Weak

Angeldust

I'm waiting for the day when people finally realize there is a reason PSO has more than like 500 weapons and not just the 3 Dark Weapons. If you can't be strong without the use of a Dark Weapon, it's because you're a scrub and you don't understand how the game works.

You raise your character correctly, you feed your mag correctly, you learn your character's strengths and weaknesses, you learn the enemy's attack patterns, when to attack, when to fall back and run, when to dodge, when you can't dodge, where to be and where not to be. You learn the maps, know where to go, whats the fastest way there, whats the safest way, what enemies NEED to be killed, which ones DON'T. It's understanding the game.

If you properly raise a character, say a HUcast for example, he can make a Diska of Braveman deadly even on ultimate difficulty. You don't need to be super strong to hunt a DoB, now do you? There are loads of weapons that work well just with HUcast alone, Vjaya is one of the most damaging weapons in the game with it's charge attack, Daylight Scar actually has one of the highest damage per second rates in the game for a melee weapon; neither of these is hard to find. Hunt one with hit and then the rest is left up to skill, you learn when to attack and when to dodge so that you don't leave yourself open, and you can literally take down ANY boss in this game with just those two weapons alone.

Also PSO is a game that can have up to 4 players in a room, say you meet a friend who is a Force; that alone takes half of your load away. Now this FO can boost your attack power, heal you when you make mistakes, and make enemies easier to kill by debuffing them, not to mention any extra damage they put in while you fight. worst case scenario, this FO is drawing half of the enemy's fire away from you.

There are so many ways to exploit this game to attain power without going on crazy hunts. One way, going back, raising your mag is one of the BEST ways to achieve a high power early on; ironically mags are often the most neglected piece of equipment a player has. Mags don't have an equip requirement, so any character level 1-200 can wear one. All you have to do is have the patience to raise the darn thing. When I first came to PSO ultima, before I even went into hard difficulty, I roamed normal difficulty finding things to feed my mag and using mag guides so by the time I was level 20, my mag was level 200 and I could DESTROY anything hard difficulty and up had to throw at me. I didn't have super strong weapons, but my mag had my back. And yet, I've seen characters level 150+ walking around on Ultimate Difficulty with a neglected Kalki or some other form of underpowered mag and they don't understand why they can't deal any damage.

ULTIMA server makes PSO about as easy as you're ever gonna get it to be powerful in a short amount of time. Right now, with the Xmas Event active, you have 5x exp active, Noob/HP dropping, rare monsters on (which when killed give a high exp bonus in addition to the 5exp active) so raising a character to be powerful isnt even a hard thing to do if you take a few days to push at it.

Use all of the different characters, don't stick to one class. Each character is made to fight a different way, use this to find different items and make your other characters stronger. Look in my signature, I have so many characters because each one serves a different purpose. I know the strengths and weaknesses of each class, each ID and I know how to use each character.

I'm not saying I'm the strongest player on the server, but I'll be damned if I can't deal damage to something or get through a challenge. I asked a lot of questions, asked for a lot of help, learned more about this game than I have any other and learned how it works. I've figured out ways to make my level 10 characters do more damage than most people's level 100's and this is all without the use of a Dark Weapon. Even basic weapons can be made extremely powerful if you know what they are good at and how to use them. Being "weak" is never an excuse, not in PSO /rant

Edited by Angeldust
  • Like 2

You must have ran into some scrubs today lol

I'm just so sick of hearing people bitching they cant hunt something cause they aren't strong enough or cause they don't have a pgf, like honestly if thats what you think; you don't deserve one

• Like 1

You must have ran into some scrubs today lol

:onion-head72:

I'm just so sick of hearing people bitching they cant hunt something cause they aren't strong enough or cause they don't have a pgf, like honestly if thats what you think; you don't deserve one

foreal . before i even had a pgf i use to use a rouge and PRs to kill olga . then i ended up hunting a rianov (5th one) to kill him untill i got one . these guys are just spoiled noobs
Edited by Stark 1
  • Like 1

I have a feeling this is in response to my bitching earlier, and you do have a point, I really do enjoy the server, it's just frustrating because my rl friends have lives and can't play as much and I seem to have pretty bad luck when it comes to trying to group up with others.

the whole mantra "if you cant hunt xxx you arent ready for one" seems fairly true. but i can understand peoples frustration. here is an impossibly hard drop that only drops for a VERY short time and costs an absolute fortune. the feeling of 'missing out' is extremely strong in this case. But that being said, your main rant is true, you absolutely do not need a dark weapon to do well. i can do better than most people with dark weapons and i don't have any. My body is ready for one though.... once i acquire one i can tear this server a new asshole. i have been doing RT's like mad... i hope this dipshit PG-EFF-U drops soon.

Edited by ultrajerky
  • Like 2

worst case scenario, this FO is drawing half of the enemy's fire away from you.

Meat shield who is broken easily :"L

You made some good points. The only dark weapon that's really OP is DM imo. The others you're fine without. You can get by fine with DM too, but it's really broken and makes hunting for things faster often times.

Meat shield who is broken easily :"L

You made some good points. The only dark weapon that's really OP is DM imo. The others you're fine without. You can get by fine with DM too, but it's really broken and makes hunting for things faster often times.

DM is extremely broken but DF can be very broken in its own way. it absolutely obliterates every boss, more than DM when used by a hucast imo. only exception is gal.

DM is extremely broken but DF can be very broken in its own way. it absolutely obliterates every boss, more than DM when used by a hucast imo. only exception is gal.

Yeah it's definitely good against bosses. It's an extremely good weapon in general, especially when you take into account the range, but I feel like a hunter should be able to get away with just using a strong sword until they get DF and still do pretty well. Of course DF makes everything much better.

Edited by tru

I'm so weak I always dual log when playing my RAcaseal solo so I improve my multitask skills.

When I started playing (with a single char), hunting HS for the first time on Ultima, I had to kill gorans with confusion traps only. Was farming the first room of WoL4 like this.

I've met many players who asked me to help them hunt PGF or STA because they couldnt solo. I didnt know what to tell them ...

When I joined I had a saber, 4 monomates, a no slot frame, 100 meseta, and a basic mag. Scrubs.

Say that! We all came from the same beginning, all you have to do is invest time and learn the game to be good at it

theres only so much you can do without dark weapons, so everyone should be aiming to get dark weps, you're anger is directed at people who only use dark weps and not other weps

I absolutely disagree. There's nothing a dark weapon can do that something else can't. Dark Bridge is just a special psycho wand. Dark bridge is just a stronger panzer Faust. Dark Flow is literally just a strong sword that shoots lazers. All of them do damage, other weapons can do damage too; sure it may take longer to kill something but if you have skill you'll know how to stay alive long enough to get the job done

the whole mantra "if you cant hunt xxx you arent ready for one" seems fairly true. but i can understand peoples frustration. here is an impossibly hard drop that only drops for a VERY short time and costs an absolute fortune. the feeling of 'missing out' is extremely strong in this case. But that being said, your main rant is true, you absolutely do not need a dark weapon to do well. i can do better than most people with dark weapons and i don't have any. My body is ready for one though.... once i acquire one i can tear this server a new asshole. i have been doing RT's like mad... i hope this dipshit PG-EFF-U drops soon.

Even high level players probably aren't getting a pgf this year, I haven't had a pgf drop for me in the three years I've been on ultima, or the two years I've been in scht. I've had to work and trade for every dark weapon I've ever touched, and even now I probably won't get one this year, but I bet some random new player will get one because this game comes down go dedication and luck in the end

• Like 3