Section ID shirt I (had) made

lilibat

Does this count as fan art? No idea but about a month before I started playing here I got into Illustrator and made a huge, cleaned up version of my original section Id Pinkal. Then I had it screened onto a shirt. I think one of the reasons I actually HAD to play PSO again was I kept wearing the damn thing.

pinkal.JPG

Now I am thinking about some for other id's probably starting with purplenum.

• Like 9

Link is broken D:

That or my work blocked off the image host.

Edited by chuk
  • Like 1

This is actually a really good idea, if not as a fundraiser for the server then as a way to make a little cash on the side. I feel like a lot of people would wear this if the shirts were decent quality (myself included).

I just did it through redbubble. So far it's held up through quite a few wearings and washings. I am going to do a purplenum one sometime this month I think. I wouldn't sell them because I wouldn't want copyright aggro but with that file Cyane posted people shopuld be able to make their own through one of those services easily. All mine are going to be on a black shirt because I pretty much only wear black but it would be fun to make your shirt the colours of your main's costume then have the section id on it I think.

I haven't done any research and have a fairly naïve understanding of how this stuff works, but I believe if you produced it yourself it's okay (even though you're basically copying their designs/assets). Also PSO originally came out in 2000 (~16 years ago), so their patent (if they even filed for one) would probably be expired.

I have a few IP lawyer friends I could ask about this stuff and see what they say, but I'd also be willing to err on the side of "bigger fish to fry" and say it's not even worth Sega's time to prosecute this. If they aren't suing people for running their own server, why would they about a few t-shirts?