Double Chain Sawd?

I got this idea from a different server. This was an awesome weapon and was wondering if it could potentially be added into this game as well? Im not talking about adding the damage or game-breaking weapons. Im talking about implementing more custom skinned weapons that look nice.

Edited by Innocent

Please do not bring those game breaking weapons from Schthack to Ultima... That was one of the many reasons why people lost interest to play there. Hit 3k-4k damage per slide using charge is cool, but breaks the game and makes economy unstable. Believe me, i expended 6 years of my life on that trash and owned several TMs accross my life, but those weapons are too much for pso. Ultima is just fine as it runs now.

Edited by MrHucast
  • Like 1

Please do not bring those game breaking weapons from Schthack to Ultima... That was one of the many reasons why people lost interest to play there. Hit 3k-4k damage per slide using charge is cool, but breaks the game and makes economy unstable.

>game breaking weapons

>DM

dw :onion108:

• Like 4

the skin itself is cool, its the stats under the hood that are gamebreaking, as long as our mods here aren't idiots, they could re-create the skin without it destroying the game as long as they make it within certain parameters

• Like 1

and please do not make me start with the rainbow at the end of the video! Humars named sephiroth everywhere dealing 3k with spirit special. DF was replaced in like 5 months and lost its place as the number 1 sword in game. Please do not bring OP schthack trash here T_T

To be honest, most new items or weapons on this server are often given plenty of time to test and edit them so that they seem original and not just a gimick like a reskin. It's a lot more meaningful to make new items that fill a new niche previously not achieved by the current roster of items already in the base game. For example, take the concept of a double chainsaw as another twin sword type weapon. There's plenty of other twin swords in the game already, two of the most favored being Sange & Yasha and Jizai for example. Both give a nice amount of ATP and Jizai even has the Hell special, which is a nice touch. Now you have to think that the Twin Chainsaws would be a nice new weapon to include, but you have to think of a way people would want to use the new weapon over one of these two. You can't just go and make it stronger with more ATP because then it becomes overpowered. So you have to give it other stat boosts, or perhaps make it a weapon to use in combination with other items, such as a slot item or certain armor piece. You could also give it a different special not done in the twin sword category before, like Demon so it reduces health down. Then they could be black or dark purple chainsaws to fit the demon theme.

My point is they have ideas thrown around in this server, but usually only the very plausible or very popular ideas within the community will even make it into the game. I do like the idea you have here because to be honest, in the vanilla PSOBB I very much enjoyed my Chain Sawd, and I hate to see it underused because other swords on this server outperform it.

Edited by Master Debaytes
  • Like 3

To be honest, most new items or weapons on this server are often given plenty of time to test and edit them so that they seem original and not just a gimick like a reskin. It's a lot more meaningful to make new items that fill a new niche previously not achieved by the current roster of items already in the base game. For example, take the concept of a double chainsaw as another twin sword type weapon. There's plenty of other twin swords in the game already, two of the most favored being Sange & Yasha and Jizai for example. Both give a nice amount of ATP and Jizai even has the Hell special, which is a nice touch. Now you have to think that the Twin Chainsaws would be a nice new weapon to include, but you have to think of a way people would want to use the new weapon over one of these two. You can't just go and make it stronger with more ATP because then it becomes overpowered. So you have to give it other stat boosts, or perhaps make it a weapon to use in combination with other items, such as a slot item or certain armor piece. You could also give it a different special not done in the twin sword category before, like Demon so it reduces health down. Then they could be black or dark purple chainsaws to fit the demon theme.

My point is they have ideas thrown around in this server, but usually only the very plausible or very popular ideas within the community will even make it into the game. I do like the idea you have here because to be honest, in the vanilla PSOBB I very much enjoyed my Chain Sawd, and I hate to see it underused because other swords on this server outperform it.

Thats exactly what I am saying, if they could put another twin sword in the game without ruining it that would be awesome. Maybe put a berserk special on it with lower atp?

Thats exactly what I am saying, if they could put another twin sword in the game without ruining it that would be awesome. Maybe put a berserk special on it with lower atp?

TypeSS/SWORDS , Add Berserk . problem solved :onion-head70:

• Like 2

Please do not bring those game breaking weapons from Schthack to Ultima... That was one of the many reasons why people lost interest to play there. Hit 3k-4k damage per slide using charge is cool, but breaks the game and makes economy unstable. Believe me, i expended 6 years of my life on that trash and owned several TMs accross my life, but those weapons are too much for pso. Ultima is just fine as it runs now.

please stop. LOL

This server is 10x more game breaking than any other server.

• Like 2

please stop. LOL

This server is 10x more game breaking than any other server.

idk about that XD when u had rainbow that had double range of a sword and hits for like 3K damage and a claw that was hitting for like 6 or 7K damage X3

• Like 1