Old to PSO. New to BB

BLACKR0B0T

Hey, as the topic states, I'm new to BB.

I play RAmar (Purplenum), FOnewm (Redria) and HUcast (Whitill).

My Card ID is 42169245. Block 2 is my home and my games are always listed as 'aaaa' because I am creative.

I prioritize my ranger I suppose and was wondering if I could get a few tips.

I recognize and have logiced my way through certain acronyms, but there are a few which I'm still uncertain of (such as DT)
I realize that an end game Ranger will look much different than in GCs PSOep1&2, but so far the only thing I see as a staple is Dark Meteor.
any help in what section IDs i should be running alone with any other information would be great. Trying to read through all the stickies I can in the meantime.
Nice to meet you all!

Brobot

Hello man !

The ID's you picked are quite good. You can have wedding dress, red ring, psycho wand, lame d'argent etc. with whitill. And purplenum got a lot of different stuff, especially during events. Redria is also good for materials hunt and other stuffs.

Now I'd say that ID's doesn't matter that much, because at the end of the day you just need them all T-T

As a ranger, you can get Iron Faust and/or Baranz Launcher which are almost as good as DM (open the spoiler from this post to get the full test of those weapons : http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25901-larva-pls-put-pgf-back-on-donation-list/

Yasminkov 9000M with demons special is also very very good.

To froze a foes : Frozen Shooter (must have for ranger)

To paralyse all the foes : Spread needle or Arrest Needle (even better than spread)

One of the best mechgun, for male only : Psycho Raven

Talking about mechguns, if you are just beginning on ultima, I would advise you to get a charge vulcan with 40+ hit. Why ?

1) Because it's quite easy to get/buy (quest : restless lion, if high level : can be bought in weapon shop for mesetas, buy to other players : around 5 pds perhaps less)

2) Deals decent damage as a first weapon

You will hear about hit a lot on this server. The reason being that ultimate monsters are buffed and got a great amount of EVP (so they make you miss a lot). Most weapons without hit are completely useless on this server in ultimate difficulty.

About DT, read this : http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25497-everything-about-donations/

If you need to know where you can find the most of a monster kind, check this :

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/6440-enemy-counts/

Also, among the things to know, GMs launch what they call an Happy Hour (HH) every once in a while (sometime once or twice a day).

During Happy Hour, rares drop rate are x3 which makes hunting a lot more easier during 3 hours.

This topic help to let you know when a HH has begun if you're not online : http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21845-happy-hours-alert/page-45

Edited by Soly
  • Like 2

Welcome. Enjoy the game and god dam those .00000 drop rates lol. Have fun see you around. Guy in post above pretty much gave you everything you would need.

Try coming over to block one. Its the most populated at times and its not so bad. We don't smell I promise =)

Edited by zRoX101
  • Like 1

Welcome! If you ever need a Force to join you for s/d shoot me a pm and if I can I'll hop on and help.

On 4/27/2016 at 2:00 AM, Misombre said:

Hello man !

The ID's you picked are quite good. You can have wedding dress, red ring, psycho wand, lame d'argent etc. with whitill. And purplenum got a lot of different stuff, especially during events. Redria is also good for materials hunt and other stuffs.

Now I'd say that ID's doesn't matter that much, because at the end of the day you just need them all T-T

As a ranger, you can get Iron Faust and/or Baranz Launcher which are almost as good as DM (open the spoiler from this post to get the full test of those weapons : http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25901-larva-pls-put-pgf-back-on-donation-list/

Yasminkov 9000M with demons special is also very very good.

To froze a foes : Frozen Shooter (must have for ranger)

To paralyse all the foes : Spread needle or Arrest Needle (even better than spread)

One of the best mechgun, for male only : Psycho Raven

Talking about mechguns, if you are just beginning on ultima, I would advise you to get a charge vulcan with 40+ hit. Why ?

1) Because it's quite easy to get/buy (quest : restless lion, if high level : can be bought in weapon shop for mesetas, buy to other players : around 5 pds perhaps less)

2) Deals decent damage as a first weapon

You will hear about hit a lot on this server. The reason being that ultimate monsters are buffed and got a great amount of EVP (so they make you miss a lot). Most weapons without hit are completely useless on this server in ultimate difficulty.

About DT, read this : http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25497-everything-about-donations/

If you need to know where you can find the most of a monster kind, check this :

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/6440-enemy-counts/

Also, among the things to know, GMs launch what they call an Happy Hour (HH) every once in a while (sometime once or twice a day).

During Happy Hour, rares drop rate are x3 which makes hunting a lot more easier during 3 hours.

This topic help to let you know when a HH has begun if you're not online : http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21845-happy-hours-alert/page-45

Good post. iron faust is great, but unfortunately only racast and racaseal can use it.

Edited by Soly

Thank you for the replies.

I have frequented the wiki and pso-world for a long time now and already have a few good hit% vulcans and other weapons (preparing for item combination) Im have my FS and yas 9K and am working towards my spread needle.

A few questions, if I may. Where do i find psycho raven? I havnt seen the item listed (is it an event item?)
Also how do I get demons special on my yasminkov 9k?

And i'll keep in mind about hit% I play with my cousin and he is a hunter and complains about missing so I'll pass on the info to him. Glad i started with a RAmar, havnt felt it so much

Thank you for all the help so far and any more that comes :)

Brobot

Thank you for the replies.

I have frequented the wiki and pso-world for a long time now and already have a few good hit% vulcans and other weapons (preparing for item combination) Im have my FS and yas 9K and am working towards my spread needle.

A few questions, if I may. Where do i find psycho raven? I havnt seen the item listed (is it an event item?)

Also how do I get demons special on my yasminkov 9k?

