First of all,

I don`t want to start any drama here, this is a simple question, and all I want to know is if there is a rule about it or not.

Easter event is here, and with it, comes a lot of event only rares.

I was running a RT with 2 other players, I`m a FO level 189.

Everything was fun, we were sharing the drops from the Rhappys(eggs) even the ones from the bosses...

but as soon as we got to Olga 2nd form(Yes, the 2nd form where you have to grab his "soul" for him to wake up) the room leader which I don`t feel like sharing the name said: "the drops is mine"...

Me and the other player started laughing thinking that he was joking, but he replied: "I`m not kidding, the log is here, if you guys steal the drop, I`ll ask for a gm to give it back to me."

& I replied: "Don`t you think you should have claimed it before the quest begun? I mean, we ran the whole RT together as a team, and now you say that the item is yours? isn`t it a little bit selfish from your part?"

and with all the attitude he finished: "Well, I am the room leader, so I can claim it whatever I want, whenever I want."

Thank god no rare was dropped, but it made me wonder...
Is it true that if me or the other player had grabbed the item before him, even tho he just claimed it on the last minutes, the gm would transfer it back to him if he showed his log?

I got really confuse, cuz I wasn`t being carried nor the other guy(which was level 200) ... it just didin`t make complete sense in my head.

What do you guys think?
Is there a rule?

It's not really that simple, the room leader cannot simply claim what he wants, when he wants, at any time, especially not so rudely. There needs to be a relative agreement between players done at or near the beginning. If the leader wants to claim a drop, he should state so plainly at the start, and if other players want a chance at it they should speak up. If nobody speaks up, about it, they can be assumed to be ok with it. If they do speak up and want a chance at it, and the room leader decides to put his foot down and insist that they claim the drop, they can say something like "if you dont like it, then can you please leave the room" (preferably in as nice a manner as possible). If someone continues to stay in the room and tries to take the drop, it would be at their own risk as they were asked to leave.

The staff is here to solve issues of broken agreements, not to defend people being jackasses.

• Like 7

I'll be very very simple: I Cyane agree on letting you keep the drop drop if it happens to drop. Or will just say ok, when you call for the item at the start of my entrance.

At the end of the run I decide I will keep it to myself, I broke my word, my promise towards you.

Would you like to get the item snatched after many runs for it (not sure on how many hours on the hunt already), you would get a newcomer that just comes and takes what you've been spending your sweet time searching for.

That is a conflict a promise was made and one side isn't doing their part. It's sort of like a trade. I'll go with you for exp or for company etc, not for your item. <this is where gms enter most time

Resume:

The person wanting the drop should:

-Call the item at the start of the hunt; (and every new room, he should make sure once again,if a player enters mid hunt, let them know as they enter the room)

-Make sure everybody agree's (a yes, a ok, something specific); < for safety

-Be kind to proceed with the others to help them get something in return<< this isn't obligatory but it's common courtesy on pso, at least from my old times

The person that joins the room and has the item being called:

-Agree or disagree (if asked to leave for disagreeing be at least nice about it)

-Keep their promise (if they agree)

(Can always suggest turn hunting, like "we get it for you, then we get it for me ok?" sort of thing)

Edited by cyane
  • Like 5

If you wish not to worry about this sort of thing, I recommend you find yourself a team and hunt with them. These days I only play games with random people if it's for experience or if I feel like helping out (lower level TTF or something a long those lines).

• Like 1

Well hopefully Soly can implement the PSO2 style drops here. So that way you wont have to deal with greedy non respectful people. Plus It would save the GM's some headaches of extra work of researching the case and logging on that persons character and snatching the weapon from them.

Edited by dmoney1969
  • Like 1

Well hopefully Soly can implement the PSO2 style drops here. So that way you wont have to deal with greedy non respective people. Plus It would save the GM's some headaches of extra work of researching the case and logging on that persons character and snatching the weapon from them.

I'm pretty sure Soly plans to do just that.

They should have stated from the beginning their intention of calling that drop. When i play with strangers I always let them know at the beginning of the game I am aiming for a drop. To me it kinda seems like instead of being upfront with you guys about the drop, he might have wanted you guys to stay and help him until Olga... it sounds messed up, but waiting that long to call a drop sounds way to suspicious to me to be anything else.

