Maybe a slicer with unreduced arrest that only human/newman HUs/FOs could help balance things out. I've been testing 75 hit Holy Ray recently and it's actually pretty good, but arrest j cutter can be a bit underwhelming on non cast characters since it can't have hit.

I feel like Rangers will inherently always be a bit more versatile than other classes due to the fact that the weapons they specialize in are inherently good. Especially shots and mechguns. (Even handguns and rifles are pretty useful). Their high ATA and particularly DM is what really sets rangers above the rest imo, and I don't think DM should be nerfed because that's not really right. And I don't think the other classes should get gear insanely powerful gear just as good as DM to balance things out, because then the power creep just gets out of hand. I do think a few buffs here and there could make this game better, but even if pso got to the point where I would consider it to be in the perfect state, rangers would still be the most versatile. As long as we can be successful with any class, I don't think there's a problem with that.

I like some of the ideas Misombre mentioned. Oftentimes weapons like daggers and double sabers aren't used as often because mechguns are just better. When I'm in a situation with my FO where there's a single enemy with low enough HP to where it will die in one combo, I could take a few steps forward and kill it with Girasole, but oftentimes I'll just pull out charge type me mechguns and kill it that way. The fact that mechguns do more damage and hit from further away just makes them a better choice a lot of times.

A unit that boosts the usefulness of certain types of weapons that aren't used as commonly sounds like a good idea.

• Like 1

@tru This story with girasole and charge mechgun is exactly how I feel most of the time (but for me it's with DLS and Lindcray ^^).

It's kinda like a darwin law =P if a weapon is good but another is better, the best one will, at first, used more often, and then exclusively.

Example in CCA :

A wild Sinow Zele appears at a good distance !

DLS -> get close, Sinow Zele jump and strike you, step back a bit then strike two times (miss half the time), Sinow Zele disappear and reappear behind you, turn back and strike two times (hit ! miss ! crit ! miss !), Sinow Zele dispear and reappear behind you, repeat..., Sinow Zele die eventually after three or four round.

Lindcray -> shoot, Sinow Zele try to jump and get shoot so walk, shoot, miss, crit, miss, shoot, Sinow Zele die

And I don't even talk about the situations where there is more mobs in the room... and basically with a gun you can most of the time aggro them one by one (staying at the entrance of the room), while with a CQB weap you will just attract every mobs on you T-T

Edited by Misombre

sinows are one of the worst examples of a big middle finger to hu's. heres a retarded enemy that if hit in close proximity to any player will just teleport around like an annoying fool. OR like you said you can just shoot it at range and it keeps trying to close the distance until it just dies, -1 for melee weapons there. also can't forget about delbiters, an enemy a hu cannot control other than freeze traps, that does immense damage at close range that nobody could possibly tank (without being jellened) Nice big middle finger to hu's once again. the only real middle finger to Ra's i can think of is lizards, which are easily dealt with. Hu's NEED to be a hell of alot more tanky then they are already, or at the very least have some kind of reliable freezing weapon to deal with bullshit enemies like delbiters and sinows.

While we're at it, let's give all humans traps, all driods can use 250 mats and tp. Hunters can now use DF/DM/PB and have level 30 techs, same with casts and fo's. Now everything is even and nothing else can be bitched about unfairness

• Like 1

"While" we're at it, why even bother with HU/RA/FO and human/newhuman/droids. Just make a single class (let's call it Foranter) a single race (hum, a Mutant Cyborg). Oh and we should not bother with too much weapons too then, an upgradable Boomstick is far enough. But that would be fair if we don't do the same with monsters, like, boomas everywhere (which would be fair since there will only be ep1 with forest anyway).

/\ So, with this kind of rant, ryukin, you just happen to miss the point /\

And the point was not "oh we so much want HU to be as strong and useful as RA". Which is impossible anyway because of the range thing and the way pso is. The point was there is actually no HU class (there is a DF class though ^^). I realize that is a brutal statement, and not fair at all, but still I will go on for the heck of it o_o

So if there is no HU class, what then ?

Then : there is those guys'n girls who pretends to be different (they even call themselves "hunters", which is very obscure) but finally are failed rangers, which sometimes gather antiquities for the show off. Remember that guy drawing a TJS in front of a single Vulmer ? Or this other one bravely standing with a SOV in front of a Darkbringer ? Fan boys, my good lady, fan boys everywhere (and fan girls also ;)).

But deep inside their heart (aka: when they play alone), they know there is no other way than to fight with real weapons (hell, pso is a futurist game, swords cannot possibly be stronger than a gun irl !). Though they often keep lying to themselves and will draw a knife or two to get the job done when it's not too dangerous.

