HUnewearl or HUcaseal

hey everyone :3 i cant choose what one i want to play more :x i like both for there perks i.e HUcaseal for really good dagger and sword attack animations and higher ATA of the HU class but on the other hand the support force in me wants to play HUnewearl for spells and the fact i am not the best hunter and i will get hit a lot x3 so i am not sure what to pick :x IDs i will get be red and yellow for my HUnewearl and IDs on HUcaseal are red again and purple...if anyone has a idea of what class gets good hunter gear please let me know x3

• Like 1

The high ATA of hucaseal is sure a really good thing.

I would personally consider things like that :

If you're playing all alone, no dual log -> choose Hunewearl

If you're playing with people or you can/want dual log -> choose hucaseal (notice: dual log is actually not a good point, for it's a pain in the ass to handle and you'd better just play with people or just with one character at the time. Or perhaps am just not good with the stress of having two characters ^^)

The reasons :

Hunewearl : have shifta/deband up to lv 20 AND jellen/zalure up to lv 20. This is really great when you're solo, because when applying buff/debuff, you can handle everything by yourself (most of time of course) with average stuff. Moreover, you got resta which is very useful to avoid piping to town every time you run out of dimate/trimate

Hucaseal : have more ATP, have more ATA... and have TRAPS which is overgreat. So if you can have a hunewearl or a FO to heal you and more importantly to buff you and debuff monster... Hucaseal is actually a better choice than Hunewearl in that case.

Was my two cents, and it's very discutable but I think you got the main points. (Then there is the skin or appearance, and the weapon animations/restrictions of course.) At the end it's all about your personal tastes ^^

• Like 2

By the way, I talked about playing alone or playing with people...

If you want to play alone, there is actually a question to ask yourself (like, how the hell am I gonna make it works ?).

But if you're playing mainly with people, then either Hucaseal or Hunewearl is fine.

I basically said a silly thing such as : playing with team -> pick hucaseal

Now you may also consider the kind of people with whom you play :
-If there is at least one FO in every game... well, your s/d j/z and resta will be pretty much useless.
-If you're playing with casts (hucast, racast by example), then Hunewearl is a great choice and you're just like a God to them.

So when I talked about picking hucaseal when playing with people... I only considered accuracy (ATA), power and traps based on the
fact that you will probably have a FO in the team anyway.

But that is not true, sometime, the FO is just... you. So once again it depends what you want to play (tastes and colors).

I would make a rough big picture like :
Hunewearl :
- Alone : great potential
- Team : support (so ok, here the sue's coat with that supposed double resta range is great, assuming there is no flowers, but that's it)

Hucaseal :
- Alone : dangerous, slow and sometime frustrating (depend on the quest and stuff, you can also rox like a mighty pony, but am considering average stuff and hard quests)
- Team : carry/dps

Now about stuff... well have been first playing with a Hunewearl, then I went with a hucaseal (because I needed a new ID, not because I didn't like hunewearl).

I basically gave all of my stuff from hunewearl to hucaseal and it worked just fine (for the main, very useful stuff).

Only noticed a few differences at low level, like Lieutenant Mantle cannot be equiped by Hucaseal (but Black Hound Cuirass works just fine after lvl 121) and the Aura Field which also cannot be equiped by Hucaseal (but you got the BOVN). And of course there is the awesome Sue's Coat for both character later on.

So don't worry about stuff thing.

Edited by Misombre

I can't really cover anything else gameplay wise since it's all pretty much been covered by the responses before mine. However, if you want to have more fun playing, I'd go with the HUcaseal. HUnewearl was the first character I ever played in Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast, and to be quite honest, she really got boring the more I played her. I actually did play the game with friends in the same room at the time, and she really never felt like anything more than a support character. One of my buddies actually played as a HUmar and he was racking up significantly more damage than I was, which I found to be disheartening.

Now the HUcaseal is a character I actually enjoy playing, and would argue is the best Hunter to play as in this game. Great ATP, great ATA for a Hunter, nice EVP, and really awesome weapon animations. She's kinda like a more badass HUcast that actually has the ATA to hit things. Of course the fact that she has traps is a bonus as well. I will admit that she's kind of a pain to solo with, but I'd argue that all of the Hunters are. If you really care about making a character you want to solo with, you should skip the HUnewearl entirely and go with a RAmarl instead.

Just my two cents, but you will probably have a more fun and enjoyable experience as a Hucaseal.

Edited by Master Debaytes

HUNEWEARL + Sues coat = Right choice.

