List of PSO abbreviations

R-78

shoutgu you can delete your post i think, he already put MA for "max attack quests" ( which include all max attacks quests in his mind ) xD

Anyway, here's the cmode abbreviation ( which really gonna help the begginner to understand what's going on when playing with pro/experienced cmodders ) for future rƩfƩrence :

SW = switch

items :

M = monomate, DM = dimate, TM = trimate, F or MF = monofluid, DF = difluid, TF = trifluid, $ = scape doll, STAR = star atomizer ( very rare ), SOL = sol atomizer

materials :

MM = mind material, PM = power material, LM = luck material, HPM = hp material, EM/DM = evade and defense material but nobody care about it xD

Units :

if you get ata units, you'll say A ( for arm ) + the number of that increase... exemple : if you find an elf/arm which give 7 extra ata when equipped, you'll say : A7

Same thing for power and hp units ( others units aren't usefull ), so if you find a general HP, you'll say HP 20 ( can also say GHP ) and a general power, you'll say P10 ( or GP ), i do hope it's clear enough xD

Weapons :

Hunter : SA = saber, BR = brand, BU = buster, PAL ( or P in TA ) = pallash, SL = slicer, SW = sword, GIG = gigush, DG = dagger, KN = knife, BL = blade, PT or PART = partisan, HAL = halbert

Ranger : HG = handgun, AG = autogun, LG = lockgun, RG = railgun, MG = mechgun, ASS = assault, SH = shot, Ri = rifle, SN = sniper

Force : WA = wand ( or staff ), RO = rod, CA = cane ( or mace )

So, if you drop a pallasch with these stats "0/0/75/0/55", you have different ways of calling your weapons :

You can call the attributes and the abbreviations of the weapons, example : M ( for machine ) H ( for hit ) PAL ( or just P, which is faster in TA ), so "MH P" in Time attack...

You can call the attributes and the abbreviations of the weapons but specifies the %, example : 75m55h PAL or 75/55 P

These abbreviations really help in cmode to call weapons faster and share stuff.. also saying entire sentence like " i have found a pallash with 75 machine and 55 hit" can be a source of lack of concentration and waste of time.. that's why most experience cmodders will always go by these abbreviations.

• Like 2

Nice thread. Am I the only one that says DBC for Double Cannon?

Also maybe think of having the abbreviations SN (spread needle), S&Y(Sange&Yasha), PoM (Prophets of Motav), SS (Stealth Suit), RG (Rico's Glasses), 13 (Thirteen), KB (Kasami Bracer), HR (Holy Ray), TB (Twin Blaze), CS (Chain Sawd), and CYAS (Charge YASminkov 9k).

Also perhaps make a note for PGP that it's "aka Tyrell's Parasol". On pso-world and varying lists it's called Principal's Gift, but in game the name shows as Tyrell's.

Are you planning to do any not initials abbreviations (e.g. Zal/zalure, Pwand/psycho wand, Ophize/ophelie seize, Froozer/frozen shooter, Yas/yasminkov, Hyshield/hylian shield, etc.)?

Voting to never abreviate Flapjack Flappers(FF) or Vivi'enne' (VV) as they are too much fun to say. Also wondering why no one wants to call Branch of Paku Paku the BOPP Stick for lulz.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

I don't believe you guys forgot the most important abbreviation...

PSO - Phantasy Star Online :onion119:

Lol actually was in the list when I made it but I deleted it just before I posted xD

Because someone who doesn't know that wouldn't be there :P

oh now i see xD my search didn't got it

Was the only one starting with "I" D:

shoutgu you can delete your post i think, he already put MA for "max attack quests" ( which include all max attacks quests in his mind ) xD

Yes

Anyway, here's the cmode abbreviation ( which really gonna help the begginner to understand what's going on when playing with pro/experienced cmodders ) for future rƩfƩrence :

[...]

M = monomate, DM = dimate, TM = trimate, F or MF = monofluid, DF = difluid, TF = trifluid, $ = scape doll, STAR = star atomizer ( very rare ), SOL = sol atomizer

[...]

Thank you. Didn't put SOL and STAR though because I think it is obvious.

Nice thread. Am I the only one that says DBC for Double Cannon?

Also maybe think of having the abbreviations SN (spread needle), S&Y(Sange&Yasha), PoM (Prophets of Motav), SS (Stealth Suit), RG (Rico's Glasses), 13 (Thirteen), KB (Kasami Bracer), HR (Holy Ray), TB (Twin Blaze), CS (Chain Sawd), and CYAS (Charge YASminkov 9k).

Also perhaps make a note for PGP that it's "aka Tyrell's Parasol". On pso-world and varying lists it's called Principal's Gift, but in game the name shows as Tyrell's.

Are you planning to do any not initials abbreviations (e.g. Zal/zalure, Pwand/psycho wand, Ophize/ophelie seize, Froozer/frozen shooter, Yas/yasminkov, Hyshield/hylian shield, etc.)?

Voting to never abreviate Flapjack Flappers(FF) or Vivi'enne' (VV) as they are too much fun to say. Also wondering why no one wants to call Branch of Paku Paku the BOPP Stick for lulz.

Thanks.

No I don't think so, those are only extras which can be guessed easily, I believe someone who knows what PW stands for won't ask what is a Pwand.

Would be too much for the same words

There are variations everywhere depending on the speaker so I can't put everything as I don't want the topic to be unreadable since there is no official abbreviation.

(I've also seen 100S for Hundred Souls but don't know how popular it is)

As for things like VV, yes, better write at least Vivi so anyone can guess xD

That ultibum thing is pretty hurtful. Lol

That's why I won't put this xD

The shame on this is: it will be forgotten in some weeks, and then, we will got new players asking the same things again and again.

Because nobody will take the time to go though forum search trying to find this help/guide topic,simply because the forum search suck, but also because they don't know how to search by site in google too.

In the end, another great and useful topic that will be forgotten and never used in a near future.

As Cyane said, just share the link when need be.

Like Misombre's topic on Donation Tickets, if someone asks you how to use DTs, you don't have to explain him everything one more time but just give him the link to the guide.

I dont know if someone saw this before. So please accept my apologize in advance.

DBS = Dual Birds

DB = Dark Bridge

I don't know, always seen Dual Birds as DB.

So when people tell my huney she has a nice ass, they've been talking about her weapon this whole time? :(

Seriously though, I'd add the term buff as an abbreviation of "cast shifta and deband" and debuff for zalure.

• Like 2