table of all rare drops by dividing the current rate by 4)

If you, larva, are intending to balance both individual drop style and classic drop style, I see you will make a new drop rate table for the new version, because if you didn't - all rare drop chances would increase by 4, so long as 4 players are in the room. This in a sense negates the point of implementing a new system.

The point of adding this is to encourage players playing with each other to hunt a certain drop, but this is not achieved because of you altering the drop rate table.

Example:

Classic mode: RR drops 1% in classic mode. Falz dies, a 1% drop chance is checked, and the server drops 1 random item.

"PSO2 individual drop": RR drop rate is .25% in classic mode. Four players kill Falz, a .25% drop chance is checked for each player, and the server assigns 1 drop to each character, 4 in total. This is still a .25%+.25%+.25%+.25% which is still a 1% chance drop.

There is no point in doing this since the rates will be the same as classic IF 4 people play. No incentive.

• Like 2

If they could keep the drop rate of solo and stop the dual, triple and quadra logging to abuse the system this would could be done by actually finishing the character change panel so you could load up a character with items then move it to account where items needed. After character change panel is implemented you can do away anything above dual log so we can still hunt on a diff ID with dual but not load in 4 characters for a major improvement in drop chance

• Like 2

This is the most important thing that Ultima needs. If we could get individual drops, then we could convince new players to join this server instead of one that is currently superior.

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25927-should-pso-ultima-favor-solo-or-multiplayer/

We already know that most players prefer that the game favors multiplayer over solo, so having individual drops would help with that. I'm really tired of soloing most of the time. I want to play multiplayer and not have the game punish me for it.

I'm not sure this is accurate but I heard that the reason Larva is against having individual drops is because he doesn't want to change PSO from how Sega did it. Ignoring all of the other changes that have been made on this server, if you look at PSU and PSO2, we know that Sega thinks that PSO's default drop system is inferior. It's safe to assume that Sega themselves would have eventually implemented a better drop system if they stuck with PSO for longer.

Exactly larva already changed everything on this server like add hit with dts,buff monsters,x5,droprates,pgf all year drop on original

So should be open to newer playstyle since its long no more original lol

Velociti I think you make a really good point there. Make it pay off more to hunt as a group, for those who mostly solo. Bring some of the people we don't see as much back into the open. Would be kind for teams as well, although for that I would probably still stick with classic for my own reasons

• Like 1

I think alot of newer players get discouraged and quit. I've seen it first hand. They can't keep up on ultimate with what they found so far and don't donate for better weapons and struggle playing solo, they get bored and move on to another place. I go through all my guild cards and 80-90% of them don't log on no more.

I'm glad someone not in the staff made this topic. He already gave Soly a big fat "No".

Being totally honest, the largest issue (aside from how damn ridiculous the prices have gotten on dark weapons due to the ridiculous drop rate and only being available once per year) on ultima is that we have events with absurd drop rates so everyone plays solo. Being able to hunt with friends and not bitching about who gets the drops would make the lives of the staff and the fun of the community much better. It's absurd to not consider this.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 5

I'm glad someone not in the staff made this topic. He already gave Soly a big fat "No".

Being totally honest, the largest issue (aside from how damn ridiculous the prices have gotten on dark weapons due to the ridiculous drop rate and only being available once per year) on ultima is that we have events with absurd drop rates so everyone plays solo. Being able to hunt with friends and not bitching about who gets the drops would make the lives of the staff and the fun of the community much better. It's absurd to not consider this.

If what you are saying is true, I would strongly consider switching to a better PSO server over it. If the person in charge of the server doesn't have the desire to improve the game, that's really bad.

• Like 4

Droprate % alongside pso2 dropstyle should get higher the more people in party thus encourage play in party

There is only this dual log problem for this so not posible so far but if can achieve only the pso2 dropstyle is already a big plus