Old to PSO. New to BB

BLACKR0B0T

The other 2 seem a bit more 'difficult' to farm for. so having something in the meantime is fine by me. I have a black hound cuirass for my HUcast and a smoking plate for my FOnewm (granted both are not high enough lvl to use them) and was curious about what my ranger should use. ultimately yes sonic team armor is a must but, until then :)

Yeah Aura Field is a great choice overall. There are other good situational armors like Lieutenant Mantle which has built in trap vision which can be helpful in some desert quests. It's good to see that you plan on staying here for the long haul. That's the way to go c: This game has almost infinite replay value. Even after all the hours I put into this server, I can always find things to do to have fun when I have the free time to play it. Even when you have great gear, there's almost always better gear, and since new items getting added every now and then, things always stay fresh.

Edited by tru

That's one thing I like about games like PSO. modern games lack diversity. each class,race and gender feels unique and offers it's own pros and cons. Looking at what PSU did to the game made me cry. It's just another Jmmorpg (aka dress up game) for anime obsessed individuals (no offense to that sub culture or anything). PSO has so much to offer and thankfully this servers members seem to get that and the constant updates and events make it that much more amazing. Once I'm done med school (this winter) I'll be down for getting my fair share of DTs!!
Once again thank you everyone for helping! Pleasure to hear from you all!

Brobot

That's one thing I like about games like PSO. modern games lack diversity. each class,race and gender feels unique and offers it's own pros and cons. Looking at what PSU did to the game made me cry. It's just another Jmmorpg (aka dress up game) for anime obsessed individuals (no offense to that sub culture or anything). PSO has so much to offer and thankfully this servers members seem to get that and the constant updates and events make it that much more amazing. Once I'm done med school (this winter) I'll be down for getting my fair share of DTs!!

Once again thank you everyone for helping! Pleasure to hear from you all!

Brobot

I agree. From what I've heard, PSO2 is a disappointment similarly to how PSU is. Another thing that sets pso apart from modern games is the fact that it's actually difficult. This server is no exception. The buffed enemies on this server made what used to be a challenging game, into an even more challenging game which is perfect for someone who has played pso for years.

Ah, dumb question. Weapon %s only affect the weapons damage correct? So 40% native on a wand wont affect my spells just the attacks i make with that wand. I'm pretty sure this is the way it has always been, but I've heard of a server where %s on weapons stacked with other technique multipliers (eg, red barrier) Thanks again (pretty sure that's the last thing I was curious about.. until i close in on end game itemization)

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2016 at 2:00 AM, Misombre said:

Hello man !

The ID's you picked are quite good. You can have wedding dress, red ring, psycho wand, lame d'argent etc. with whitill. And purplenum got a lot of different stuff, especially during events. Redria is also good for materials hunt and other stuffs.

Now I'd say that ID's doesn't matter that much, because at the end of the day you just need them all T-T

As a ranger, you can get Iron Faust and/or Baranz Launcher which are almost as good as DM (open the spoiler from this post to get the full test of those weapons : http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25901-larva-pls-put-pgf-back-on-donation-list/

Yasminkov 9000M with demons special is also very very good.

To froze a foes : Frozen Shooter (must have for ranger)

To paralyse all the foes : Spread needle or Arrest Needle (even better than spread)

One of the best mechgun, for male only : Psycho Raven

Talking about mechguns, if you are just beginning on ultima, I would advise you to get a charge vulcan with 40+ hit. Why ?

1) Because it's quite easy to get/buy (quest : restless lion, if high level : can be bought in weapon shop for mesetas, buy to other players : around 5 pds perhaps less)

2) Deals decent damage as a first weapon

You will hear about hit a lot on this server. The reason being that ultimate monsters are buffed and got a great amount of EVP (so they make you miss a lot). Most weapons without hit are completely useless on this server in ultimate difficulty.

About DT, read this : http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25497-everything-about-donations/

If you need to know where you can find the most of a monster kind, check this :

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/6440-enemy-counts/

Also, among the things to know, GMs launch what they call an Happy Hour (HH) every once in a while (sometime once or twice a day).

During Happy Hour, rares drop rate are x3 which makes hunting a lot more easier during 3 hours.

This topic help to let you know when a HH has begun if you're not online : http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21845-happy-hours-alert/page-45

the where you can find enemies (in whats quests etc) forum post is gone I think, do you know of any others which would help?Ā Thank you.Ā 

Edited by Soly

That's because they change the forum and certain URL got broken.Ā It's still there though !

To be honest, this forum's code is a mess. My eyes got sunburn everytime they look at the URLs and then I wish I could go back in the past to not look at it =/

Edited by Misombre

2 hours ago, Misombre said:

That's because they change the forum and certain URL got broken.Ā It's still there though !
To be honest, this forum's code is a mess. My eyes got sunburn everytime they look at the URLs and then I wish I could go back in the past to not look at it =/

Remove this from your first url "?p=152569)", Also, you put the parenthesis as part of the url :P
Remove this from the other url, you'll know which one. "?hl=%2Benemy+%2Bcounts"

I went ahaed and did it myself

Edited by Soly