Section ID shirt I (had) made

lilibat

I haven't done any research and have a fairly naïve understanding of how this stuff works, but I believe if you produced it yourself it's okay (even though you're basically copying their designs/assets). Also PSO originally came out in 2000 (~16 years ago), so their patent (if they even filed for one) would probably be expired.

I have a few IP lawyer friends I could ask about this stuff and see what they say, but I'd also be willing to err on the side of "bigger fish to fry" and say it's not even worth Sega's time to prosecute this. If they aren't suing people for running their own server, why would they about a few t-shirts?

I doubt a big company like SEGA would be sloppy with their patent and trademark renewals. Especially in economically big countries.

• Like 1

Isn't there a limit on the number of times you can renew a patent? I thought you were only protected for like 10 years. I'd err on the side of caution and only distribute the design and have people make their own through a custom t-shirt company or something.

Isn't there a limit on the number of times you can renew a patent? I thought you were only protected for like 10 years. I'd err on the side of caution and only distribute the design and have people make their own through a custom t-shirt company or something.

No, you can renew it as long as you can prove that you still use it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For my next trick I think I'm going to make print fabric of DF's twisted ground faces at spoonflower and make a skirt out of them. It's very Hieronymous Bosch.

• 1 year later...
Don't listed to cyane!!
I'd buy a few of them [emoji3]
I'd definitely buy Pruplenum and I think Team Sliders would buy a few, any updates on this thread?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Kanue said:

I'd definitely buy Pruplenum and I think Team Sliders would buy a few, any updates on this thread?

Just take the image to a shop that does t-shirt printing.

ID and PB Images:

Just take the image to a shop that does t-shirt printing.
ID and PB Images:

Definitely could be done on an individual basis, just wondering if there was any further thoughts of it going towards fundraising for the server.

2 hours ago, Kanue said:

Definitely could be done on an individual basis, just wondering if there was any further thoughts of it going towards fundraising for the server.

We technically don't own the copyright on the images, so it'd be opening us up for a lawsuit (though we do quite a bit of that already I guess).

We technically don't own the copyright on the images, so it'd be opening us up for a lawsuit (though we do quite a bit of that already I guess).
Bummer. What about a hand drawn rendering of the image? Would that still be copywritten you think?