Forum Shoutbox Fix

Nice fix. However, I wanted to ask something about the shoutbox archive.

Currently the window you get is rather small ... something like 740x358 pixels (I don't know the exact size). Also, since it does only display 20 entries per page, you end up with going through a lot of pages if you want to check what was shouted in the last couple of hours.

Is it possible to add options to the users so they can pick a larger shoutbox archive window as well as more than 20 entries? Would be pretty cool.

Another thing ... the hour setting when you use filters in the shoutbox archive. If you click on hours, you get a drop-down field ... I don't know if the 24 hour format on the forums is active only for certain time zones or whether it shows as am/pm in other time zones - anyway, obviously for me it shows 24, but shouldn't the 24 be at the top and show as 00 since technically it is the "first" hour (00) of the selected day? Currently the 24 is at the bottom of the list, yet it actually belongs to the previous day. We don't have times like 24:17, it should be 0:17.

Finally, because I just noticed ... the fix for long strings (like when someone posts a really long URL) doesn't work for the archive. Or has Larva not implemented your fixes yet?

Edited by El Socko

Hello all,

So it's been a long time I wanted to fix this, unfortunately, I only made a workaround with Firefox add-on and never really wanted to take the time to make a proper fix with good compatibility with modern browser.

Something that have been fixed now, I did take the time and make some proper CSS rules to fix all behavior with the shoutbox when someone is trying to broke it.

Here the CSS:

/* Fix for Long-String */

.shoutbox_text p {
overflow-wrap: break-word;
word-wrap: break-word;
-ms-word-break: break-all;
word-break: break-all;
word-break: break-word;
-o-hyphens: auto;
-ms-hyphens: auto;
-moz-hyphens: auto;
-webkit-hyphens: auto;
hyphens: auto;
}

/* Fix for Video BBcode, a lower size is set for lower resolution */

.shoutbox_text iframe {
width:476px !important;
height:290px !important;
}

/* Fix for Image BBcode, a lower size is set for lower resolution */

.shoutbox_text img.bbc_img  {
max-width:480px !important;
max-height:480px !important;
}  

If Chuk is able to test and apply this to the actual .css file it would be great, it will fix most of the problems we can encounter with the shoutbox.

EDIT : I edited the code with CSS comments, and fixed the Image rule (the old one was affecting the whole forum), now I have set the proper rule to affect only the shoutbox.

EDIT 2 : 2nd edit, I have applied a small fix for spoilers, the CSS rule is now targeting all child of shoutbox_text and not shoutbox_text p.

ok added the css code the shoubox css and its working.

Thanks. man we appreciate the help and interest.

• Like 2