How to change in-game weapon sounds

djij2010

300th post

Ok im going to show you how to change the in-game sounds.

(There isn't a tutorial anywhere that I can find on how to do this)

I will be just covering the general sounds of the game but this method can be used to change map sfx also.

Before you start you need this tool:

PAC Manager #1 (Direct)

PAC Manager #2 (MegaUpload)

Now you need to get the file that holds the sounds. This file is called "common.pac".

It is located in your pso directory under Data>sound, when you have found this file copy and paste it to your desktop.

(Also backup this file incase you decide to make a mess of it xD)

Now you have a copy of this file you need to open PAC Manager

You will now have this window open:

16lahav.jpg

It will be in french when you first open it but just click the language tab and change it to english

Now you need to open the file you placed on the desktop, click File>Open and select your common.pac file

Now you will see this:

2u8fga1.jpg

These are all the sounds, you can double click on them to play them.

When you have found the sound you wish to change select it and export it by clicking the tab Sound>Export

2nm12lt.jpg

2wqhpo8.jpg

It will be saved as .Wav

Now with this file you can either edit it with a program of your choice (I personaly use either Nero wave editor or Audacity)

or you can import one of the sounds that are already contained in the "common.pac" file.

(You need to export the one you wish to change it to also)

I must add you cannot add a file bigger then the original file otherwise you will just get a error and pso will crash!

(This does narrow down what sounds you can use but there is nothing that can be done about it due to the coding of the game)

To import the file you have edited or chosen back into the .pac file you need to select the file you wish to change then click the tab sound>import

35m45td.jpg

And select you edited/swapped sound.

ve0d3.jpg

Now you have done this save it by going to File>Save

2z7g5dt.jpg

8vqdmp.jpg

Then you can replace your common.pac in your PSOBB install with the one on your desktop and when you start your game the sounds should be changed =D

Happy editing!

Edited by djij2010
  • Like 9

lol I would, but knowing my luck I wouldn't crash myself but the whole server...

But thanks for the food for thought XD!

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

lol Rep from the bossman himself! I'm honored :onion-head41: But yeah Dj you're the one who actually knows what you're doing with this, replace a few sounds, record it and show us. That way I know I'll be less likely to crash anything XD

• 4 months later...

Sorry to open an old topic but really need help with this one

i have followed the instructions above but i cannot get 2 sounds to play in order at the end of the round

the actions show and are in order but it will not play both sounds one after the other

any help??

Download Thriller movies

Economics ebooks for downloads

• 11 months later...