Larva pls put pgf back on donation list

PGF drop  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys want PGF to be turned on year round?

Are you trying to argue that dark weapons are not "something "optional". If you do it, it's fun ; if you don't, you don't lose anything", but rather mandatory to play the game?

Y'all do realize you can get stronger weapons year round? With just s-rank zalure, Baranz Launcher 0dark already outscales DM 50dark.

the gear

DM 50 0 0 50 50

http://i67.tinypic.com/21e3i1u.jpg

Baranz Launcher 0 0 0 0 75

http://i65.tinypic.com/29by0co.jpg

Iron Faust 100 0 0 100 50

http://i65.tinypic.com/24fi6fm.jpg

Zalure J-Cutter is visible in last one

no buffs/debuffs

DM

15nosc2.jpg

Baranz Launcher

30de2jq.jpg

Iron Faust

k9aqz4.jpg

21 zalure

DM

2e0pdgy.jpg

Baranz Launcher

2me50ue.jpg

Iron Faust

118oqqx.jpg

30 zalure

30 shifta

DM

35907th.jpg

Baranz Launcher

mkhohf.jpg

Iron Faust

6nxdnr.jpg

30 shifta + 21 zalure

DM

n69kdw.jpg

Baranz Launcher

2nc44n8.jpg

Iron Faust

346kz1z.jpg

30 shifta + 30 zalure

DM

2mn15cl.jpg

Baranz Launcher

2nukp3a.jpg

Iron Faust

2nalkar.jpg

These people like easy games , fyreworlf.

These people want things handed to them , fyrewolf .

Misombre pls ..

But anyway , I like ultima the way it is .

Most of you don't even know how to use dark weapons anyway .

These people like easy games , fyreworlf.

These people want things handed to them , fyrewolf .

Misombre pls ..

But anyway , I like ultima the way it is .

Most of you don't even know how to use dark weapons anyway .

This guy bring an awesome point. Thanks for bringing fyrwolfs post up again. I like his comparison and its great seeing someone take the time to do this.

@Stark

So yeah, we don't give forks to babies because they don't know how to use it and will most likely hurt themselves (that's why now that we are adults we don't know how to use forks =)

So you're saying that because people don't know how to use it, they should not ? That's elitist nonsense.

Don't know if you were talking to me about that one, but I never went in the way of wanting "things handed to us". Not at all.

@zRoX101

I did read it and just think that would be too hard to balance so that it get the right difficulty. Compared to just adding it to the drop list that is.

@Fyrewolf

DW are optional. I do realize it very well, I didn't make a point about this. You will not teach me that DW can be outclassed (or almost matched) by a whole lot of weapons (but some people out there do need this so thanks for the damage comparative anyway. You would be a love to do the same with DF now, for the sake of the few hunters who absolutely think there is no better weapon out there). I don't think I talked about getting stronger weapons, but the comparative was interesting nonetheless.

By the way, Fyrewolf (and maaany other people), if you're gonna quote someone, if you're gonna answer on a specific topic, please make sure you read properly and entirely what this someone said.

There is no "tl dr" possible for someone who pretend explaining things and enlightening people. If you wanna give a proper opinion you first need to be able to understand what people are saying.

Otherwise, you just draw everyone back in vain discussions where people try over and over again to explain and re-explain what they already have said.

Thinking that you are right is not wanting to destroy what other people say. We are not stupid, if you really are right, we are all supposed to see where you are going and agree with it. Wanting to be right, it is trying to understand where there is misunderstanding and so, you first need to understand what people are really saying. Otherwise, you may most likely be the one who doesn't understand the topic.

Am tired to have to explain every of my word three or five times, and people keep ignoring what am saying.

The debate revolves around useless axis and doesn't move forward.

I do make mistakes, and if am able to recognize them, to realize it : it is because I've tried to understand "everything" you're saying, not just the part that fit my current way of thinking. Am not your enemy, I am living in the same world that you all.

Edited by Misombre

To be honest, at least for Dark Meteor, the damage isn't what made it more appealing to players like myself.

It's the damn special. That Green Beam of Death as I like to call it goes through multiple enemies, goes through walls and surfaces, and as long as the beam is still visible anything that touches it takes damage. It also has amazing range for the kind of special it is. It utterly destroyed certain bosses as well, like De Rol, Barba Ray, and Gal.

It's easy mode if nothing else.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

i would have a nice idea to bring pgf back - lower price a little and still make it a pain in the ass to get ;P

Ā 

Ā 

random mob drop:

pgf droprate like 1/3000+

and daily the mob who drop it changes so everyday another mob will drop it (with no information on the droptable ;) )

so you could get it but still annoying to get xP

14 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

i would have a nice idea to bring pgf back - lower price a little and still make it a pain in the ass to get ;P

Ā 

Ā 

random mob drop:

and daily the mob who drop it changes so everyday another mob will drop it (with no information on the droptable ;) )

Ā 

I think that would make it a lot easier than you think. Also probably a lot of work to edit the droptables so much.

