Should PSO Ultima favor solo or multiplayer?

Would you prefer if PSO Ultima favored solo or multiplayer?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer if PSO Ultima favored solo or multiplayer?

• Solo
    • Multiplayer

I was wondering what the community felt on this subject. Currently, the game favors solo over multiplayer when it comes to finding rare items. But is that what we really want? Or would most players prefer if the game favored multiplayer instead?

Both solo and multiplayer will continue to be possible regardless of any changes done to the game, but which one do you think should be better for finding rare items?

• Like 2

Both solo and multiplayer has its advantages when it comes to getting that certain item you want. If you are in a team that has a good amount of members, you should have an easier time than anyone on getting the things you want as long as you give everyone in your team their fair chance of finding rares as well. The only thing i find cancerous in multiplayer are the people that make open rooms and think that they are entitled to certain drops especially when it comes to event items and i've seen lots of high level players do this which is downright shamefull. I've never felt that solo or multiplayer favors one over the other since i've found many rares on both modes.

Edited by Strider Hiryu

I can probably speak for some people in the community when I say I play for friends in gaem, multiplayer is a more fun aspect. I sometimes wish during the events special quests or edited quests with lottery/random rewards would be the way you earn the really good items, it would allow for harder quests and completely stop people filling out hurt feelings reports on those who ninja drops (I'm sure they will still find a way to try call other people's drops xD)

This would literally make me want to join in on hunts and make people less lonely, or want to play with others during the hunt to make it easier (or harder if you let ing play with you)

• Like 3

I just think drops should be pso2 style tbh.. that would solve everything.. the drop rates are already very low on most items.. that is why people ONLY hunt during HH. you can then drop HH rates to x2 instead of x3.

Edited by Berrymilk
  • Like 1

Reason I mentioned the lottery/random award for quest is because that already exists in several quests on the server.

I mean sure it does require to make a few quests but it would solve a lot of problems

• Like 1

I can probably speak for some people in the community when I say I play for friends in gaem, multiplayer is a more fun aspect. I sometimes wish during the events special quests or edited quests with lottery/random rewards would be the way you earn the really good items, it would allow for harder quests and completely stop people filling out hurt feelings reports on those who ninja drops (I'm sure they will still find a way to try call other people's drops xD)

This would literally make me want to join in on hunts and make people less lonely, or want to play with others during the hunt to make it easier (or harder if you let ing play with you)

Underrated post.

• Like 1

It literally wouldn't discriminate between 1 to 4 players beyond the quest being done quicker and easily

Newer players will also be invited to runs rooms stop being locked as much and brings the community together

I have more fun when running with a full team, i do get through the quest faster if the team is well coordinated in general I'm never searching for items ao i just let peoples grab what they want.
There are certain things i prefer to do alone (material hunt, photon crystal hunt and unsealings).
The server offers you a voice service to communicate (mumble) in case you want to organize, my team also offers you a team speak server for this.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Edited by cyane

I think it encourages multiplayer slightly more when you first start considering solo players often get rekt once they reach a higher difficulty. No force, (unless you are one, in which case crap damage and hp) crappy weps/techs from the previous difficulty, a crappy mag, etc. Also if you intend on soloing early on, you can only hunt on 1 id which can be terrible depending on your class. That being said, once you get some good gear, the game difficulty takes a nose dive and anyone can solo. Soloing will guarantee you the drop with no drama and save you the time as well since you don't have to teach anyone all the tricks and safe spots in the game. Also the upside to a lot of dank solo players, is a lot more top tier items dropping which helps out everyone.

• Like 1

If anything this game shouldn't favor solo or multiplayer. However, it's impossible for it not to slightly favor one over the other because players at different levels (newer players vs more experienced players) will benefit more or less from multiplayer depending on what level they are at.

As it is right now, the game favors solo play, so a change to make things more equal makes sense and should be welcomed, but this change shouldn't make multiplayer far eclipse the effectiveness of solo play (for hunting).

The notion that multiplayer should be favored in all online multiplayer games all the time is an opinion. That's all. Keep that in mind.

If it's always better to hunt in groups, that hinders players who live in odd time zones and have odd schedules for when they're able to play. I also feel like people shouldn't always feel compelled to play in groups to have the best chance of finding rares if they don't want to. Some people are rude and don't participate in team work and it gets exhausting when you're compelled to keep hunting and not take a break in the middle of a quest to talk to your roommate/significant other or use the bathroom, eat etc.

With all that said, I like a lot of the ideas that have been discussed, especially what makaveli said http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/6048-ideas-to-improve-the-server-feel-free-to-post/?p=146855

I think that sums things up pretty well. It's gonna come down to what idea the GMs can come up with. Almost every solution I can think could make other problems arise which would need to be addressed, but maybe something very simple is the solution. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this. Hopefully we get a say.

Edited by tru
  • Like 1

I think it encourages multiplayer slightly more when you first start considering solo players often get rekt once they reach a higher difficulty. No force, (unless you are one, in which case crap damage and hp) crappy weps/techs from the previous difficulty, a crappy mag, etc. Also if you intend on soloing early on, you can only hunt on 1 id which can be terrible depending on your class. That being said, once you get some good gear, the game difficulty takes a nose dive and anyone can solo. Soloing will guarantee you the drop with no drama and save you the time as well since you don't have to teach anyone all the tricks and safe spots in the game. Also the upside to a lot of dank solo players, is a lot more top tier items dropping which helps out everyone.

Nothing I suggested runs against this when all 4 players can have the same chance of getting the event item at the end of a quest

I wouldn't suggest to make all items worth hunting on a quest reward but the event items only