Time Attack Leaderboard

TA leaderboard  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should this server have a time attack leaderboard

• Yes
    • No

I have had leader-boards in mind way long before Soda even opened his server, however it has never been a priority for me.

And what you put in the first post is misleading (all the hate to us) Shoutgu, do you remember the PM you sent me asking to implement this so you and wilson could make and event, and also if we GMs or well the server could give out rewards.. ? ... I turned that down for 2 reasons, if that was the case, I'd ask Larva for the server to make such an event, after all we'd be making the leader boards and we would be giving out the rewards and second as I already said, is not a priority atm.

Yes me and wilson did plan on making a TA event, but then i realised a leaderboard would be better for long-term purposes. There doesnt have to be rewards given out for the leaderboards.

You didn't but Shoutgu named you.

Anyway.. with the last maintenance, I did a few things that enabled us to make any kind of leader-board although time attack won't be the first one...

I'd definitely hear which ones you guys want in. (Won't be instantly but I can start working on them)

I think the poll clearly shows what we as a community want, as long as there is development going on

The poll only asks for TA leader-boards...but probably the first thing I'll code is monsters killed. that's what I am talking about

thats a good start i guess but ill talk to you more about the details through pm

I think the lack of attention people pay to the time attack threads shows just how much interest there really is in having a leaderboard. It's just not worth it unless the community gets a lot more active on those threads. Whats the point of a leaderboard if there is only going to be a handful of submissions? We should just stick to the threads for now, like this one ( http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/10080-sylphs-time-attack-records/).

• Like 1

I think the lack of attention people pay to the time attack threads shows just how much interest there really is in having a leaderboard. It's just not worth it unless the community gets a lot more active on those threads. Whats the point of a leaderboard if there is only going to be a handful of submissions? We should just stick to the threads for now, like this one ( http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/10080-sylphs-time-attack-records/).

Well, Soly already stated that he is already working on a leader-board so we just need to wait now. I will say once again, the poll clearly shows that people want a leader-board. Also people would prefer to see a rank type leaderboard rather than a thread that will get outdated

It's not so bad that this is not possible right now. We have the TA forums which is good enough. At least the idea was brought to larva.

Ok Soly, if you make sure the TA times are saved per user/quest in the db I'll make the data fetching code and the frontend webpage.

Perhaps we can have the leaderboards reset every 3 months or so to give everyone motivation to give it a try.

• Like 2

Ok Soly, if you make sure the TA times are saved per user/quest in the db I'll make the data fetching code and the frontend webpage.

Perhaps we can have the leaderboards reset every 3 months or so to give everyone motivation to give it a try.

It's pretty much all the quests with a timer, if you want a list i can give you one. This sounds promising. Thanks chuk

It's pretty much all the quests with a timer, if you want a list i can give you one. This sounds promising. Thanks chuk

Go for it, all help is welcome and will save us some time too.

I don't think "any quest with a timer" can be done... the timer in quests is part of the quest and AFAIK is not synchronized to the server AND not sure if it can be synchronized anyway.

For sure could do it starting a timer server side when you reach the area where the quests begins but even then might not be possible... keep that in mind.

Btw, with the latest issues that we have had I haven't been able to do anything.

Anyway heres the list i promised:

Maximum Attack 4th Stage A (Ep1,2,4)

Maximum Attack 4th Stage B (Ep1,2,4)

Maximum Attack 4th Stage C (Ep1,2,4)

MAXIMUM ATTACK 1V2 (Ep1) & MAXIMUM ATTACK 2V2 (Ep2)

Mop Up Operation (1-4 Ep1) & New Mop Up Operation (1-5 Ep4)

Towards the Future (Ep1)

Maximum Attack S (Ep2)

ROCT (Ep2)

Gal Da Val Darkness (Ep2)

Respective Tomorrow (Ep2)

Maximum Attack 4 DMD (Ep4)

MAXIMUM ATTACK 3 Ver2 (Ep4)

Point of Disaster (Ep4)

Realms of War (Ep4)

This should be all of them, please correct me if i have forgotten anything. As i said above, i would like to know which are possible and which arent