And i'll keep in mind about hit% I play with my cousin and he is a hunter and complains about missing so I'll pass on the info to him. Glad i started with a RAmar, havnt felt it so much

Thank you for all the help so far and any more that comes :)

Brobot

Psycho raven is an event item. You use psycho black crystal on a master raven to make it. You can find that during the summer event which is coming up next. It drops from morphos on ultimate from bluefull and I think redria and yellowboze 1/300ish don't remember exactly but I can check when I get home.

You can add any normal special (not jellen/zalure etc) to a weapon that doesn't have a special by redeeming 10 dts. A gm will add the special you want.

Psycho raven is very strong. 485 atp + 80 grind all male hunters and rangers can use it so it'll behelpful foryour hucast too. Id recommend preparing to hunt one when it's available. Morphos are easy to kill with hell weps, so hellraygun with hit+smartlink+v502 will work wonders. Good luck.

Edited by tru

There is also a minievent to add specials to weapons(which don't already have specials) for pds, but it's not always active (it's often called the yasminkov event).

Here is an old post I made with a lot of ranger suggestions, Ultima differences, quests info, helpful links, etc. http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/11522-some-questions/?p=89969

You may find it useful.

Thank you for all the help everyone.

My redria is a FOnewm but he nukes with efficiency. I'll grind levels on him in preparation to farm. (he is only lvl 95)

FOnewm is not too good in seabed in Ultima. He's gonna struggle quite a bit unless he has some very specific and expensive gear. I checked and in Summer 2014 Psycho Black Crystal dropped on Redria at a rate of 1/348, but that doesn't include DAR. With DAR included it would be about 1/870. In Summer 2015 when I was hunting one it dropped after about 500 Morfos and I noticed a lot of other people were getting them much quicker than me, so I'm not sure if that 1/870 rate applied in 2015. In 2015 Yellowboze, Redria and Bluefull were confirmed to get the drop. Sometimes from year to year event drops change as far as which section IDs get them and at which rate. However, this year the GMs have suggested that the rates during the events are exactly the same as last year.

Checking out past event topics can give you a good idea of what to expect this year.

Here's Summer 2015 http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/22815-summer-event-2015-player-made-drop-tableinfo/page-2

You can find a list of all the event items for all events here http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10353-psobb-item-effect-ie/

Redria is a pretty good ID for forces because they can get limiter easily from Kondrieu, but I still think it would be best to make another character with either the Yellowboze or Bluefull section ID. Both are great IDs. Many people have multiple accounts and raise every section ID since leveling is pretty easy on this server.

I wanted to make a blueful.. but wasn't sure what class to make it, I have played every class and was thinking HUmar or RAcast seeing as how I have a lineup of males already and can do some convenient handmedowning of items. Also I was planning on questing with friends which would make it much easier to get the item no? or are events only accessible via quests? Thanks for the heads up and all the information.

I wanted to make a blueful.. but wasn't sure what class to make it, I have played every class and was thinking HUmar or RAcast seeing as how I have a lineup of males already and can do some convenient handmedowning of items. Also I was planning on questing with friends which would make it much easier to get the item no? or are events only accessible via quests? Thanks for the heads up and all the information.

It would be easier with friends but honestly soloing Morfos isn't too difficult. Just running the beginning of the quest Phantasmal World #3 will do wonders. Hell Raygun can get you through it pretty easily especially if you have freeze traps. Although if you do have friends with you, you can challenge more difficult quests, and find more Morfos quicker.

You don't have to be playing quest in order to find Morfos. You can run regular seabed in solo mode if you want. In solo mode the enemies stats aren't as high so they're easier to fight. It will just take longer to find Morfos in the first place. Some quests have Morfos as early as the second room.

When events are active, some enemies will drop different rares. Right now, Bluefull has Morfos dropping TP/Revival on Ultimate, but when the Summer event starts, the only rare that Morfos will drop will be Psycho Black Crystal, and the TP/Revival drop will be temporarily unavailable from that monster on that section ID. Events typically last about a month. Sometimes closer to a month and a half.

I consider RAcast to be the best class in the game due to the fact that he's the most versatile. Keep in mind I don't like rangers, it just seems to me that the advantages he has over other classes make him the most versatile.

For that reason, I would recommend RAcast over HUmar. HUmar is still a cool class.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in med school so leveling up a blueful to be ready for seabed on ultimate by summer... may not happen. So i'll just hope it drops on my redria and go from there. Worst case scenario I have to wait till next summer. I'm this for the long haul so I don't mind. Considering I'm gonna need to farm for other important items (with hit%).

btw, Is aura field still the best (or at least top 3) RAmar armors? im aiming for that along with a standstill shield.. but maybe that's outdated.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in med school so leveling up a blueful to be ready for seabed on ultimate by summer... may not happen. So i'll just hope it drops on my redria and go from there. Worst case scenario I have to wait till next summer. I'm this for the long haul so I don't mind. Considering I'm gonna need to farm for other important items (with hit%).

btw, Is aura field still the best (or at least top 3) RAmar armors? im aiming for that along with a standstill shield.. but maybe that's outdated.

It's not bad. The best armor is Sonic Team Armor (+500 def +500 evp and +80 to all stats) and wedding dress (408-508 def 244-284 evp, 10 EFR, 10 ELT 10 ETH, 34 EDK, 34 ELT) for number 2. Apart from those two any armor (such as aura field) is fine so that sounds like a good thing to go for c:

The other 2 seem a bit more 'difficult' to farm for. so having something in the meantime is fine by me. I have a black hound cuirass for my HUcast and a smoking plate for my FOnewm (granted both are not high enough lvl to use them) and was curious about what my ranger should use. ultimately yes sonic team armor is a must but, until then :)