Larva pls put pgf back on donation list

PGF drop  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys want PGF to be turned on year round?

4 minutes ago, cyane said:

Dark weapons is what i consider "swag" gear on pso. But we don't see any good player just using dark weps, they wouldn't last long on ROCT and harder missions just with them.

I would really appreciate to see a community effort to at least explain the new peoples the alternatives we have.

I know we can't change the fact that dark weps sound cool and come in handy but we can make new hunters good one's even without them right? >:3

we should make a day/video where we dont use ultima stuff nor dws/sta to show its possible (like dc) (doing quest such as woi, IMD, ROCT, TTF ultima, etc)

so no custom weapons

no Dark weapons

no SonicTeam Armor

no custom items of ultima such as cent/items, noob/hps

it will be still possible to do it! a little slower but you can

and 1 of each class should be used!

Hunter, Ranger & Force

just to show you can do everything without those things c: (even if it will take time!)

would be funny :D

22 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

we should make a day/video where we dont use ultima stuff nor dws/sta to show its possible (like dc) (doing quest such as woi, IMD, ROCT, TTF ultima, etc)

I'm up for doing PPP and woi tonight.  (what is IMD?)

@Nightmare2.0 A lot of people already do that every once in a while anyway. So that should not be a problem at all.

The only custom items I use are : Lindcray, Asteron Striker and Slicer of Vengeance. Also, I do not have STA or DWs and I handle any quest just fine.

Before I get a hold of the custom items quoted above, I was using Last Swan, Jizai and Diska of Braveman. The difference between those and the custom ones above is not that big (except between Jizai and Asteron Striker, but well that's not even the same kind of weapon to begin with so...).

My point is : STA and DW are a plus, not a must. I've played now almost one year without them and I can go on without. But, at a point, I will want to get one of them. And I think you can guess why without any hint.

44 minutes ago, cyane said:

Think what is really necessary is spread about the alternative weapons that replace dark weapons pretty well. Many aren't aware how good some of the gear at ultima is, and thing dark weps are going to save them on all situations.

I totally agree with that. Dark Flow especially, is extremely situational. There are alternatives too, diska of braveman for ranged AOE(risk of death included haha), which I have, TJS or MS as a sword. Of which I have one. I think that is fairly close. Swag gear, sure, but it does have it's uses, and I just want one. I don't need a reason, and I don't mind putting in a hell of a lot of work to get it. 

People should know that there are alternatives, and that although these weapons are good, they are not ideal for everything. Far from it in fact, and using them wrong can get you or others killed, or just make a run much harder. 

If I have to wait to christmas so be it, but, if I try very hard and still do not get one? Which is very possible for me. I need to play seabed on frameskip 2 for it to run well, otherwise it is very difficult. If I play on frameskip 2, the second form of Olga flow is nearly unfightable because he glitches. Not another chance to get it for a whole year, and nothing left to get for the class I enjoy to play the most. Unless of course I want to trade away everything I have to maybe have enough for one. I suppose I could always fork over more than I pay for a months rent for one. That would be my options, I know that is just my situation, but that really sucks.

That is why I think the rate should be extremely hard, so that people are more likely to seek alternatives, but if that is one of the only things left for you to get, it can still be done. 

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I'm up for doing PPP and woi tonight.  (what is IMD?)

i have more time on wednesday thursday or weekend D:

IMD should be intelligence Machine defense or somethin like that ( i think xD)

4 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@Nightmare2.0 A lot of people already do that every once in a while anyway. So that should not be a problem at all.

The only custom items I use are : Lindcray, Asteron Striker and Slicer of Vengeance. Also, I do not have STA or DWs and I handle any quest just fine.

Before I get a hold of the custom items quoted above, I was using Last Swan, Jizai and Diska of Braveman. The difference between those and the custom ones above is not that big (except between Jizai and Asteron Striker, but well that's not even the same kind of weapon to begin with so...).

My point is : STA and DW are a plus, not a must. I've played now almost one year without them and I can go on without. But, at a point, I will want to get one of them. And I think you can guess why without any hint.

yeah but alot use sta & dw too.. and i think most of then cant survive without those items.. and yeah but you still use custom weps which are really badass ;P

& gimme your SOV ! xD i need it to make my set complete xD

I don't use them every time =)

I like to play around with just only my Daylight scar, Black King Bar, Red partisan and Jizai.

Also my SoV is not for sale =p and will never be because this weapon is too good to be true ^^

4 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

i have more time on wednesday thursday or weekend D:

IMD should be intelligence Machine defense or somethin like that ( i think xD)

ah, IDS Intelligence Defense System

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misombre said:

Also my SoV is not for sale =p and will never be because this weapon is too good to be true ^^

I think we just figured out why dark weapons are over priced.

@Lemon Yes, but don't mistake "overpricing" with "will never sell". Why would I sell something I use ? Would you sell your heart or lunge ? Or, to take a perhaps better example, would you sell your house if you don't have another place to go ? Of course, that's a bad example because am talking about things we don't sell. But you're talking about DW being overpriced, and if there are overpriced, it means people are selling them. And if they sell them, they do it so that they can buy something else (or play Scrooge McDuck). So how to do they set the price ? And there you got your answer...

53 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

so no custom weapons

no Dark weapons

no SonicTeam Armor

no custom items of ultima such as cent/items, noob/hps

hi and goodbye

@ thread

This has gone Off-topic. Make PGF drop all year at a worse rate, no one wants to hunt 24/7 during christmas.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Izaya said:

hi and goodbye

@ thread

This has gone Off-topic. Make PGF drop all year at a worse rate, no one wants to hunt 24/7 during christmas.

agree as for the idea to show off how to beat stages with vanilla items only, could make a challenge out of that !

15 minutes ago, Izaya said:

hi and goodbye

@ thread

Exactly , Christmas is a crazy time of year . Everyone is super busy and this year I will have my new born baby girl due in October added to my 4 other crazy children and my super wife who lets me play this game way to much. There's so many cool items dropping at Christmas that you won't get everything 1st time round but pgf is all consuming and requires a lot of time , time which I would have most of the year but not at Christmas like ALOT of others . So are we supposed to either get extremely lucky or buy our pgf ? Currently I'm pretty much guarenteed not to get pgf again this year due to the time when it drops and I don't know if I could wait another year : ( so I think all year round drop would be perfect and definatley give myself and more people incentive to stay 

• Like 2

@Nightmare2.0 No I fully understand what you mean. However, think of how often a pd drops at 1/2000. Okay, so this would only drop from one specific monster, but there will be many of these monsters a given run. Compared to 1 chance from killing boss, this is why I say that makes it too easy. As far is not even knowing which monster, that just turns it into what might as well be a lottery. You still can't actually hunt it like that, just run around doing max attacks in every episode all the time, which hey, I have nothing against that, just doesn't seem like the ideal way to do such a thing. There would only really be a few enemies it could work well on, canabins? in mines, epsilons,  maybe girtiblublus, anything else I can garuntee you'd be seeing regular banners. My entire point, is that if someone wants to try extremely hard to get it they can still do it outside of event, what you suggest is just some random reward for playing. 

Also in regards to doing it without dark weapons and sta, I do that everytime I play tower. I think only server custom I use is asteron striker for that nice rifle range, I do use cent battle now, but I had to be playing tower to get it in the first place. ROCT is managable without those things, and a lot of people do it regularly haha

That said, Izaya, 2p is still pretty damn right hahaha

Edited by Justin Noble