Imo hunters can be just as efficient as Rangers .if you learn to play hunter of course.

Goodness , misombre doesn't go out much ..

Edited by Stark 1
  • Like 1

Imo hunters can be just as efficient as Rangers .if you learn to play hunter of course.

Goodness , misombre doesn't go out much ..

Ranger just takes a whole lot less effort to be just as efficient, lol.

• Like 1

While we're at it, let's give all humans traps, all driods can use 250 mats and tp. Hunters can now use DF/DM/PB and have level 30 techs, same with casts and fo's. Now everything is even and nothing else can be bitched about unfairness

lol... yeah no. who was asking for all that shit? silly me though, of course the game is perfectly balanced, yep its completely spotless. i take back everything, after all this game is 100% perfect, flawless.

• Like 3

Just give better weapons TO HU CLASS ONLY and stop making weapons usable for all classes. As an example, Schthack was just the other way around, Hu were the op class of the server and specially humars. And you may ask why? Easy my friend, everything was because op weapons like rainbow, empress, texas massacres and rikas claw mk2 mean only to be used by hunters.

I think we should have more content for hu class only, but avoiding too much op stuff so game balance wont be corrupted.

Enviado desde mi GT-I8262B mediante Tapatalk

Forces are lacking greatly due to the resists on ep 2, those weps are about the only (a few more but not that many)that do damage as for rangers using them, they already have good advantage because of their ranged weps.

On other note i saw some hunters and forces doing roct better than many rangers out there, they did spent time on their sets and i assure you that no dark weps were involved. *w* Looking forward to manage those feats with my chars.

Sent from my time machine using Tapatalk

Edited by cyane
  • Like 2

Well then, what is this discussion about? The only some-what sensible think that came from this bch fest was maybe give hunters a weapon or two, (preferably) apparently one that can deal with sinows/a good freeze wep. Other than that it's nonsense. Even sylph, one of the most hardcore hunters doesn't nec. agree with some of the things said about hunter. It's gone "I don't play ranger because it's soooooo easy you just afk and steam roll" to "I don't want to play hunter because it's hard and takes too much time". Well which is it, you don't want easy, you don't want it hard, well jesus what is this even about then? So hunter takes more to gear to do what ranger can do with less, I thought you don't like ranger because it's so easy? There is a challange, get geared. What's that? it's too much? Then play ranger when you want to hunt things fast/easy and play hunter when you want a challenge.

Yes but you must agree you are on a whole different level compared to the rest of us mr sylph man, i just don't think i should require 10x the effort to out perform a ra who can just stand in a corner and shoot the whole room. i dunno i just think hu needs something more for us mortals D:

So we want only 5x, 4x, 2x, the effort to do the same as ranger? Or do you want the same effort as ranger so you can call hunter boring as well once you're able to steam role.

There will always be a better class to do anything in any online game, there is no argument. If it goes for WoW to which class is best dps, to FF14 to which classes are best at tanking or dps, mobas which some characters do the same job but better (are tanks but can do dps as opposed to just being a tank).

This thread only had a few mentions of how to solve this problem other than just wishing we had scht items and just complaining, such as maybe give hunters a couple hundred more hp. Even then that wouldn't solve much as most use DF and would only be 10-20 more hp to use the special. I doubt many would object to giving hunters a raygun of some sort that was about as effective as a frozen shooter. They'd be able to contribute more to team play (and solo) other than sitting in a corner screaming "don't heal me I got this".

Edited by cyane

Well I don't know for the other complainers so I shall not talk for them.

But as for me :

• I do like Hunter and mainly/only play Hunters
  • I don't think Ranger is easy (pso still is game with a good share of difficulty no matter what you play)
  • I don't play Ranger ONLY because I don't like guns (which is just a personal taste, not a judgement or a complaint or anything else)
  • Am complaining about the fact I don't want to rely "mainly" on ranger weapons to do most of the job while playing
  • I don't want new weapons or OP stuff
  • I want to be able to play as a hunter who assume himself plainly the way I see Hunter in my little head (which is obviously so personal that it is far from the reality =/
  • I don't use guns as much as I should if I were honest and wanted to play as best as I can. I am aware about it and I don't like this thought.
  • Every items I proposed to make hunter, "not better", but able to fight with CQB weapons more often, is, I think, balanced and has nothing to do with balancing all classes in respect of each others. It actually just reinforce a hunter role.

Sorry for the previous misunderstandings

Edited by Misombre