Larva pls put pgf back on donation list

PGF drop  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys want PGF to be turned on year round?

Adding it as a year round drop would at least mean some pgfs are thrown back in circulation. At this moment DWs disappear from the economy (because people stop playing and let their DW rot in their banks) but none are put back in except the handful PGF during last xmas.

Something needs to be done

• Like 1

I never understood why PGF only drops during a time where most people aren't even at home, spending holidays with their family or/and friends. Like you almost had to play 24/7 - during the 2-3 weeks it dropped last year - to get a good chance of the drop. Well atleast if you wasn't blessed with luck, and even then it was not guaranteed.

I feel like an all year drop is long overdue. Maybe boost the droprate abit during christmas but let the players themself decide when they want to hunt PGF. That way it will not only fix the economy after some time, but also the fact that Olga only drops trash (or nothing at all) at the moment. :onion-head70:

Edited by Izaya
  • Like 4

I never understood why PGF only drops during a time where most people aren't even at home, spending holidays with their family or/and friends. Like you almost had to play 24/7 - during the 2-3 weeks it dropped last year - to get a good chance of the drop. Well atleast if you wasn't blessed with luck, and even then it was not guaranteed.

I feel like an all year drop is long overdue. Maybe boost the droprate abit during christmas but let the players themself decide when they want to hunt PGF. That way it will not only fix the economy after some time, but also the fact that Olga only drops trash (or nothing at all) at the moment. :onion-head70:

Yes this exactly. I didn't play a single second during the holidays as I'd rather spend it with my family.
  • Like 1

Yeah something should really be done about this. I can see it being fine that pgf is only available for a limited amount of time, but the fact that it was only available for about 2-3 week during Christmas is insane. I devoted every second I was awake and not working during those 2 weeks to hunting pgf, pushing my body to the limit doing over 300 rt runs for nothing (because it didn't drop of course). I ended up neglecting important things because I knew I would have to wait another year if it didn't drop for me (last year it didn't drop for me either) and I'm not gonna pay 250 dollars for it. You can blame people for selling it for too much or blame them for buying it for too much, but I don't blame them. If a pgf dropped after I spent all that time hunting I wouldn't want to sell it for less than 200 dollars either. I understand that Larva doesn't want everyone to have dark weapons, but it's ridiculous right now imo. Making it available year round really would help the price. If it had a very low chance of dropping year round, then a better chance during Christmas I think that would be a lot better for everyone.

Adding it to the donation list would make sense too because it would take an insane amount of time to amass 1750 pds (250 dts) when events aren't on. Even if you're reasonably lucky and you play everyday it could easily take you a year or more to save up that much. I would think it would take 2800 or so hours to save up that much with events off. I would be more fine with the way things are now if pgf had been available for more than 2-3 weeks during Christmas. It should have been more like 5 to 6 weeks at a reasonable rate. If next Christmas is a repeat of last Christmas, I can only see things getting worse as far as prices go.

Edited by tru

The main point is that we are not all available at any time for events (especially christmas time).

To me, PGF being hard to obtain is not a problem. But like many people before me have said : it would be good to be able to hunt when we want to hunt (which is also dependent of a "when we can").

Even if PGF got a 1/500 or even 1/700 drop rate, it would be good as long as it is all year around.

I do not think it will fix anything (market bullshit here, market that there). That's not the real point.

A game is just about playing and having fun. I understand to make some time in the year even more interesting (halloween, christmas, etc.) but not like this.

(words before that line are barely a bad copy/paste of other posts)

Now, I'd like now to give my two cents, but there is just too much so break that spoiler free yourself :

• PGF is not the only item concerned, actually all event items are concerned imo (by the fact that people can't play whenever they want, but when they can).
  • What if some redundant items such as "Dragon Slayer", "Gae Bolg", "Cross Scar" just to mention three, and not rare items like "redria > ep1 > ultimate > Gulgus > divinity armor" where just removed (they just feel like stopgap) in order to actually have enough rooms for the "ultima only" items, which we usually found during events. Then we could found those items all year around without replacing existing drops and making them almost unobtainable.
  • Yes but, what will be the purpose of events then if we can found those items all years around ? Well events could then be used to rise the drop rate of those items to make them more easy to find.
  • However, some "small" and/or "funny" items should stay off the "all year around" list. After all, Hallow, Santa Rappies and Easter Eggs still need to have something proper to drop =)
  • Will that not going to make toooo much great items available on the server and break the market and... and.. and... ? No no, of course the drop rate should be adjusted. All year around means bad drop rate for good and very good items. It should even be almost an awful drop rate. And that's were events will prove themselves useful !
Edited by Misombre
  • Like 2

well you cant really spam DF since you need to know how to use it, a lot of people dont.

I agree pgf should be all year round, some people hunted all event and found nothing. Leave xmas for custom items/quests.

• Like 1

Agreed. Make it a year round drop or either add it to the donation list for a set period of time. Im fine with either of these ^^ hopefully we can get someone to do something about it.. >.>

well you cant really spam DF since you need to know how to use it, a lot of people dont.

I agree pgf should be all year round, some people hunted all event and found nothing. Leave xmas for custom items/quests.

lol people will spam it just like they spam DM all they want.

how about that idea someone mentioned about doing pgf twice a year. like one for like xmas and one during the summer or something. so some people that are off of school will have more time to hunt. during xmas i couldnt do anything due to work and school and family matters. so twice a year would be amazing rather than putting it on the donation list. do consider the type weapons on list though or making them available for people to be able to obtain them through quest rewards idk like ROct or max S or maBmd or something. just some thoughts

• Like 2

how about that idea someone mentioned about doing pgf twice a year. like one for like xmas and one during the summer or something. so some people that are off of school will have more time to hunt. during xmas i couldnt do anything due to work and school and family matters. so twice a year would be amazing rather than putting it on the donation list. do consider the type weapons on list though or making them available for people to be able to obtain them through quest rewards idk like ROct or max S or maBmd or something. just some thoughts

yea thats what i was talking about at first. that way dark weps will still be pretty exclusive, but there will be much more of a supply of them. which in return will lower prices. I just dont know what other event would be good to add pgf to since the rest of the events have pretty decent drops. Maybe easter? I would say halloween since nothing good at all really drops, but that would be way to close to christmas pgf event. Whatever the case, if they were to add it to another event, it would have to be one spaced out quite a bit from xmas. Easter would be the best choice if we were to go down that route imo.

• Like 1

good ideas, release more of the limited items so the few who have bought or dropped multiples cant manipulate prices so they get richer. i'm newer and had no chance at getting any of these special items.. but oh well

i was new not too long ago. i grinded my way up theres a way but you have to put in work for it. if you dont want to have nice things then you just cruise by and say you cant get good items. Or you take the easy road out and blow up your whole paycheck on buying virtual currency to buy virtual items which you will probably use for a month or so and then regret it.

oh i'm not complaining and i'm putting in work everyday and especially during the green name events, i worked for hours stacking materials so i could sell for PD's and in exchange get better gear to get me thru Ultamite mode but its still taking alot more even tho i've managed to get a MG+, Adept, Psycho Wand so far and thats really not all that strong compared to the items were talking about