• Like 2

It's rude if you don't state what you want. I do prefer playing in rooms with no called items, then as they drop peoples exclude them from the next one's, so everybody can get something.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Momma Bird, in that case he hadn't claimed the drop at any moment, so the time had passed to properly call it and give you guys a chance to decide if you wanna do the quest anyways or just leave the room. So the drop would have been anyones at that time no matter what he said. Thats how I see it and probably GMs too.

The person wanting the drop should:

-Call the item at the start of the hunt; (and every new room, he should make sure once again,if a player enters mid hunt, let them know as they enter the room)

-Make sure everybody agree's (a yes, a ok, something specific); < for safety

There,

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/26218-stolen-post/

The item was called 6 minutes after the first player (who "stole" the item) joined and 3 minutes before the boss dropped.

Then that person didn't agree at all as he didn't understand anything.

Yet the PoST was given back to the other player by GM.

(I asked him in lobby and he had no idea why his AN turned back into a SN so I had to explain him that the PoST he took was called)

I am not trying to reopen that case (he found another one anyway) but just saying, it's hard to make fixed rules and it may be a hassle trying to get all players agree each time (especially for short hunts like CCA) when some never speak and some don't understand a word of english.

There,

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/26218-stolen-post/

The item was called 6 minutes after the first player (who "stole" the item) joined and 3 minutes before the boss dropped.

Then that person didn't agree at all as he didn't understand anything.

Yet the PoST was given back to the other player by GM.

(I asked him in lobby and he had no idea why his AN turned back into a SN so I had to explain him that the PoST he took was called)

I am not trying to reopen that case (he found another one anyway) but just saying, it's hard to make fixed rules and it may be a hassle trying to get all players agree each time (especially for short hunts like CCA) when some never speak and some don't understand a word of english.

When I read that thread I immediately recognized the Karlito name, as I sold him a cent/mind some days ago. I remembered how it seemed a lot that he did not know english well. That's why I reacted on that topic, people were criticizing him without giving him a chance to explain, felt bad for the dude.

Didn't know the ending to the matter, did they really took the item away from him? I do hope that didn't happen, that just seems cruel if it's the case.

Either way I do hope the drop per player works out, this rules of "calling dibs" is just asking for trouble, one way or another.

Yes they really took the item away.

Why why why,,, I wonder why because I am certain that this community is supposed to be (for a big part) mature.

Yet, people are not able to solve their issues between themselves and systematically have to ask for a GM.

So are mature people all about greed ? But which one is greedy ? The one who call the drop or the one who take it anyway ? The offender or the offended... Yeah both of course and that's should not be a problem at all.

So the question is why are people not able to come to an understanding ? Either people call it or not should be an issue at all. Calling a drop is just a way to say "Look, am hunting that so I would really like to have the first of it, if that drops that is". People joining a game should understand that and could as well just disagree and say "Well am also hunting it so that's were we part".

So what about talking with each other ? Wait no... first, listening, since people don't know how to listen. It's like words go through one ear/eye and then end up in the void instead of the brain. Kind of =)

From a GM's perspective, I'd imagine such rule would be a really uncomfortable one, so regarding that I am comprehensive that any decision will be criticized, of course. As for maturity, I wouldn't say the majority of the board is on that side, regarding these kind of issues at least. Quoting that thread about the stolen POST, I can't imagine making a thread about how someone who never agreed with you stole an item from you would be the mature thing to do. But pardon me, that's just an opinion.
The utopia of the rule is to have the individual drop thing, though that will probably bring up other issues, just like everything.

I'm not questioning the rule as of right now, I understand it well, however, the rules is not being followed in a literal way if they did really remove the item from Karlito, as he never agreed to the "dibs proposal" and did not even seem to understand them. I believe there should be a bit of understanding and empathy, I imagine being Karlito, not knowing the language, just playing because I love the game, getting a rare item and the staff taking it away because a guy made a thread about how he claimed it. That's just discouraging at its biggest form.
Also, I enjoy conversations like this one, I do hope I'm not hurting anybody's feelings, just looking to have a mature talk on the matter :onion86:

• Like 1