Valentine's Event - 2016

Cyane

Problem is: For Ranger, the event is not really interesting.

I don't care about a powerful weapon, but at least, having something to hunt....

The weapon we got are just meh, seriously.

When I think to all the damn weapons we can add, I think those are just blank, sorry Ultima, but the time of super great designed stuff like virus shield vol opt are far away..... :(

Virus Shield:Vol Opt is a mage shield (20% gi- boost) and a fairly underwhelming event item, so that's a very strange one to bring up. Rangers have already gotten lots of great items in other events before, so much so that people would complain that rangers have all the best and coolest gear. Rangers do still have several drops they can go for in this event, there are all the Rianov Rifles and Slicer of Vengeance and even Rico's Parasol is a strong weapon even without the boosts that a ramar/ramarl can make use of, as well as the very useful Dress Plate armor (great for any ranger wanting to do tower). Also, just because an event is on doesn't mean one can't hunt anything but those event items. Events add extra stuff, it doesn't prevent one from hunting other things (nobody has "finished" the game, there's always something else left to hunt). If people want to level up in CCA to take advantage of the x5 exp they can do that as much as they want, the event doesn't force people to hunt the special drops, the special drops are just extra post-endgame content for players if they choose to go for it. Also, the notion of getting 40 different unique weapons/gear designed, tested, skinned, approved, and put into the game for a single event is a ludicrous pipe dream, no server has ever done an event that big(not even counting adding new quests / minigames too on top of that). They actually have had a mini-event for skinning new weapons, and there was not any "big art" shown, there were actually almost no entries at all. If you are angry at the Ultima Staff for doing too little, then I think you are sorely misguided, they put in an excessive amount of volunteer work to make this event possible. This event has been in the works for a long time, and I for one am grateful for how much has been done for this event.

• Like 7

If you are angry at the Ultima Staff for doing too little, then I think you are sorely misguided, they put in an excessive amount of volunteer work to make this event possible. This event has been in the works for a long time, and I for one am grateful for how much has been done for this event.

4346097+_5108f50fc337816393682569d6868bc

Edited by Dashie IOW

So Lindcray is like :

~1339 ATP

75 ATA

27 DEF

(if I didn't make any mistake)

Sounds great like this ! Especially with the spirit special.

Actually you made one : you didn't take into account that Shifta/Deband affect the ATP and DEF gain variation from stuff.

Edited by r-78

Indeed I forgot that shifta/deband are not a fixed bonus...

Well, it would have been easier in the first place to take the screenshot without s/d T-T

Or even better, to simply make the calculation beforehand and serve it on a plate all done (so that poor myself with bad eyes wouldn't make such silly mistakes).

What an ungrateful sentiment. You should be happy that Larva and the GMs even give a shit about giving us updates like this. I, and I'm sure many others would be happy with just the vanilla game. Don't like it? Go and make your own server.

Sorry meant to give you good rep on this

Bluefull Ult Love Rappy also drops the Login Cane weapon.

And if anyone was curious about what LOGiN looks like, or what its stats are:

It's a cute little magazine!

iyAuONz.jpg

Stats: +5 ATP. +25 ATA. (not sure about class restrictions.)

YIpqKt2.jpg

Edited by Tera
  • Like 3

i will be trying to see if falz drops anything with red, if anyone wants to pitch in by trying another id besides skyly, purple, and red, then maybe we can find some these event items quicker.

Edited by makaveli