Valentine's Event - 2016

Cyane

I just don't get that, is that sometime you find a 800 one, and sometime 1200. A range of possible atp. Or does it change when you fight, like sometime the bullet will hit at 1100. Does it have depend on beat time ? I personally use it and never saw it change, it's always 1200 atp.

And I was wondering why using a gun skin for a weapon which is a sword originally (in pso2). It would have be fun to have a sword like with rifle range =D (and perhaps saber animation)

As tru said, when you attack the game will pick a random number between 800 and 1200 and use that number as your atp in the damage calculation, so the average damage you do will be equivalent to a 1000 atp weapon. Most weapon atp variables in the game are fairly small, between like 10 and 50 usually (the aforementioned meteor cudgel is among the highest variables, I think second only to toy hammer), and this is what makes weapons able to hit slightly different numbers on each attack. If you use a weapon with no variable like a psycho raven or a doublecannon, they always hit the exact same damage number on the monster with every attack (disregarding crits of course).

Even though shifta affects your weapon's atp variable in addition to your base atp, it's important to note that shifta bonus will not affect the minimum still. A Lindcray will appear to have 1391 atp with 30 shifta on, but it will still pick a random number between 800 and 1391 for it's damage calculation, making the average damage be like a 1095.5 atp weapon. Even with 81 Shifta, while Lindcray would appear to have 1656 atp, it would still use the minimum as 800 and pick a number between 800 and 1656 (1228 average) for the atp in the damage calculation.

A high atp variable means the weapon gets an extra boost from shifta, but it also makes its damage very inconsistent. While the weapon technically has the potential to be extremely strong, you should definitely consider that the actual average damage is different than what the shown stats imply.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

So I choose good stats for lindcray or what.? I kinda feel the ATP it's too high for fomars but cyan and kajex insisted with the ATP so I decided to add the range variable to make it more fare.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Lindcray's stats are just fine, though the big range is indeed odd, but not 'that' bad.

However I would have rather Lindcray being a sword skin and animation =/ (keeping the range of rifle, would have been fun to see in action)

• Like 1

Nice :D Can't wait to see which weapon is that xD.

Now I gotta go find SOV soon :V Give me luck :D

I think Cyane is referring to Lindcray. (Which is an amazing well designed weapon imo).

Edited by tru

So I choose good stats for lindcray or what.? I kinda feel the ATP it's too high for fomars but cyan and kajex insisted with the ATP so I decided to add the range variable to make it more fare.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Fomar and fonewm don't have any other good guns to use at all. Now they actually have a gun to use, and it boosts resta/anti too which they really really needed. The high atp is not an issue since forces have such low atp anyway, they sometimes need weapons with high atp just to get past the monster's defenses at all. This gun is well placed to help round out the classes that are a bit weaker.

It's perfectly fine to have high atp weapons for classes with low base atp, it doesn't make it too strong at all, they don't have the high atp of a humar/hucast/racast/etc. to cause any issues. It works out really well with it's current stats, classes (those that really needed it), and special (good but not infinite), despite the joke name it's a really nice addition to the game.

• Like 4

Lindcray being a sword skin and animation =/ (keeping the range of rifle, would have been fun to see in action)

Lol ... I'm just picturing that, a sword with rifle range. That would be so insane even though there is probably a limit on how many targets a sword can strike.

• Like 1

That might have work too.

Well am not even asking something that great. I mean, Lindcray can still be a riffle type, just give it a sword skin but not the multi target thing. Basically, it's just for the pleasure of my sick eyes, nothing would change in the game play. (I don't want it to be a DF bis)

But instead of normal bullet photon, a slicer photon animation would have been more interesting.

Like : a spirit rifle in the core (damage, atp, range, one target), a sword as skin, and slicer for attack visual animation (once again, not the multi target property of slicers, just the visual).

I don't even know if it's doable, but I assume it must be.