Yes Hucaseal can use Sues coat but its supposed to double resta range too :-)

Actually no. Sue's coat does not boost any techs. Hunewearl is better off using Kroe's Sweater for the extra ata imo, without it her ata is basically the same as a humar. Sue's is more useful on Hucaseal because she already has tons of ata already and the extra atp puts her quite high overall.

Hucaseal has a lot of advantages that Hunewearl does not have. The only major thing that huney gets is 20 techs and the ability to use flowens 3084's spirit, but her stats overall are pretty mediocre, and as a newman her stat growth is pretty terrible. Hucaseal has really good stats overall, being 4th highest atp (behind racast and humar by 49 and 96 atp), ridiculously high ata (only 6 points behind racast), and is 3rd highest evp, but has relatively low dfp. Sue's Coat and Kroe's Sweater give her some really nice boosts for her already high stats to push her over other classes.

Hucaseal also has access to Dual Birds, which is a pretty big advantage over hunewearl; while not as strong as psycho ravens, it's a very good for a high atp mechgun with extended range. The lack of strong mechs for hunewearl is one of her bigger drawbacks.

The other really big advantage is traps. Traps are pretty important on hunter since you really have to get into the action a lot, and hunewearl has very little way to cc enemies; hucaseal gets freeze traps and is much better at using red sword with her high ata and the cast bonus to paralyze in ultimate.

With regards to animations, hunewearl has a unique claw animation that is very good but there are very few good claw weapons. Hucaseal has a lot of really good animations, with daggers, doublesabers, twin swords (huney also has this one) animations being notably good (swords and handguns feel really fast on hucaseal too but I haven't confirmed anything; though I can often destroy floor traps with handgun before they hit me).

Purple, Red, and Yellow are all good ids; Purple is a strong id with many useful drops like frozen shooter, sacred cloth, psycho wand, baranz parts, spread needle, c-bringers arm, guardianna, mahu, branch of pakupaku (hard red slime) panzer faust, yasminkov9000 (only id that gets as a drop), attribute wall, slicer of fanatic, heaven striker, gal wind, yasminkov7000 (not ideal drop), Swordsman Lore, Clio (kondy), Rage de Feu, Glide Divine(vhard), Ophelie Seize (vhard), v101(vhard), God/Mind(vhard), and Heavenly/Arm(vhard eclair). Filler drop is L&K14Combat.

Yellow gets every enemy part possible, along with several other notable drops like Flowen's 3084 (only on yellow), Zanba (best on yellow), yasminkov7000 (best on yellow), branch of pakupaku(vhard al rappy), cure/confuse, cure/shock, s-red's arms, Spirit Garment, v101(vhard and ult), Heavenly/Battle(vhard), Sange, Frozen Shooter, Red Sword(worst drop from melqueek), Baranz Parts, Spread Needle, meteor cudgel, smoking plate, holy ray, mahu, monkey king bar(not ideal drop), Gal Wind, Yamigarasu, Kroe's Sweater (only id with year-round drop, ult eclair 1/113), v502 (kondy), Heavenly/Arms (ult merissa aa), and Heaven Striker.

Red is an decent id, getting things like Addslots (normal ep 2 hildeblue/NarLily 7/8), cure/shock(vhard hildeblue), Three Seals(vhard), Attribute Wall(vhard), v801(vhard and ult pazuzu), Glide Divine(vhard), Red Handgun, Demolition Comet, Monkey King Bar(best drop), Red Sword(worst drop from melqueek), Lavis Cannon(only id with good drop), Spread Needle(best rate from ChaosBringers), Meteor Cudgel, Magic Stone Irtista, Panzer Faust, Gal Wind, Heaven Striker, Wedding Dress (shamby), and Limiter(kondy).

Probably left out some drops from there, but should give you an idea what sorts of things are on those ids.

• Like 4

hmmmm.....purple ID sounds really good to me and i know the HUcaseal has good attacks cause i only played her on C-mode if i had to play hunter cause HUcast lack ATA annoys the hell out of me :P but what everyone is saying HUcaseal is going to be my best pick with the purple ID will be the best thing i can pick :3 so thanks everyone :3

• Like 1

It honestly depends on your place style. My Hucassie honestly relies on just decimating enemies before they can get near her, dodging their attacks, taking as little damage as possible and relying on her high ATA to put out as much damage as possible without missing. Hunney doesnt really have that advantage, so I try to rely on the fact that I have pretty much infinite heals and close in on enemies. I use a lot of weapons that have spirit on berserk on her so she can hit those high values quickly, but ultimately shes just not gonna be as good as Hucassie at dealing damage. Hunney is pretty much made to abuse her magic, a real battle sorcerer. But again, it really is up to you