Game Crashes after 30 minutes only when using controller

Hey all, I've played PSO a lot on the GC before I came to here with my friend. With over 300 hours on the GC, I feel more comfortable using the controller than the keyboard with this game. I've used my PS4 controller in the past to play games on the computer so I plugged mine in and started playing. The issue occurs only after playing for about 25-30 minutes. My screen goes black and all sound stops. When I move my mouse the screen comes back and I'm greeted with an error message that is garbled with an 'okay' button. If I press the 'okay' button, the sound effect is from the game, but then the game quits. I'll see if I can't attach a picture of what it looks like.

It won't let me post the picture here, but I believe I made it so that you can view the image with this link: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/g98XP9MXSonqgqZN22daGvCzusHDkfibAgIxdivKAv0Pk9eUNUWQuAoqoi2TzeYnavxFqNtadLeis_suZNNvDYh1lqDwTC3iOvpWKprjedXquaIPxZZmRkmETL2U12cKu086TAh0W-nRzIb8E2Zb9Tm329nSkZ2mC9QaVaz00n5DSc9u-sZ8xex2i00Qv34_h1wFSA7GVTZyLopNSndZvRnpgJxRNI6dn5cE2BB9zQemP7MfmIceFvVX2N7OVxnCQIKcV72RuUHu0xk8Ar4z5uWwpX2PtdTesxa5KlIP-BIiaZ24XkNUnouh-4Ma09XIbzGOXOw3yOnu2HGU2xonZxXdruEJkLHrAAVvXPZwvOj8zjL_Rdx1fWNFi_sKk3syK2_tZnJ_6UWSujuQ-z_poEIHaE8uQvZ18G_wWIIXUVlIzsKsyyGcb3oEtCzgY8_2G08cOGSq-x4WEdUVpKM8bbvBS-qohz85n17mP2M1p4zOguaX2EzyEoxbzy_PXO0Nqh1DbyqZPEycQ0F5a3XofCsLjxQZaLkz8DYmivT9BHqQc29SFAnkfTT6zODuH-r43A8=w1199-h925-no

Anybody else run into this problem? I'm running on windows 10 right now and it works just fine when I'm using my keyboard. I'd just prefer to use the controller is all.

-Keitaro Nakata, the Fire Centenial

That's the message you get when UAC dims your desktop and also according to Tofuman, pso bitches (sometimes?) when something else wants to make use of directX.

- If you disconnect your control during gameplay does it happen?

- Which app are you using for the PS4 control to work on PSO?

That might give you some light on it.

Could it be you are using motionjoy? It is known to be somewhat unstable with PSO, especially when a disconnection occurs.

There is a better drive to use (or at least for PS3 Controllers, not sure about PS4 ) http://playstation-controller-driver-for-64bit-windows.en.lo4d.com/

• Like 1

I have tried this with my PS4 controller, using windows 10 and no other software as the OS just picked up the controller.

I didn't get the error message you did, but I did get the screens to turn off after 10 minutes.

I realized that I have my screens goto sleep after 10 minutes.

EDIT: forgot to mention that my music doesn't stop either like yours does Keitaro.

I don't have this problem with the xbox one mini controller that I have been using.

Keitaro, did you do an upgrade to windows 10 or is this from a fresh install, or new computer.

Wondering if this is from something else that is trying to do something after that set time.

Something like Soly is stating.

You might also want to see if you have your computer or your monitors goto sleep or turn off after the 30 minute mark.

Might be something that windows is trying to turn off or sleep and then is interrupted by something from the controller.

Edited by lordakuma