Should PSO Ultima favor solo or multiplayer?

Would you prefer if PSO Ultima favored solo or multiplayer?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer if PSO Ultima favored solo or multiplayer?

• Solo
    • Multiplayer

multiplayer is great.. but having each player in a 4 person party get their own drops from the same monster isnt going to encourage either way. if anything it will make people solo more. theyre just going to solo the same quests with 4 of their own accounts in one lobby to get 4 chances at a drop from the same monster. one boss monster then becomes 4 for the same person.

Not necessarily...

Think of it... who will get more chances/actual drops

- The one trying to move 4 characters... few long runs

- The one running with 3 other players several short runs

@Soly True enough.

Moreover, this is really tiring to move 4 characters at the time (beware of pso burnout).

Personally my brain begin to melt with two...

That being said, if someone actually manage to move all 4 characters at once, with as much (hem) efficiency as 4 unique players (hem hem), while keeping a sane brain : well I say they kind of deserve it.

Don't go thinking that this is easy work (or/and I really am dumb).

And at a point, people should just stop thinking "output", "efficiency" and start having really fun.

Sure we also want THAT item so op like everyone else, but as long as you have a chance to get it, if you can choose between solo or multiplayer : do choose multiplayer.

Do you have fun alone repeating again and over again the same thing ? I don't say it is a "real blast wouhou !" to play the game with other peoples (am not that naive yet) but it sure a lot better than being alone. It would say that it adds a good flavor to the game, the feeling that you want to come back and play even more ! =)

Edited by Misombre

If people were to get their own drops.. there would be much happiness.. faster runs.. people focused on enjoying their fellow hunters company rather than focus on trying to grab every rare that hits the floor over everything else. This will not solve the single player vs multiplayer issue.. but it may go a long way to satisfy both sides.. multiplayer even more so. Please consider this, thank you!!!!! ^_____________^

• Like 1

Forgive my ignorance but how is solo play favored? I know the monsters are a bit easier but do drops or exp change in any way? I switch back and forth depending on who is available to play with and what I am doing but I only do it because without a good force with me Ultimate gets pretty tough alone unless I am on solo mode.

Forgive my ignorance but how is solo play favored? I know the monsters are a bit easier but do drops or exp change in any way? I switch back and forth depending on who is available to play with and what I am doing but I only do it because without a good force with me Ultimate gets pretty tough alone unless I am on solo mode.

By solo they mean creating a locked multi room and running the hunt alone, or with a dual logged char for that char's ID. It takes time organizing a hunt, and people are isually looking for their own items, and don't want to make a run with someone for nothing. (As the item usually hunted is the only one that they'd want on that run.)

Solo play is favored at the moment, because the player that can do it do not have to take the time to organize others, or worry about them taking the drop. When they run solo (in a locked multiplayer game) the samw number or items drop, but for only them (as opposed to splitting the drops).

Because of ultima's incressed drop rate though, the only drops anyone wants, Are the ones that are hard to get. As such, playing solo takes away any threat of those drops being "ninja'd"

And that is the argument on why solo play is favored on ultima.

By solo they mean creating a locked multi room and running the hunt alone, or with a dual logged char for that char's ID. It takes time organizing a hunt, and people are isually looking for their own items, and don't want to make a run with someone for nothing. (As the item usually hunted is the only one that they'd want on that run.)

Solo play is favored at the moment, because the player that can do it do not have to take the time to organize others, or worry about them taking the drop. When they run solo (in a locked multiplayer game) the samw number or items drop, but for only them (as opposed to splitting the drops).

Because of ultima's incressed drop rate though, the only drops anyone wants, Are the ones that are hard to get. As such, playing solo takes away any threat of those drops being "ninja'd"

And that is the argument on why solo play is favored on ultima.

Thank You for the information.

• 1 month later...

It partially works there is some stuff I need to do but Larva is the one who will decide if we'll use it or not tho.

I dont see any reason why he wouldnt want to use it or at least implement PSO2 style drops that would help sustain the player base and help anyone new stick around. Have you on Cy brought up the topic to him?

He'd would have explain you his reasoning if he wants to.

Of course I have told him, since there is some work already done.

Ah ok ty Soly. I have been seeing people drop like flys lately around here. Maybe its because no event or crazy prices. I want this server to be #1