Get a random error every time I try to ROCT

Whenever I start the quest, it loads fine and the dialogue is fine, but when I get into the Tower I get an error that says, "The use of techniques is disallowed on Pioneer 2" and then it quits the game. Changed my ID almost solely for items that drop in ROCT (WD/Pwand) and it's pretty annoying that I can't even play the quest. Anybody know any details on how to fix it? Or does anybody else have the problem?

I've sometimes seen this happen if i am skipping the text too fast, such as with a turbo controller. Perhaps the game thinks it's casting techs if the button gets hit at a certain point after the text is finished and start warping, but still thinks you are in p2.

This. Don't use your turbo enter button to skip the dialogue for RoCT.

I've sometimes seen this happen if i am skipping the text too fast, such as with a turbo controller. Perhaps the game thinks it's casting techs if the button gets hit at a certain point after the text is finished and start warping, but still thinks you are in p2.

I tried skipping text slower and also unbound my rafoie from where it would have normally casted (probably did nothing, but just in case) and that worked just fine. Thank you everyone!