FOnewearl vs FOnewm maximum damage comparison

This is how how FOnewearl and FOnewm compare with the best possible gear and stats.

Resta

1120 vs 995 (HP recovered)

FOnewearl 11% stronger

Foie (Glide Divine v.00, Ignition Cloak and Foie Merge)

1620 vs 1387

FOnewearl 14% stronger

Gifoie (Magical Piece, Ignition Cloak and Gifoie Merge)

579 vs 626

FOnewm 8% stronger

Rafoie (Psycho Bridge, Ignition Cloak and Hylian Shield)

916 vs 928

FOnewm 1% stronger

Zonde (Glide Divine v.00, Tempest Cloak and Zonde Merge)

372 vs 307

FOnewearl 17% stronger

Gibarta (Siren Glass Hammer, Congeal Cloak and Gibarta Merge)

22 vs 24

FOnewm 8% stronger

Rabarta (Psycho Bridge, Congeal Cloak and Rabarta Merge)

25 vs 26

FOnewm 4% stronger

Grants (Dark Bridge, Mother Garb + and Hylian Shield)

1397 vs 1327

FOnewearl 5% stronger

• Like 11

Often times its best to not attack and let the HUs and RAs do the damage. Better to just zalure and some monsters Jellen, resta is great to but not always with HUs. Also should check out demons for your FOnewearls which generally is much better to use in games :) Techs are usually just DMC anyway but this is still a pretty cool comparison

• Like 1

It would be wonderful if the enemies resistances were reworked across the board. a fo with top gear should be up there doing good damage like every other class with top gear.

Edited by ultrajerky

This is awesome! Great work Midori. I was planning on doing a comparison like this.

I was actually gonna do an average of all the monsters in ep4 since that's where you're mainly using techs anyways. Like all the monsters in M4ADMD between FOnewearl and FOnewm max mst+best gear (hylian+PB+Glide 00+Dark Bridge) to see which class does more damage where it matters I guess.

Edited by tru

Nicely done Midori. Thank you.

What also would be interesting is if more damage always equals lesser numbers of tech used to kill an enemy. It that is not the case in most situations, I would say they are pretty equal... except when it comes to resta of course.

I've always said that foney is basically just at good at nuking as fonewm is for good reason. However, you need to do the tests when it's actually a monster's weakness and does a significant amount of damage. When the numbers are low like they are for your gibarta/rabarta, then the rounding alters the amount more than just a bit. Fonewm does a lot more than 4% more damage with rabarta than fonewearl does against an enemy actually weak to barta; on a normal booma with 30 rabarta no rabarta tech boosting gear its 358 vs 423 damage on rabarta (~18.16%), and that's not even a good ideal test with a monster actually weak to ice. If you have really low numbers, then you won't get an accurate result, the higher your numbers the more accurate the calculation will be.

And as Incider rightly points out, the damage number difference isn't as much of a deal as the number of spellcasts to kill a monster; if it takes 5 spellcasts to kill for both they are relatively equal in strength, but if one only takes 4 spellcasts and the other is 5, then it's effectively 25% stronger than the other, it really smooths things out. That kind of extensive testing is definitely not necessary though. This is just an aside to clarify that larger numbers shouldn't always be interpreted as more power.

• Like 2

Another factor that not directly has to do with strength and power is casting speed. When you solo, stunlocking an enemy is sometimes more important than the actual damage you do. It could help you clear a room faster (and survive) because you don't have to dodge and/or move around. So when it comes to efficiency I believe there are many variables to take into consideration. For example, I choose to go barehanded into certain rooms because I know my FOnewn will stunlock the enemies doing so, while using a wand, rod, or cane would not.

Interesting discussion though.

This is great Midori, but if I had to choose obviously I would go for fonewm (seeing as I have 3 of these LOL)

Also I would like to point out that Fonewms have a high FCR than a Fonewearal when using a pwand or any type of rod base weapon and a Fonewearal has a higher FCR with wands and canes that a fonewm.

I like Fonewms but its always nice having a either of these classes in your party, or any force for that matter. :)

Great Job Midori.

I've always said that foney is basically just at good at nuking as fonewm is for good reason. However, you need to do the tests when it's actually a monster's weakness and does a significant amount of damage. When the numbers are low like they are for your gibarta/rabarta, then the rounding alters the amount more than just a bit. Fonewm does a lot more than 4% more damage with rabarta than fonewearl does against an enemy actually weak to barta; on a normal booma with 30 rabarta no rabarta tech boosting gear its 358 vs 423 damage on rabarta (~18.16%), and that's not even a good ideal test with a monster actually weak to ice. If you have really low numbers, then you won't get an accurate result, the higher your numbers the more accurate the calculation will be.

And as Incider rightly points out, the damage number difference isn't as much of a deal as the number of spellcasts to kill a monster; if it takes 5 spellcasts to kill for both they are relatively equal in strength, but if one only takes 4 spellcasts and the other is 5, then it's effectively 25% stronger than the other, it really smooths things out. That kind of extensive testing is definitely not necessary though. This is just an aside to clarify that larger numbers shouldn't always be interpreted as more power.

Many good points. If there exists a maxed out FOnewm with all of the various tech boosting gear, PM me and we can re-do some of these tests on enemies with that weakness, and also compare how many hits it takes to kill certain enemies.