Ā 

I just don't see a really hard(1/1800) drop rate, if even on only one id,Ā hurting this server. It would at least make the weapon accessable to people who don't have or who are not willing to pay 500$ on a weapon, which lets face it, is foolish in any game. Even to hunt up enough dts to get to that point, I don't think I could do before even starts. That kind of rate, I think a lot of people wouldn't even bother, even durring happy hour is worse than regular drop rate of event, which I do think is important to keep that event exciting. I mean a rate like that would really limit it to people that badly want it, and have the motivation to work at it for a while.Ā 

Honestly I am just kind of running out of things to get for the class that I prefer to play, and that's all good I guess, I get to branch out and try other classes and hunt items for them. Maybe that is the kind of thing Larva wants to happen, and it isn't really a bad thing, will probably make me a better player in the end, but still, I would love to get my hucaseal where I want her to be. Sucks to need to wait another 5 months to do so.Ā 

1 minute ago, Justin Noble said:

Ā 

I think that would make it a lot easier than you think. Also probably a lot of work to edit the droptables so much.

nightmare comments: NO IT MAKES IT HARDER CAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHERE IT DROPS.

read my text again..

i copied it and make it understandable for you that you know that you havent really read my comment

here read it please again:

25 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

Ā 

Ā 

random mob drop:

and daily the mob who drop it changes so everyday another mob will drop it (withĀ Ā  no information on the droptable ;) )

read my text again.. without telling which mob the pgf drops and that make it harder and not easier! << third and last time you will read the same

Ā 

also ive heard larva thought about that to do that in xmas event.. this would be better as all year round with this system than event drop..

I think a better plan of action is to think about why people are paying that price. Ā And don't go all economic on me here, because thats not what i'm getting at. Ā I'm asking why do people want dark weapons so badly. Ā Because ultimately that want is what is the problem here.

I would (unfavorablely probably) recommend combo locking all dark weapons. Ā I think they Are currently too strong, and that makes them desireable enough for people to spend those sums on them.Ā 

Think what is really necessary is spread about the alternative weapons that replace dark weapons pretty well. Many aren't aware how good some of the gear at ultima is, and thing dark weps are going to save them on all situations.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I think a better plan of action is to think about why people are paying that price. Ā And don't go all economic on me here, because thats not what i'm getting at. Ā I'm asking why do people want dark weapons so badly. Ā Because ultimately that want is what is the problem here.

I would (unfavorablely probably) recommend combo locking all dark weapons. Ā I think they Are currently too strong, and that makes them desireable enough for people to spend those sums on them.Ā 

well i think thats a too big nerf.. cause you cant only survive with only dws..

Ā 

3 minutes ago, cyane said:

Think what is really necessary is spread about the alternative weapons that replace dark weapons pretty well. Many aren't aware how good some of the gear at ultima is, and thing dark weps are going to save them on all situations.

try kill a Mericarol, Gibble, Delbiter or epsilon with Dark Meteor or Dark Flow ;)

youre faster and more efficient with froozen shooter + yask demon/charge

or as hunter or force type me mech + 100 souls/excalibur (as finisher)

Ā 

i think 50% of DWs prices is the style factor ^^ and greed

@cyane Yes I totally agree.

But

Because, yes,Ā there is always a "but" :Ā You will fail eventually =/

People want Dark WeaponsĀ because it is end game gear. Who told them that ? I dunno, the community just labeled it over time and that's what it is. They wrongly associate "end game"Ā with "as best as you can get". It is wrong because PSO battles are situational and requires a lot of different weapons. And at the same time, it is NOT because, in their own category, they indeed are the best. Even if it is by 50 damages difference, they are.

With the label "end game", the supposed qualitiesĀ "cool stuff", "being the best", "being pro", "looking badass" (kidding) and so on will invariably comes out. So people will keep wanting it. And why would they not ? Dark weapons are part of PSO after all, why not get them all ? (hem ^^)

Ā 

Also concerning Dark Flow only, though you don't NEED to have one,Ā you cannot really replace it with another similar weapon. Dark Flow is a category itself if I may.

Edited by Misombre

Dark weapons is what i consider "swag" gear on pso. But we don't see any good player just using dark weps, they wouldn't last long on ROCT and harder missions just with them.

I would really appreciate to see aĀ community effort to at least explain the new peoples the alternatives we have.

I know we can't change the fact that dark weps sound cool and come in handy, but we can make new hunters good even without them right? >:3

Edited by cyane