New client

Soly

It's a false positive.

The client (psobb.exe) which has been around since forever always has thrown false positives.

The dll (psobb.dll) and the launcher (Launcher.exe) are not signed executables hence are more likely to be flagged as a virus even that it is not, but I develop them can assure you they contain no virus or malware

My game crashes too at the start screen. Like the alert text on launcher says "if it starts 640x480" which it did and crashed, I put the resolution back to 1920x1080 and still crashed at start. 100% sure I had 1080 resolution last time I played, and I still crash if hi-res HUD is checked/unchecked. It isn't a resolution error for me then, and I don't want to check every resolution setting but I might as well..

Edit fix: Turning off bgm/sound fixes the error. Kind of disappointing but i'll find out more later.

Edited by velociti

At the start screen? are you talking about this topic http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/26906-main-menu-crash/ ?

Or the game opens for split a second and then closes?

I don't know what alert text you are referring to with "if it starts 640x480" ... if you post a screenshot or the full error message would be easier for me to troubleshoot it.

Do you get a "psobb.exe has stopped working" error?

If so, which operative system do you use?

Finally do you have custom skins (or models) enabled in the launcher?

The alert text i'm referring to is the scrolling text at the top of Ultima Launcher: "IMPORTANT!!!!! If the game starts up with the wrong resolution or crashes instantly, reselect the resolution you had before and enable the high res HUD if it was part of your settings in the display options."

(Using windows 7)

Info on how it crashes: I click start game on the launcher. Game opens, and i'm in the start menu for PSOBB. "Ultima Ver .13" at bottom left, PRESS ENTER KEY.

I press enter (or any button probably), and the game crashes. "psobb.exe has stopped working"

Solution:Turn off SOUND in the options. It isn't BGM or global focus sound. Those are on and I can get into the game fine.

Soly fixed the sound error by giving it some update. Not sure if its a temp fix or permanent but good luck with that volume code you were tweaking.

Well, it's fixed already no?

It will be permanent, and further changes will be made if a problem arises again