How to kill Vol Opt as a Fleshy

Zynetic

Pretty sure it works in Single player, the only difference is it should be even easier.

Also it's been awhile since I've tried on Foney, but I think Red Saber + Crimson Coat is slightly better then Clio?  Not sure what the formula is for that; especially with the high grind though.

As For Hucast/Seal It's not as fun or fast but Drill Launcher is a cheap way to do it, there's probably a better way here I haven't thought of, I don't play Hunter anymore either.

Edited by ZQuasar64

1 hour ago, ZQuasar64 said:

Pretty sure it works in Single player, the only difference is it should be even easier.

Also it's been awhile since I've tried on Foney, but I think Red Saber + Crimson Coat is slightly better then Clio?  Not sure what the formula is for that; especially with the high grind though.

As For Hucast/Seal It's not as fun or fast but Drill Launcher is a cheap way to do it, there's probably a better way here I haven't thought of, I don't play Hunter anymore either.

actual its better to use a hundred souls with 100 machine on foney :)

Edited by Night

7 hours ago, ZQuasar64 said:

I think they would be functionally identical atp value, if it works like I think it does (red saber machineatp 489x2 + grind 78x2 + redcoat bonus 489/2 + shiftabonus 40 x 0.477 = 1397.58, vs clio 690x2 + shiftabonus 30 x 0.477 = 1394.31). The extra atp variables for more shifta scaling on evil curst and earth wand brownie make them stronger still (1437.894 and 1483.1), and you can potentially get 85machine earth wand brownie from ROCT reward as well as it being faster cast speed. None of those will really compare to a Lindcray or 100souls though.

Drill Launcher has issues imo because it only works while the screen is still unbroken, so you often kill the screen before you kill vol opt. I've used machine red handgun special before, not really as ideal as gizonde but it's better than nothing for hucast/hucaseal. As a humar/ramar you can also use fist weapon(sacred duster/god hand) and v801 to get a stunlock if you time it right on the final screen.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Here's a thread necro to provide a video I had lying around since the one from the title post appears to be lost from Youtube:

If you're spamming TTF I recommend a Nidra or Agastya with 101-120% Synchro for 85% boss room invincibility chance. It gives you a lot of insurance against the pillars popping up and ruining your stunlock, particularly when you're not the P1 slot.

If you're HUmar/RAmar and using Power Glove + v801 to do this, you can only truly stunlock on the last set of monitors the boss briefly pauses on as it is attempts to warp away. You can still get a couple Gizondes on the earlier sets but the boss will steadily move between casts. With lv20+ Gizonde and v801 you can stunlock from any set of monitors no problem.

Edited by Wavebuster
number accuracy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WIZKID said:

@Wavebustershould you have high machine bonus in power glove also? 

Whatever weapon you're using for this trick should ideally have as much Machine% as possible in addition to the highest weapon ATP available to your class. That said, I wouldn't advise boosting a Power Glove to 100% Machine just for this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sundark said:

Oh, nice bump. What are the best options for RAmarl/FOmar? I'm guessing for FOmar Sacred Bow should be pretty good? Definitely the highest ATP weapon I have right for him. 

probably that, or hundred souls, or Galatine at correct beat time. Anything with high weaponATP, high ATPvariable, high machine%, and lowest grind needed to reach its max (as grind is not boosted by attribute%). If it's got a high number on the stats screen after shifta without needing a ton of grind to reach it, and has high machine%, it'll work fine. You don't need to worry too much about going for 'absolute best' weapon though, as it may not even make a difference in how many gizonde casts it takes to kill vol opt. A hunewearl is most likely going to be the same # of spellcasts with hundred souls as with DF, and maybe you just don't want to carry hundred souls on that run just for that purpose alone. If anything, technique casting animation speed can outweigh many atp differences on characters. He dies so fast anyway that really there's a lot of options that are basically equally viable.

example math for Excaliber+35 50%M w/ 30shifta  (i.e. good vanilla option)

excal 900-950atp, 35grind, 30shifta is +47.7% more baseATP and weapon ATPVariable

(WeaponATPMax x (1+Machine%)) + (Shifta x ATPVariable) + (Grind x 2)

(950 x (1 + 0.5)) + (0.477 x 50) + (35 x 2)
(1425) + (23.85) + (70)
1518.85 extra atp from weapon (in addition to char baseATP x shifta)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another video clip I just recorded for the sake of showing the method for non-HU/RAmar. The depicted method and setup (weapon +v801) works with any class bearing 20+ Gizonde, though the number of casts required will of course differ depending on your total ATP.